Does anyone remember what they usually wore as a baby or toddler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
at late 70s i wore pampers or babylino some times all plastic
at early 80s some times cloth (granmas opinion)or pampers and babylino
after my accident that i had in middle 90s i still fitted in pampers size 6 so i wore pampers or small adult diapers

CookieMonstah said:
I think I wore Pampers but I'm not sure, late 90s so they were plastic backed...

Same here. I wore the plastic backed Pampers and I think some of the first cloth-like cover Pampers too (not nearly as good!)

Last edited:
Rodgers said:
I wore pinned on cloth diapers and plastic pants for bedwetting. They fit under pajamas but one time in the morning I tried putting pants on over them and I could not zip the fly.

Growing up in the fifties I too was put to bed in (multiple) pinned on cloth diapers and plastic pants till dry in my eighth year. Don’t know that I ever tried to wear pants over them. However, alone in my room I thoroughly explored and very much enjoyed my infantile attire. And, as I expect was the case with you, some of my nocturnal “accidents” were not accidental.

Remember? Not really. I remember I wore pull-ups at one point. I think I might've worn Luvs with blues clues but I'm not sure, might have also been Barney. Either or. If I wore cloth it wasn't very long. I was in the disposable era. I have seen a lot of pictures that lead me to believe I was naked, a lot. :bleh: I don't if that's just what you do with little kids or what, and it wasn't only when I was potty training,

Even though I near-exclusively wore Pampers, I do remember seeing a pack of Huggies lying around somewhere. I remember my mother putting one of those on my twin sister, Ellie. Perhaps she used them on me too?

This was around late 2000. Ellie and I both stopped wearing regular nappies in early 2001.

When were kids, Ellie was a bedwetter, so wore nighttime nappies (Pampers, she could fit into the baby sizes) intermittently until age 8 (2006). I first realised my fetish by stealing her Pampers.

WBxx said:
Growing up in the fifties I too was put to bed in (multiple) pinned on cloth diapers and plastic pants till dry in my eighth year. Don’t know that I ever tried to wear pants over them. However, alone in my room I thoroughly explored and very much enjoyed my infantile attire. And, as I expect was the case with you, some of my nocturnal “accidents” were not accidental.
I don't recall ever consciously wetting my diaper. I would only keep them on in the morning if they were dry. If I was wet I would pull them off and leave them on the floor (we had a maid). You do raise a question: does wearing diapers subconsciously enable bedwetting? My wife thinks yes but I doubt it. But I know I enjoyed wearing them at 6 or 7 years old.

Your here so you must still enjoy them to some degree!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

51a37cd0d993c42f0b2a349c2a2047b7.jpg
d84cad73772394ff61484d36667b1283.jpg
When I was in the NICU (24 weeks gestation) I wore WeePee diapers. After that, I wore normal Huggies/Pampers and Goodnites until 8/9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hotdog55 said:
I think I might've worn Luvs with blues clues

From what I've read Luvs didn't put Blue's Clues on their diapers until 2004. Now if only they still had Blue instead of that generic monkey...

Anyway... My mom says she liked Luvs for me, although the hospital sent me home in Pampers. From what she's said about designs on them however, I have a feeling she just bought whatever brand was cuter perhaps.

I was a Huggies kid primarily. Diapers, Pull Ups, and Goodnites. I've been told for a little while at first I was kept in cloth, but all I remember are the Huggies.

Pampers

Cloth diapers and rubber pants for me. Don't remember though when I was potty trained. All we had was a outhouse or a potty chair.
Didn't use a flushing toilet until I was 5.

I don't quite remember, but there are many pictures of me as an infant and toddler, and it was in the mid-to-late '90s, and there are a lot of me in overalls, and a few of me as a 2-year-old in what I guess would be considered a onesie, since it combined a buttoned shirt and pants into one garment. There's also a couple of pictures of me in striped shirts. This is when I was 3 years old. Also, there's one of me from 1995 when I was a few months old and I'm in a solid reddish shirt and disposable diaper and holding my Mr. Bunny stuffie. As far as my diapers went, they were mostly solid white, but sometimes with a decorated waist panel.

handsomestallion said:
and a few of me as a 2-year-old in what I guess would be considered a onesie, since it combined a buttoned shirt and pants into one garment.

It's more properly called a romper.

On a random note, I have a memory of being about five years old and taking notice of a pack of Huggies Supremes - I actually just remember the package was maroon, and later looked it up - on a grocery-store shelf. I don't really know why this sticks out in my mind, as I didn't have much interest in regular diapers as a kid (Pull-Ups and GoodNites were the stuff that caught my attention), but for whatever reason, it's something I remember.

Last edited:
Prefolds and covers from birth, then disposables from daycare onward.

Even though I don't really know what I wore as a baby, I remember EXACTLY the first diaper I wore beyond potty training. It was a Luvs size 5 diaper with Barney the dinosaur prints on the landing zone, and it was cloth-backed.

Ian16545 said:
Prefolds and covers from birth, then disposables from daycare onward.

And to illustrate what disposables I wore:

At home:
s-l800.jpg

At daycare:
s-l1000.jpg Cozies Large 1980's.jpg

While visiting relatives (mainly my dad's side of the family):
s-l800.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back