Bambino Magnifico/Bianco Ultra Stretch thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyLink9

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
First thought, THE VELCRO TAPES ARE AMAZING. I have been able to re-tape this diaper so many times because of it. I love this design so much. However I've stated it before that I'm not a big fan of plastic backed diapers so the rest of this thing is a bit of a turn off for me. I'd rather have it all be cloth backed, that's just my preference.

The 2nd thing I have noticed is the padding. This diaper is so bulky. I really like it and kinda don't at the same time XD The fact that I actually have to waddle to walk is making me laugh. I haven't wet it yet so I'm excited to know how its going to swell.

I also wouldn't call the stretchy sides "Stretchy" I guess? not as stretchy as a baby diaper's modern velcro tabs.

What are you're guys thoughts on the diaper? I'm probably going to update this as the night goes on.

I love their feel, but for whatever reason they leak immediately when wet. Don't know if they have to be taped differently or what. I don't have that problem with most other diapers.

When it comes to wetting this diaper hold more then any that I have ever tried.

It's kinda falling apart tho because I used. Baby oil and it seems to break apart the diapers glue holding it together.

Update: ok so that diaper can hold way more then any diaper I have ever wore. Bambino really has an unnessary amount of absorbancy. I wet that diaper about 5 times before actually needing to change, along with 3 water bottles I poured down my diaper to make it wetter and test for leaks. Long story short. It never leaked even after that. I'm absolutly mind blow that the diaper was able to hold that much. The tapes never came undone through out the whole thing. I swore I was wearing a water balloon.

The diaper began to fall apart however, I believe that was from me using baby oil and it breaking down the glue holding it together. I noticed the leak guard coming undone before I actually begun to pee. I have one more from the sample pack and I'll do the same process again without the baby oil and see if it was because of my intense wetting that caused it to fall apart, or the oil.

I'll say it once and I'll say it again. If this diaper ever gets a cloth backed version. I'd be the happiest person on the planet. It's absolutely amazing. The amount this diaper was able to hold was ridiculous. Just wish It cost a little less.

Last edited:
I guess I'm old school, but I like plastic backed diapers. I really like the Magnifico's and Ultrastretch, because I can reuse them. I do eventually wet them after a couple of nights.

I got a case of plain and printed headed my way set for delievery on Tuesday.... I can wait to try them, I hope they meet my expectations of holding a good amount of abuse while remaining comfortable.
Since I have been wearing so much recently and me being very active, the plastic sheets on the side wings have irritated my skin on my upper hips (outsides) so I'm hoping that the cloth like elastic gives me a smoother surface.

pampersboy25 said:
I love their feel, but for whatever reason they leak immediately when wet. Don't know if they have to be taped differently or what. I don't have that problem with most other diapers.

Unlike most tabbed diapers, you can tape these down a lot tighter. Make sure you're attaching the lowers low enough and in far enough. (the lower tapes should probably be stuck down at the very bottom of the velcro area) Some of the material will stretch a little after an hour or so and you'll want to move in the tapes about an inch, but it should be stable at that point. Make sure you're leaving a bit of a "gutter" for drainage too. Capacity should be on par with bellisimo, which is pretty good.

- - - Updated - - -

BabyLink9 said:
It's kinda falling apart tho because I used. Baby oil and it seems to break apart the diapers glue holding it together..

Yeah the default glue for this model (used by tykables, dcamore, abena) for the leak guards and leg gathers does dissolve in the presence of some oils and lotions. I never get my walmart lotion anywhere near the elastic or it's gonna fall apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back