Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 127

Thread: Pro Gay Marriage, Anti Trans

  1. #1

    Default Pro Gay Marriage, Anti Trans

    I'm curious if I'm the only one that thinks this way. Although I don't [I]personally[I] identify as a gay man being a heterosexual Christian married to a woman man, I can't justify not supporting gay marriage. Again, I don't actually agree with the lifestyle, but if I was a politician I think I would actually support it. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, is that not what America is all about? Having said that, I don't agree with the idea of being transgender. I have a hard time justifying the amputation of a perfectly fine body part because I "feel" like it shouldn't be there. What would a doctor say if I came in and told them that I feel like I should have only been born with a right arm and wished to have it amputated?

    Something I have wandered in the past: if you consider yourself transgender, were you involved in any sort of trauma growing up or have something out of the norm cajole you into feeling the way you do?

    Let me be clear, this post is in no way attacking anyone. Even if you are transgender and are reading this, I would have a beer with you because we are both DLs (are there any AB that AREN'T DLs?!) and you can't fight this thing alone. Personally being a DL is terrible to me and I wouldn't want this for my worst enemy but I am trying to deal with it the best way possible and that means you too!

  2. #2

    Default

    just a quick response, as I dont have the energy to make a worthwhile post, and I also felt similar until I learned a few interesting facts, facts that are upheld in professional circles, dominantly.

    did you know that different parts of the brain are active in bio-males who identify as male and bio-males who dont? that even subtle differences in brain shape exist?

    I think once you separate the idea that its a choice, as opposed to being rooted in biology, it may help you to understand?


    If you are really looking for more information, you might consider reading this thread.

    https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthre...Mental-Illness

    https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthre...ht=transgender

    hope either of these helps with your curiosity, welcome to adisc.

  3. #3
    MarchinBunny

    Default

    Well first, I need to point out that the procedure isn't amputation. XD If you really want to know what they do, you will have to look it up, I am not going to explain it here XD ... probably TMI really.
    Second, can you explain why it bothers you if someone wants their arm chopped off? If it makes them happy ... where exactly is the issue? Can you actually think of any reason it wouldn't be right for them to do, and can you say why?
    Now, on the other hand, I can understand some people may argue that doing so could put them on disability and really, that is an entirely separate matter I find. In plus, the comparison is for being trans, and getting such a surgery doesn't make you disabled, so that argument is irrelvant anyway.

    Also, how else do you suppose they should fix the issue? So here is a question for you, if someone is born with both and they are perfectly functional ... do you think it is wrong for them to get one removed? What if someone is born with a 3rd somewhat functional arm. o.o Should they not remove it?

    I am just curious to see where exactly you draw the line, and why.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by MommyandMattling View Post
    just a quick response, as I dont have the energy to make a worthwhile post, and I also felt similar until I learned a few interesting facts, facts that are upheld in professional circles, dominantly.

    did you know that different parts of the brain are active in bio-males who identify as male and bio-males who dont? that even subtle differences in brain shape exist?

    I think once you separate the idea that its a choice, as opposed to being rooted in biology, it may help you to understand?


    If you are really looking for more information, you might consider reading this thread.

    https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthre...Mental-Illness

    https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthre...ht=transgender

    hope either of these helps with your curiosity, welcome to adisc.
    Did you also know that the brain adapts to what it's used (and not used) for? Comparing brains in gay men and hetero men after they've been using them and modifying neural connections for 20 plus years doesn't necessarily prove anything.

  5. #5
    MarchinBunny

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Did you also know that the brain adapts to what it's used (and not used) for? Comparing brains in gay men and hetero men after they've been using them and modifying neural connections for 20 plus years doesn't necessarily prove anything.
    Wait ... what? O.o
    So what you are saying is they're slowly becoming gay because they believe they are gay? XD

    Edit:
    I sometimes wonder why you comment on these things when you know the things you say just sound bigoted.

  6. #6

    Default

    I don't understand. We, out of all people, should be open-minded about different interests. I never chose to have a weird thing for diapers and baby stuff but I do. Unless the behavior is harmful in some way, I really see no problems with how others chose to live.

  7. #7

    Default

    I realize my argument almost collapses on itself but I guess I feel sad for people that feel this way.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I can't read those right now but intend too. Thanks for the link!

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by MarchinBunny View Post
    Wait ... what? O.o
    So what you are saying is they're slowly becoming gay because they believe they are gay? XD

    Edit:
    I sometimes wonder why you comment on these things when you know the things you say just sound bigoted.
    I'm saying that I don't know, but that nobody else does either, and it's certainly a possibility.

  9. #9
    MarchinBunny

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    I'm saying that I don't know, but that nobody else does either, and it's certainly a possibility.
    Well .. ya, we don't know. That is why we look at the evidence XD. But you on the other hand look at the evidence and always wanna try and bring doubt to it on purpose.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by MarchinBunny View Post
    Well .. ya, we don't know. That is why we look at the evidence XD. But you on the other hand look at the evidence and always wanna try and bring doubt to it on purpose.
    Yep. Otherwise everyone pats each other on the back, congratulates themselves on their hipness, and goes on over the cliff with the other trendy lemmings.

Similar Threads

  1. I...I think I might be a Trans-Girl.
    By Zillabrony13 in forum Sissy / Girls
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-Dec-2016, 04:48
  2. I'm trans.
    By LittleJess in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 21-Dec-2015, 13:50
  3. For anyone trans..
    By CrinklySiren in forum Sissy / Girls
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 27-Oct-2013, 02:50
  4. Conflicted about being trans.
    By AnnieAutomatic in forum Sissy / Girls
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 14-Aug-2013, 22:06
  5. trans
    By clip12 in forum Sissy / Girls
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23-May-2013, 20:48

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.