Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird feelings?

Default Weird feelings?

Sorry I haven't been posting, life's been getting in the way.

Anyway, I have gotten some new friends (male) over the past few months. Now I have always seen myself as asexual, but since I've been hanging out with them I noticed that I have had sexual feelings towards women. To clarify only when I'm with them, also I'm male. After not being with them after a couple of days I seem to lose interest.

I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on this. Also if anyone has had/does have this problem whether it be male or female I would love to hear from you especially.

This post seems a little ambiguous; are you gay? I looked at your profile and you listed it as straight so am I missing something? Personally I identify as a straight guy but are you confused as to why you are having feelings for women?

I joined before I learned that there was a name for asexuality and it was just easier to tell everyone I was straight. It just never crossed my mined to change it. It's just when I'm not around them I have very little to no attraction to any sex.

Asexuality is a spectrum. Most asexual people are primarily straight or gay, but just feel no need for intimacy. That doesn't mean you feel nothing at all, but just that it's dulled to the extent that you could easily live without it. So yes, it's perfectly normal to feel a bit of something.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaDL View Post
    Asexuality is a spectrum. Most asexual people are primarily straight or gay, but just feel no need for intimacy. That doesn't mean you feel nothing at all, but just that it's dulled to the extent that you could easily live without it. So yes, it's perfectly normal to feel a bit of something.
    Thanks this really helped.

some one linked this to me http://www.alexithymia.us/test-alex.html I don't fully understand it but I identify as asexual as well but there are features from both sexes l like just not to the level of being intimate with some one, I used to just feel broken in that regard, I took that test just for entrainment and scored a 142

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by DracoAmericanus View Post
    some one linked this to me http://www.alexithymia.us/test-alex.html I don't fully understand it but I identify as asexual as well but there are features from both sexes l like just not to the level of being intimate with some one, I used to just feel broken in that regard, I took that test just for entrainment and scored a 142
    I just took it and scored 138. XD
    What exactly is Alexithymia?

Guys typically talk about sex and if your friends are also straight, they're talking about girls, I assume. That could be arousing for you while they're with you and talking. Once they leave, the conversation ends and perhaps, so does the desire. This is just conjecture on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by MarchinBunny View Post
    I just took it and scored 138. XD
    What exactly is Alexithymia?
    According to Wikipedia, it ''is a personality construct characterized by the subclinical inability to identify and describe emotions in the self.'' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexithymia

I know there are times I fake interest when I am around people I don't know that well, I originally found that link on forum for people within the autistic spectrum