New depends nighttime underwear

Status
Not open for further replies.
As there isn't a version for men, no

They look horrible and I'm surprised that they can be marketed as "nighttime". No standing leak guards and an absorbent area that looks no bigger than a incontinence pad. It doesn't even extend to either the front or back waist line, not to mention no spread across the front or back. If these would be sufficient for your nighttime needs, I'd wager you'd be fine with just a pad or even just thicker underwear.

DLPJ said:
I had a look at the reviews on the site. Do you think the comments are written by real users or the company? They seam overwhelmingly positive for an underwhelming product.

Depends is notorious for removing any negative comments from their website. Even constructive criticism gets deleted.

Saw them in the store a few weeks ago and bought them, just about through the bag now. I would not call them overnight pull ups, but not to bad for day use. I have had some leaking if I really wet them, but they work well with Gary plastic pants over top.

Lol, it always amazes me to see people say a crappy/baby diaper works great as long as you compensate for the low capacity and don't mind the leaks.

The whole point of a diaper is to absorb urine and not leak. If it fails at this, then it fails as a diaper. (Did you see that period there)

Slomo said:
Depends is notorious for removing any negative comments from their website. Even constructive criticism gets deleted.

Yeah, the fact the fitted briefs reverted back to plastic gives an indication of really how many negative comments they were getting for that change to happen.

Slomo said:
Lol, it always amazes me to see people say a crappy/baby diaper works great as long as you compensate for the low capacity and don't mind the leaks.

The whole point of a diaper is to absorb urine and not leak. If it fails at this, then it fails as a diaper. (Did you see that period there)

That is not the whole point of a diaper. I don't need them at all. I like like them not to leak and with decent capacity but if (for instance) the only form of plastic backed diapers were in the form of Goodnites or something similar, I'd probably use those. The capacity is less important than how they might look or feel. It's probably not going to be all one thing with someone but different things matter.

I tried them. They work for leakage and maybe a small daytime wetting. For night? Useless.

Trevor said:
That is not the whole point of a diaper. I don't need them at all. I like like them not to leak and with decent capacity but if (for instance) the only form of plastic backed diapers were in the form of Goodnites or something similar, I'd probably use those. The capacity is less important than how they might look or feel. It's probably not going to be all one thing with someone but different things matter.

Just because you (or anyone) doesn't need them, doesn't mean they weren't designed, made, and fully intended to be used to contain pee/poop. The fact is, yes- the whole point of diapers being made in the first place IS specifically for just this. Now is that the -only- point to them, obviously not. Just as you said, people do have other uses for them too. As long as any diaper can at least fulfil their primary point in not leaking, then why should't they be able to have secondary points to them (such as colourful prints, different tactile feels, or whatever). However, once those secondary points take the lead and a diaper can no longer fulfil it's primary intent, then it's no longer able to function as a diaper is intended now is it. Kind of defeats the purpose after all.

Slomo said:
Just because you (or anyone) doesn't need them, doesn't mean they weren't designed, made, and fully intended to be used to contain pee/poop. The fact is, yes- the whole point of diapers being made in the first place IS specifically for just this. Now is that the -only- point to them, obviously not. Just as you said, people do have other uses for them too. As long as any diaper can at least fulfil their primary point in not leaking, then why should't they be able to have secondary points to them (such as colourful prints, different tactile feels, or whatever). However, once those secondary points take the lead and a diaper can no longer fulfil it's primary intent, then it's no longer able to function as a diaper is intended now is it. Kind of defeats the purpose after all.

Call me crazy but I think on a site dedicated to an odd fixation on diapers (among other things) the original intent of the manufacturer takes a backseat to what the people here get out of them. There's a notable minority who don't even like using diapers, so any discussion of capacity or practicality are irrelevant to them.

I'm more inclined toward practical concerns but as I indicated above, smooth plastic is where I draw that line. Clothlike covered diapers may be all well and good but they don't scratch the itch for me. It's fine if your only concerns are what works. Just know that will vary from person to person here.

Trevor said:
Call me crazy but I think on a site dedicated to an odd fixation on diapers (among other things) the original intent of the manufacturer takes a backseat to what the people here get out of them. There's a notable minority who don't even like using diapers, so any discussion of capacity or practicality are irrelevant to them.

I'm more inclined toward practical concerns but as I indicated above, smooth plastic is where I draw that line. Clothlike covered diapers may be all well and good but they don't scratch the itch for me. It's fine if your only concerns are what works. Just know that will vary from person to person here.

Ok, you're crazy. As you will find, even here, a vast majority will still use their diapers- this very much is included in our odd fixation. But let's forget about here, and majority or minorty at all, and just look at the manufacturer's themselves. ALL diaper manufacturers, including abdl ones, make their diapers for the primary purpose of being used. That is not a debatable fact, it's just the way it is. Ergo, the use and ability of a diaper still comes first and foremost.

Now like I've already said, yes some include many other points or purposes to their lines. This is in part, to help serve those in the minority. Regardless, this is STILL all secondary and my original point still stands. Sorry you don't like or care that, but there it is.

Slomo said:
Ok, you're crazy. As you will find, even here, a vast majority will still use their diapers- this very much is included in our odd fixation. But let's forget about here, and majority or minorty at all, and just look at the manufacturer's themselves. ALL diaper manufacturers, including abdl ones, make their diapers for the primary purpose of being used. That is not a debatable fact, it's just the way it is. Ergo, the use and ability of a diaper still comes first and foremost.

Now like I've already said, yes some include many other points or purposes to their lines. This is in part, to help serve those in the minority. Regardless, this is STILL all secondary and my original point still stands. Sorry you don't like or care that, but there it is.

No argument that they're made to be used. I'd say it's the most significant purpose for a diaper even in our community. My only argument was to say it's the whole point misses the point for a significant portion of the community for multiple reasons. This is why i think it's relevant to qualify responses. I can complain about clothlike covers even as I accept that some find them preferable. Goodnites satisfy a lot of us for multiple reasons. Unless someone has stated they're only interested in what works (or is posting in Incontinence), I'm going to continue to believe that there are other factors at play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back