2 Folded adult diaper instead of 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyLink9

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Has anyone tried taking one of your diapers and making it a normal 2 fold instead of 3? Pics bellow for what I did and what I'm talking about. Used a Size 5 pampers swaddlers for comparison.

image1.jpg

Looks more like they should

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Haha. I totally have! Theres definitely a more nostalgic angle to the single folded style. Just gadda bust open the pack, prefold all them nappies and stack them back up with an alas or 2 on top for a while to getter set. :p

Jbdl said:
Haha. I totally have! Theres definitely a more nostalgic angle to the single folded style. Just gadda bust open the pack, prefold all them nappies and stack them back up with an alas or 2 on top for a while to getter set. :p

I was thinking of doing the same thing next time! That's the last one I have from that package so probably gonna set them up like that with the next one!

I don't really like 2 fold adult diapers, they take up too much space in back packs, but thats me

I could swear at some point I had used bifold adult diapers rather than the modern trifold.

My bet is ABU has their sites set on doing this eventually.

Well done BTW, very cute.

just take a look at my ava pic all those bambino diapers are bi-fold. Yes, I prefer them that way.

I also pretape my next morning's diaper to make it fast to pull on and fit consistently, and it gets bi-folded before placing in the cabinet for the next morning.

I remember Casey from ABU saying that it has more to do with the machine process and less to do with wanting to do it. they would like to do this but the machines the diapers are made on finishing process is a 3 fold.

Heyyy, that looks good, why didn't I think of this before Ö_Ö!

It's interesting to see what people care about. I'm utterly indifferent to how many folds on an aesthetic level. It's strictly a practical matter for me and it seems as though the tri-fold is better for space and also possibly for leak avoidance.

The three fold has a specific function. It's so diaper packages can fit on a store shelf. A double fold would make them too tall to be stocked. Kind of pointless though, since no stores carry our diapers anyways.

TyphaHare said:
Heyyy, that looks good, why didn't I think of this before Ö_Ö!

I was sitting at work the other day and thought of trying this when I got home. Now I'm gonna fold them all like this. You kinda have to place them under something heavy for a while tho so they take the shape of the new fold. Just leave your diaper under a bunch of books for one night and you're good!

BabyLink9 said:
I was sitting at work the other day and thought of trying this when I got home. Now I'm gonna fold them all like this. You kinda have to place them under something heavy for a while tho so they take the shape of the new fold. Just leave your diaper under a bunch of books for one night and you're good!

I think for a lot of us what they look like is important, everything about them should be as close as we remember them from years ago. And that fold, that's an important part of the look. Trifold has always looked "wrong" to me. So even though I load up my diaper cabinet with them as they come out of the bag, I still prefer the look of a properly "refolded" diaper.

Two fold adult diapers end up with the wrong length to width ratio to be properly nostalgic for me... guess it's what's more important in look to you that matters!

Argent said:
I could swear at some point I had used bifold adult diapers rather than the modern trifold.

My bet is ABU has their sites set on doing this eventually.

Well done BTW, very cute.

Medline and Assorbs came as a bifold

bambinod said:
I think for a lot of us what they look like is important, everything about them should be as close as we remember them from years ago. And that fold, that's an important part of the look. Trifold has always looked "wrong" to me. So even though I load up my diaper cabinet with them as they come out of the bag, I still prefer the look of a properly "refolded" diaper.

Yeah I agree, all I've really been searching for is a way to make my diapers more like what I remember when I was a baby.

AdorableRabbit said:
Two fold adult diapers end up with the wrong length to width ratio to be properly nostalgic for me... guess it's what's more important in look to you that matters!

When I compared my Abu preschool to the pampers swaddlers I have currently it looked just like a large baby diaper. The only difference was the plastic landing zone and tapes. Looked normal to me? Guess other diapers are different a little bit...?

AdorableRabbit said:

I do notice that a bit... they seem longer than they ought to be.

But on the other hand, one end is thick, smooth, and rounded with that crinkly "U" on the sides that I love to see, and the other end is where it flattens out and you see where the padding stops and then there are the ripples of the waistband. I just love that look, even if the "ratio" is off a little. That's how I remember all diapers looking from years ago. I'm sure that's why I also prefer mostly-all-white and plastic.

Just look at those bi-folded diapers to the left there in my avatar... don't those look a lot more "authentic"?

bambinod said:
I do notice that a bit... they seem longer than they ought to be.

But on the other hand, one end is thick, smooth, and rounded with that crinkly "U" on the sides that I love to see, and the other end is where it flattens out and you see where the padding stops and then there are the ripples of the waistband. I just love that look, even if the "ratio" is off a little. That's how I remember all diapers looking from years ago. I'm sure that's why I also prefer mostly-all-white and plastic.

Just look at those bi-folded diapers to the left there in my avatar... don't those look a lot more "authentic"?

I know what you mean about the 'crinkly "U"' ... and certainly prefer all white too (though some of the new fangled all over print ABDL diapers are delightfully childish)! For some reason the overall shape though does matter to me personally just as much as the fold. The bi-folds in your picture look distractingly long to me. Then again I am really bothered by most ABDL clothing because it's looks freakishly distorted - like when the taped seams of a onesie stay a half inch thick at most with cute print that would have been large relative to a baby and repated 3 or 4 times is relatively tiny on an adult and repeated dozens of times... With the tri-fold I still see a crinkle edge on one side and a poof curve on the other, but also the whole thing has more poof in the middle... *shrug*

I think my ideal would be bi-fold diapers, slightly thicker and slightly wider (or folded to be wider when closed?). I think that would be the most authentic!

It would be nice to see two folds, as I agree, image is a huge part of it for me. That's why I prefer ABU's line of single tape diapers. I suspect one reason our brands get the tri fold is because they are manufactured on the same type of machines that make normal adult diapers. You know how weirded out the general population is to adults in diapers, for any reason, hence why they come up with non offending medical buzzwords so people don't feel embarrassed. I think the big scary "D" word is too much.

I will say, having them folded in threes makes storing them in my dresser drawer easier.

AdorableRabbit said:
I know what you mean about the 'crinkly "U"' ... and certainly prefer all white too (though some of the new fangled all over print ABDL diapers are delightfully childish)! For some reason the overall shape though does matter to me personally just as much as the fold. The bi-folds in your picture look distractingly long to me.

I suppose if we saw diapers that were just scaled up, we'd have to have a lot thicker (win?) and a LOT wider crotch. Toddlers tottle for a reason, they've got a huge amount of bulk between their legs for their size. It's a wonder they can stagger so fast actually.

As adults, our bladders don't scale as far as our outer dimensions, and so our diapers don't need to be as absorbent, relatively speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back