Have you ever been told you were not a AB or a little?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Has anyone ever tried to tell you you were not an adult baby because you didn't have enough baby items or didn't have a nursery or didn't fit the stereotypes of an AB they see in the media? What about being told how you are not a little because you are perhaps not immature enough or not childish enough or your interests are not childish enough?

One of my online friends has been told by several ABs that he wasn't a real AB because he liked to watch sports and drama on TV and didn't like cutesy things or watch any children shows. I mean what the hell? Is there even a criteria for what defines an AB? No.

One of my ex's tried to tell me I wasn't an AB just because I didn't act baby enough and I guess I needed to be a baby 24/7 or needed a nursery or use bottles and pacifiers 24/7 to be one but he was too into stereotypes.

I guess some people get so caught up in stereotypes they try to define others and say they are not an AB. Heck I have even see a couple people here trying to accuse someone here of pretending to be DL. What? How does that even work lol? You either like diapers or you don't or you are just curious but how the hell do you pretend to be a DL if you are into diapers or just curious about them? Is there a criteria for what defines a DL? No. So anyone can put that label on themselves all they want if they are into diapers. It's not like it's a medical condition or a disorder.

Last edited:
I've never been told that but then again, I just came out with my AB recently. I think I should remind anyone accusing someone of not being babyish enough, that the "A" part does still stand for adult and as such, I see nothing wrong with having adult aspects to your lifestyle. I don't do many things in a baby manner but I adopt and use the things that comfort and make me happy.

I've been told I can't be a little because I'm female, actually. That I'm simply being tricked out by a big (which I didn't have at the time) and exploiting a fetish for money. It's not that shocking to hear, early abdl communities I joined when I was a kid were along a similar thought. But it didn't bother me, some were quite vicious though. But most of one particular set of messages were gibberish. It kind of reminded me of the days when I quietly lurked and read stories instead of posting.

All the same, I don't require validation for something I've been into since forever. X3

Oddly enough, I don't recall being told that. Considering that I don't really regress, it seems like it would be a reasonable (if incorrect) assumption. I've had ABDL friends question whether I was really into diapers at all because I was so low-key about it but they were just joking around. I'm a different kind of AB but we're out there and it hasn't been a problem so far.

Calico said:
One of my online friends has been told by several ABs that he wasn't a real AB because he liked to watch sports and drama on TV
Kind of ironic considering that babies are super into playing with ball toys, so I guess to be an adult baby you can only be into ball toys up to the point that you still have no interest in sports.
And drama? Man, what actual baby isn't dramatic? Do one slightly irritating thing and it is like uncorking a bottle of satan.

Calico said:
One of my ex's tried to tell me I wasn't an AB just because I didn't act baby enough and I guess I needed to be a baby 24/7 or needed a nurser or use bottles and pacifiers 24/7 to be one but he was too into stereotypes.
Yeah, they must not understand that we live in a world where we are still required to be functional adults otherwise we will starve to death. If I didn't have to rely on an income and had an absurdly selfless person who wanted to be my caretaker, then maybe I would consider being a baby 24/7, but even then, it would be hard. Why? Maybe because in the midst of trying to be a responsible adult I developed other traits and hobbies that I enjoy and it is a lot to give up on those. I didn't have a choice in the matter because said absurdly selfless caretaker hasn't shown up yet (or at least isn't physically in my life yet), and my parents wanted me to be happy in life so they made me learn how to function in society. To force yourself to kill off one or more boxes of your personality so you can fit perfectly in a single box of your personality just makes you a square.

Oh well, I guess the thing that we learn Calico is that some people just don't clearly understand the world but want to act like they do. Meanwhile the rest of us are just trying to figure out the world because it is actually a giant mess of confusing crazy, which is why it is nice to spend some time in the little head space box.

Being little or adult baby is a state of mind, it has nothing to do with how many "things" you have. Imagination and belief in yourself is very powerful, you need nothing more than your brain to make yourself be who you are. The "things" may add to the visual of who you are, but who you think you are is more of the truth. I have been a little for many, many years but I only accepted myself in the last few years. Dressing the part is nice but it does not change who you are.

I don’t think there is any clear defecation of what a TB, AB, Little or middle is.

You just know that your feel younger on the inside.

I think it is wrong of any one to say that you are this or are not that.

This is the thing about labels, one size does not fit all. We are all individuals. And we have our own likes and dislikes that will be different to someone else.

There are many wannabes out there but in order to qualify as an official adult baby it is critical that you have the just right stuff. Specifically, all purebred adult babies are 50% adult and 50% baby. It's not as easy as it looks. It requires a delicate balancing act. For example, a day of unsuccessful potty training satisfies the baby requirement but would need to be matched later on by some adult activities such as beer drinking and doing the Hokey-Pokey. Anyone who acts like a baby 24/7 is a slacker and is unfit to carry the title 'Adult Baby'.

Since I have pps or Peter pan syndrome nt incontinence my life is constantly in little form daily always having fun I might be 41 but my mind is stuck at 10 so during the day I'm a little but at night I'm ab living both it's not just confusing but right down hard times I'm little my ab wants out so I suck a pacifier at times when I need to go to bed my ab comes out and wants to be cuddled talk about aggravating. My job is a clown and work with dogs see a fun job being an adult SUCKS to me but it's part of who I am and right now I have to be an adult since I'm about to go through chemotherapy there's a little window in my life of being both thank you

Might be a little off topic, but I had something like that with furries.

I only visited furries once (too much bad experience with the forum I was active in).
They said things like - you're not a real furry and the next wolf will be better I hope....

...so loving wolves and dogs since I can think an also adore furry artwork, anthropomorphic cartoons and so on means I am not allowed to call myself furry, but the guys who were just purring at each other while staying 90% of the day in bed doing nothing are...okay I call myself fan of the fandom then...

I think it's just a term, so if someone tells you you're not an AB, little or whatever you want to be called has a little problem with his/her self confidence...

Oh I get it now, I need a 3000 bucks fursuit, then I am totally a furry...

(No offence you little plush-butts, just wanted to share this story, I still like the majority of the fandom and the things they do)

SabuInu said:
Might be a little off topic, but I had something like that with furries.

I only visited furries once (too much bad experience with the forum I was active in).
They said things like - you're not a real furry and the next wolf will be better I hope....

...so loving wolves and dogs since I can think an also adore furry artwork, anthropomorphic cartoons and so on means I am not allowed to call myself furry, but the guys who were just purring at each other while staying 90% of the day in bed doing nothing are...okay I call myself fan of the fandom then...

I think it's just a term, so if someone tells you you're not an AB, little or whatever you want to be called has a little problem with his/her self confidence...

Oh I get it now, I need a 3000 bucks fursuit, then I am totally a furry...

(No offence you little plush-butts, just wanted to share this story, I still like the majority of the fandom and the things they do)

Some people can be really mean.

Don't you listen to them they are very selly grown ups.

Like selly ageplayers that don't have any happy thoughts. So they try and bring us real Littles down and tack away our fary dust away.

Group ups! Yuck.

Just my 2 cents, but being an AB or a little is more of a mindset than what you do or do not have. Most can't afford a full Nursery anyway. I'm a Daddy and my boy prefers a little boys room not a nursery, so his room looks like a boys room, twin bed, fun decorations on the walls, some LB clothing.

Nope. I mean, I know I don't have a lot of baby stuff or wear diapers (I want to, but the circumstances I'm in prevent it). I still feel like a little because of my interests and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back