Why do babyfurs like telegram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually don't like it nor do I like many of the chat apps.

Telegram, KiK etc are generally used by the younger crowd of Babyfurs, I don't use them because I don't feel like having people know too much about me.

I use telegram mainly because of the sticker packs! :3 They are super adorbs! Privacy was a big concern for me at first as I had a version of android pre-app permissions and telegram basically suggested to all my contacts that they should add me... However I've since upgraded my android device and provisioned a separate google voice number for my sona. I just deny telegram the permissions to access my phones contacts. Stickers and the easy to use interface keep me locked into using telegram.

The sticker packs are indeed a huge incentive.

I'm not entirely sure why Telegram caught fire in the furry community (the babyfur community using it heavily is just a side effect of that), but my guess is that it's because it ticks a lot of boxes tech inclined people like (there is a good client on just about every OS imaginable and the existence of secure chats) on top of having strong support for large group chats.

Near said:
The sticker packs are indeed a huge incentive.

I'm not entirely sure why Telegram caught fire in the furry community (the babyfur community using it heavily is just a side effect of that), but my guess is that it's because it ticks a lot of boxes tech inclined people like (there is a good client on just about every OS imaginable and the existence of secure chats) on top of having strong support for large group chats.

Yeah I was really hoping the furry jabber server would take off... alas the stickers though, they are why I keep using it, that and I haven't ever accidentally called anyone like some other xabber client bought by microsoft.

I just signed up for Telegram and I was able to deny the app access to my contacts. It also asked to take SMS and phone calls, which I denied. Just to be safe, I cleaned out my contacts and moved them to a Word document that I can open if I need someone's number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back