English language as a need to achvieve little headspace?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyJacob98

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hello everyone,
I've realized that the english language makes me feel little. As crazy as it sounds at first it's is actually logical. You know the saying: With every language you master- new personality is born. I'm not a native english speaker so it's easy to understand that my little side was partialy created on this saying. The reason why it happened is probably because I watch cartoons in english, read stories in english and talk about abdl topic only in english. English self-talk really puts me into little headspace and is more often becoming a need-like a mileston you have to achvieve in order to procceed.

It's interesting how the brain is wired...When watching cartoons I don't need to consciously translate words to my native language. It just happens-I understand.
Does anyone have similar experience? Generaly, do you feel (just a little bit) like a different person when speaking in non-native language?

That would be a funny situation if you were a translator for a business deal or peace treaty negotiations and had to translate English. That is an interesting result of how you were exposed to the language, I'm glad that you have a pretty easy outlet for putting you into little head space.

I have the same thing, except not English, for me it's ASL (American sign language). I can't explain it, but for me whenever I'm using it I kind of feel like a little kid trying to figure out how to best use the language to express my thoughts.

Haha, yeah. If I had ever been the translator I would have done it only with a plushie in one hand. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Codywhitetiger said:
I have the same thing, except not English, for me it's ASL (American sign language). I can't explain it, but for me whenever I'm using it I kind of feel like a little kid trying to figure out how to best use the language to express my thoughts.
May I ask, do you have any disability of speach? Or do you use it because of the fact that babies can't talk?

BabyJacob98 said:
May I ask, do you have any disability of speach? Or do you use it because of the fact that babies can't talk?

No disability, I took it in high school for my language credit. I was offered Spanish, French, and ASL, so I chose ASL because it seemed like the most interesting. While taking the class, I fell in love with the language and the culture.

I think possibly a reason for me associating it some with little stuff is that my teacher liked to use the immersion technique. So when I first started taking the class there was this sort of surreal experience of not being able to communicate at all, and needing to figure out what was going on based on contextual cues.

Last edited:
Oh, I see. Being talked to but still not understand. That's babish feeling. I get it :)

BabyJacob98 said:
Oh, I see. Being talked to but still not understand. That's babish feeling. I get it :)

Yeah, it probably could have been any language. The interesting part is that the feeling of being little is still there even now when im fairly proficient in the language (little better than conversational).

Heey, I get this :D
I used to watch all cartoons in english, too! I also traveled a lot when I was a kid, so that weighs in too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back