Status
Not open for further replies.

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I'm wearing my second diaper of the day. I'm finding an odd thing. My first diaper was an ABU Space medium while the second is a Tena Slip Active Maxi small. The Tena SAM is tight and barely gets around my waist. The tapes get only so far. I'm thinking it will pop off at any point. As for the first diaper, The ABU Space was slightly big on me and went a fourth way up my back. I'm so use to wearing smalls that I never thought I would need medium. I'm wanting to get some more diapers, so I have some variant. I'm just not sure what size to get anymore.

unfortunatly ther is no standard size for adult diapers, each manufacture changes the cut of the diaper slighly. I wear a medium in the dry 24/7 but a large in most other brands even thou i am still in the size range of a medium the wings on the mediums are just to short so the tapes are right at the edge when I try to wear them,

order a small and a medium of each diaper you want to test.

unfortunately you can't spot the tapes in the same place just because the size is marked the same. You're going to have to figure out where the tapes go separately for each diaper. Different designs from the same company or of a similar type (bambino bianco/teddy/bellisimo, or abu space/paws/simple for example) may fit the same though.

It sounds like the space diaper was about properly sized. So I'd say as a general rule of thumb you need mediums.

Regardless of manufacturer, all diapers are made to fit like a diaper. They WILL be bigger than your underwear. The top waistband is supposed to extend up to your waist. Do not confuse your waist line (near your belly button), with your hips/belt line (where your underwear extends up to). They are different.

And while the Space diaper may have been just a little tall for you, it definitely sounds like it was a much closer fit for your needs than a small which clearly didn't fit right.

Diaper manufacturers seem to be all over the place with their sizes. I fall into the size range of the mediums of most brands but find medium is to small and taping them up is awkward as the wings are to short to secure properly. Large on the other hand is generally to big feeling and goes midway up my back and above my belly button in the front. I've gotten used to it though and honestly find it way cuter than I did at first. Unfortunately being discreet suffers a bit but if you don't care to much about it you'll get used to it in time. Go with what you know for sure fits.

Diaper taping can be tricky, the best way to handle it is to get it a little snug, but not to snug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back