Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to use baby powder?

Default How to use baby powder?

So I wanna buy a bottle of baby powder to use when diapering. Do I put it in the diaper then wear it? Do I put it on me? How much am I supposed to use? What does it feel like? I'm super excited to try!

You can do both and I think many people do, but be sure to get the corn starch baby powder, not the talcum powder. I'm even sure if they make the talcum powder because they are under a class action lawsuit because talcum acts like asbestos and can cause lung cancer and cervical cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I'm even sure if they make the talcum powder because they are under a class action lawsuit because talcum acts like asbestos and can cause lung cancer and cervical cancer.
    Unless the places around here are still using up stock, talcum powder is still very much available.

As dogboy said, you can powder your diaper area first and then put the diaper on or put the diaper on first and then sprinkle powder inside the diaper.

You do not need to use very much, just enough to coat your diaper area if applied before diapering. Otherwise, I just shake the can once or twice into the diaper.

some powder their butt, some the diaper, and some both I prefer to put it in the diaper then put it on

The only times that talc is bad is if it's used internally, like the insides on women and yeah you don't want to inhale the stuff but all in all it's safe for external use, one of the details on my last job was maintaining there huge data base of the chemicals they used and learned quite a bit about talc, it's a mined ore and can contain trace amounts of asbestos, I found info going back over a decade stating that it should never be used internally because of being a suspected cancer causing substance, it's fine for putting in your shoes but not in a diaper.
    I like the baby powder better then creams as I found some of the creams will cause the glue used in disposable diapers to fail, causing the leg gathers to separate and the inner liner coming lose so when you change you end up with a pile of wet fluff on the floor.

Is it possible to mix baby oil and powder? Cause isn't one for friction and one for keeping skin dry and clean?

I would think that would make a nightmare good mix that would be hard to clean up

one way I found effecting to keep clean in the diaper area is to trim your pubic hairs so they are short but not short enough to make it itch

Generally I only use it on the open diaper on the stretchy elastic back guard (cornstarch nowadays.)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyLink9 View Post
    Is it possible to mix baby oil and powder? Cause isn't one for friction and one for keeping skin dry and clean?
    Trust me unless you want a cheap pubic wax - don't do it - once it dries like cement and you peel it off you will be a smooth as a baby 👶

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusPup View Post
    Trust me unless you want a cheap pubic wax - don't do it - once it dries like cement and you peel it off you will be a smooth as a baby 👶
    Funny I first read that as cheap public wax.

Sounds painful BTW pealing that off.

one day will have to find a pain free easy and cheap way for those results.