What tape to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifetime

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
As everyone knows ABU is having some issues with there tabs coming off the back wings. It seems like the package of Rearz Safari's I just got are kinda having the same problem (same tab supplier maybe?). Not a big deal really since a little extra tape seems to solve the problem.

I'm just curious as to what type of tape do you guys use when you're having issues with tabs not sticking. I just use some clear duct tape but even then that tape usually starts to come off after awhile too. Is there something better?

Use Duct Tape.
That is what is keeping my diaper tapes from coming undone.

I've not tried ABUs but most cloth like adult diapers suffer from tapes pulling off the back sheet. I find a staple in each before putting the diaper on works well. Tape helps with tabs that will not stick well to front of diaper as in cloth like with sticky not Velcro type tabs in making a landing zone across the front. Tape is also useful for plastic diapers where the tapes slip, I tape over both tabs across the front of the diaper. My tape of chose is white duct tape from Ocean State Job Lot, cheep and blends in.

Yes, Duct Tape, the "Red Green" all-purpose fix-it tool.

I use the duct tape with designs on them. ABU Space? Spaceship duct tape. Tykables Pleather. Batman tape. Little Pawz. Paw print tape. I tend to coordinate my tapes to my diapers.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I use duct tape too -- either the Duck or Gorilla brand work really well. There's no way they'd come unstuck!

I would have thought that most branded/quality duct tape would work.

I always have a roll of WHITE duct tape on my diaper drawr.

When I ever have a question of the tapes not holding, I use clear 3m heavy duty packing tape (always holds and is practically invisible).
But, I also have a roll of Hello Kitty duck tape that I will occasionally use.

tiny said:
I use duct tape too -- either the Duck or Gorilla brand work really well. There's no way they'd come unstuck!

I would have thought that most branded/quality duct tape would work.

Gorilla tape is far the best - last time I used it I needed scissors to cut the tape before I could remove the diaper - but standard duct tape works well enough normally

Some people have advised using packing tape, and it's nice to not mess with the look of my diaper, but I find it is really hard on my hands especially overnight. Maybe it'd be better for the daytime. I'm definitely a fan of duct tape. If you don't like the look of grey tape on your white diaper, you can get duct tape in a variety of colors and patterns at most hardware stores, craft stores, and big box stores. They make white duct tape, which works the same as grey, isn't terribly expensive, and looks great on diapers. You can probably also find party, baby, etc other duct patterns that you like even better as tapes.

50ddf356edca64e10f491c9d584aff70.jpg

w221__3.jpg

I also use clear packaging tape. This is simply because it's possible to remove the tape without needing scisors like with duck tape.

My "go to" is actually a diaper specific clear tape that almost feels like electrical tape but sticks better and doesnt stretch. I buy it at ABCanada in Vancouver. They say its an exclusive thing but im determined to find its alt brand counterpart elsewhere beasuse it is amazing. I find ducttape looks like ducttape and packing tape is a nightmare to use. With this stuff all you need is a 5 inch segment spaced evenly over the front and back of the tab and that sucker is goooood.

PyjamaBaby said:
Believe it or not I use hockey tape (shin tape, not stick tape..)

Omg... that might be the exact same stuff im trying to find! Ill go get a roll and giver a go! Thanks pj baby

I generally use packing tape. I have a large roll that I'm using for packing but it has more than one use. It's clear so if I'm careful enough with it I can make it look like it's meant to be there.

I came here to mention hockey sock tape as well. I was using clear duct tape, at like 10 bucks a roll, which worked really well but... I tried a roll of hockey tape, and it's perfect. Good stick, and it disappears just like scotch tape. And cheap. 10 bucks gets you ten rolls at Costco.

IF I have an issue, I find packaging tape works well enough

Confirmed. Just picked up a roll of clear hockey shin/pad/sock tape. This magic stuff must have been made with unruly diapers in mind. Sticky as the devil himself, Went the whole night without a hitch and it is hella' easy to work with. Cheap like borscht. Even at the sports shoppe a big honkin' roll runs only about 4 bucks.

Even bad tape works good if you roll it allllllll around your waist x)
Not too tight, though!!

TyphaHare said:
Even bad tape works good if you roll it allllllll around your waist x)
Not too tight, though!!

I've found that's a bit of a fit problem though because most tapes (packing/duct) don't stretch. Even the "no-stretch" plastic diaper wings have a little give in them, and that all goes away when you run tape all the way around. And of course that completely disables any rear or front corrugation-type waist strech bands in most of the premium diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back