Travelling abroad and how to pack your diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coreyteen19

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm going for 2 weeks vacation on Tenerife this summer how many diapers should I pack I'm talking planning to take ABU SDK v2. X20 Cushies X10 Simple with Husky playtime and Beach Fennec stickers X 15 and 10 Pre schools with pvc. Totalling 55 diapers will this be enough for 2 weeks holiday? How many suitcases will it fill? As I need to specify registered baggage for airline carrier. I know this might be long shot for many of you but for brave abdl's out there who also vacation diapered If You could help that would be awesome. Will it be enough diapers? Is 15 Diapers for the beach sandcastles building enough? How many suitcases to expect and what extra to take with me for this destination? Would've asked Wolter's World youtube channel but too embarrassed. Is Spf 30 enough or should I go with 50 ?

You will need to know the weigh as that's how you will know how many cases you need

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Just some simple math. How many days do you plan to be diapered? How many of those the entire day? Let's just say you wear and use 24/7 the whole time. You can expect to use 4-5 diapers a day. So 4.5 X 14 = 63. As a rule, I plan to have more than I will likely use. So if I was in your place, I'd bring 70-75. Well, I wouldn't bring that many, but I'd plan on using that many. It would be less expensive if you had a case or a half a case delivered to wherever you're going to be staying.

Only take with you what you need till you get there . Have a case shipped to your hotel. Problem solved. You do not want valuable luggage space taken up by diapers for your trinkets you pick up along your journey. That should solve it for you in my opinion.

This is a thread for the man himself, JDinVirginia

luggage space on the return won't be an issue even if you do pick up a lot of keepsakes, unless you intend to take back your used diapers. (unlikely!)

The "ship to hotel" is a good idea, it insures you can send adequate supplies and you can even call them up a few days before your flight to confirm they arrived. Make sure to notify them well in advance and have your package marked heavily so they know what to do with it when it arrives. (they'll store it until you get there) If you call a few days before your flight and they don't have it yet, you know you're going to have to fall back to Plan B and pack diapers, otherwise you know there's crinkly goodness waiting for you when you arrive. :)

It also can save you from the airlines' retarded extra baggage fees etc.

As for how much... as many times as I've traveled I've never felt I brought too many diapers. In most cases I'm having to plan out my last few days and return trip home to make sure I have enough diapers to last. Always take more than you expect, because the unexpected will happen. Diapers will get caught in zippers, you'll need to change unexpectedly a few times like at 3am when you had too much to drink the previous night and are about to leak ;)

Pack the thickest diapers you have for overnight, with a few spares, and pack a good variety for daytime. You may find that diapers you expected would work well for the beach don't for some reason. Too hot, too bulky, not durable enough, etc. If you're not usually super-active at home, you'll find that diapers quickly fall apart when you've been walking around all day, and you'll go through at least double the number you normally do. If you're going to ship a box of diapers out, you might just plain go with huge overkill and then ship back any diapers you don't use. (if it's worth it, or just dispose of them when you leave) Vacation is not the time to be stressing over needing to ration your diapers. If you're counting how many you need and plan to only pack that many, you're already setting yourself up for disaster.

I personally wouldn't pack ANY regular underwear, just to underscore the point that yes, you will be diapered 24/7 all week ;)

Finally, your skin may not appreciate the change in habit, so make sure you pack skin-care products - lotion, powders, AF, desitin, etc, whatever you find works well when your skin gets a little irritated, because the risk will be higher.

Enjoy your vacation! Take lots of pictures!

Usually I only go with thick premium diapers. Three a day, multiply with the number of days and add extra to it. I wear and use diapers 24/7. Add in boosters aka baby diapers but these you can get on the destination. That will have you covered. Or as others said have the diapers shipped to your hotel in advance, just remember to notify your hotel, otherwise you risk they refuse to accept delivery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bambino,
LOL. No I dispose of my used ones in that trash can right by the elevator or in the vending area That would be awful returning with your used ones YUCK
How I get them addressed is like this
xpluswearer (GUEST)
Hilton New York
5th Ave
New York New York

Note some hotels do charge a package handling fee - Four Points Sheraton Revere Massachusetts -Logan Airport does 10 smackeroonies !! OUCH !

You know how many you need a day at home, so just work off that and add a few extra. Sometimes I just wear at night (if it is a beach holiday) so then it is easy. If you plan to wear 24/7 you'll probably want 3 or 4 a day.

I second the suggestion of not bringing any underwear if going 24/7.

If you don't have any already then buy some disposal sacks as well - a tightly rolled adult diaper fits in the baby ones. Then it can go straight in the bin. The maid doesn't want to handle an unwrapped diaper.

Sometimes I email in advance too, just to check there is suitable mattress protection in case you leak (you don't want an expensive bill).

blob said:
You know how many you need a day at home, so just work off that and add a few extra. Sometimes I just wear at night (if it is a beach holiday) so then it is easy. If you plan to wear 24/7 you'll probably want 3 or 4 a day.

I second the suggestion of not bringing any underwear if going 24/7.

If you don't have any already then buy some disposal sacks as well - a tightly rolled adult diaper fits in the baby ones. Then it can go straight in the bin. The maid doesn't want to handle an unwrapped diaper.

Sometimes I email in advance too, just to check there is suitable mattress protection in case you leak (you don't want an expensive bill).
Upon arrival to my destination I will drop my bags in the room and go out and get my supplies I need for the stay and at that time I grab a few extra plastic grocery shopping bags from the end of the checkout stand most dont give a rip if you take a few extra bags. Those bags are used for the used diapers and then I place them in that plastic bag the take out place gives you and tie the bag up in the AM and then toss in that trash can by the elevator or vending area as stated above. Last resort is those plastic guest laundry bags work too. Grab some off the housekeeper cart and go about your day.

xpluswearer said:
Upon arrival to my destination I will drop my bags in the room and go out and get my supplies I need for the stay and at that time I grab a few extra plastic grocery shopping bags from the end of the checkout stand most dont give a rip if you take a few extra bags. Those bags are used for the used diapers and then I place them in that plastic bag the take out place gives you and tie the bag up in the AM and then toss in that trash can by the elevator or vending area as stated above. Last resort is those plastic guest laundry bags work too. Grab some off the housekeeper cart and go about your day.

In a lot of the EU you have to pay for bags in shops now. Those baby diaper disposable bags cost about £1 for 150.

Again the EU I often don't see bins by the lifts or in other public areas. far easier to go straight into the bathroom trash.

blob said:
In a lot of the EU you have to pay for bags in shops now. Those baby diaper disposable bags cost about £1 for 150.

Again the EU I often don't see bins by the lifts or in other public areas. far easier to go straight into the bathroom trash.
How about in the Airports? I have not been to Europe in about 8-9 years and Usually go to Amsterdam Schiphol and Frankfurt-Am Main International Flughaven and London Heathrow I wonder if they charge for plastic shopping bags ? And the Hotels I have stayed at in Europe do have trash cans next to the elevators alongside those ashtrays for smokers. Novotel Frankfurt, Courtyard by Marriott Meese, Crowne Plaza Amsterdam schiphol, Hotel Mecure Schiphol airport. and a few hotels in Sussex Gardens section in London also. Crowne Plaza Istanbul Turkey Ataturk Airport, Hilton Rome Fumininco International Airport. too. Also at Schiphol at end of Pier F there is a disabled bathroom with a large trash can at times that has to be lifted with a small forklift thingy. .

When traveling abroad I always ship any AB stuff via the post. It saves space in my luggage, allowing me to only need 1 bag, and has the added benefit of not having anything unusual in my luggage if I must go through secondary at customs. I just don't want to try to explain a bunch of diapers with prints on them to a customs officer.

you could also have some shipped to where you plan to stay, that can sometimes be easier then having to lug a bunch of bags to the airport.

bambinod said:
luggage space on the return won't be an issue even if you do pick up a lot of keepsakes, unless you intend to take back your used diapers. (unlikely!)

The "ship to hotel" is a good idea, it insures you can send adequate supplies and you can even call them up a few days before your flight to confirm they arrived. Make sure to notify them well in advance and have your package marked heavily so they know what to do with it when it arrives. (they'll store it until you get there) If you call a few days before your flight and they don't have it yet, you know you're going to have to fall back to Plan B and pack diapers, otherwise you know there's crinkly goodness waiting for you when you arrive. :)

It also can save you from the airlines' retarded extra baggage fees etc.

As for how much... as many times as I've traveled I've never felt I brought too many diapers. In most cases I'm having to plan out my last few days and return trip home to make sure I have enough diapers to last. Always take more than you expect, because the unexpected will happen. Diapers will get caught in zippers, you'll need to change unexpectedly a few times like at 3am when you had too much to drink the previous night and are about to leak ;)

Pack the thickest diapers you have for overnight, with a few spares, and pack a good variety for daytime. You may find that diapers you expected would work well for the beach don't for some reason. Too hot, too bulky, not durable enough, etc. If you're not usually super-active at home, you'll find that diapers quickly fall apart when you've been walking around all day, and you'll go through at least double the number you normally do. If you're going to ship a box of diapers out, you might just plain go with huge overkill and then ship back any diapers you don't use. (if it's worth it, or just dispose of them when you leave) Vacation is not the time to be stressing over needing to ration your diapers. If you're counting how many you need and plan to only pack that many, you're already setting yourself up for disaster.

I personally wouldn't pack ANY regular underwear, just to underscore the point that yes, you will be diapered 24/7 all week ;)

Finally, your skin may not appreciate the change in habit, so make sure you pack skin-care products - lotion, powders, AF, desitin, etc, whatever you find works well when your skin gets a little irritated, because the risk will be higher.

Enjoy your vacation! Take lots of pictures!
Thanks for the time you all guys took to help me out, special thanks to Bambinod for such a great idea of shipping them to Hotel which may help a lot. Yes I don't plan on taking used ones back Yuck :) And yes I won't take any undies I promise to be Diapered 24'7 And take a ton of great pics which I will share with u guys. Once again thanks to everyone who tried to help it helped me a lot.

Have fun! Can't wait for holiday pics x)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back