Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I'm curious to what everybody's attention span is whether they are in little space or not, playing, working, chatting to somebody or taking up their hobby.

Personally for me when I'm playing with toys it's around 15-30 minutes, if I'm working depending on what I'm doing it's around 10-30 minutes, if I'm chatting to somebody I'll last around 20-45 minutes before getting bored, and if I'm taking part in a hobby I enjoy it's usually around 30-1 hour before I get bored or want to change what I'm doing, I guess my attention span is short, lol!

- - - Updated - - -

(Edit) please choose a time from each category," like playing with toys 40 minutes to an hour, working 20-40 mins, chatting 1 hour plus," etc

whats this post about?? :p

I have a long attention span, I think because I'm a classical musician. When my back was in better shape, it was not unusual for me to practice for four hours straight. Now, I can only practice for an hour before it aches too much to continue. I'll take a break and then go back and practice for another hour. I can keep anything going for more than an hour I suppose because of my discipline and training.

I chose 1 hour + for every category. I actually am not a big fan of doing things in small bursts. When I begin to do something, as long as it holds my interest, then it's going to at the very least be an hour before I do anything else. Actually in many cases it's even well above an hour. Sometiems I get so distracted and absorbed into what I am doing, I lose track of everything else around me.
Even to the point that I can entirely forget to even eat.

to short to handle the plethora of options presented to me, lol. I say that not as a jab, but as truth about how short my attention span is.

I have ADHD, however when I'm in the right mood, and wired on caffeine, I could focus on shit for days on end, but not usually :p

Downside is I'm not as effective as I want to be. (caffeine for some reason slows down my mind) but speeds up my body.

Binary said:
I have ADHD, however when I'm in the right mood, and wired on caffeine, I could focus on shit for days on end, but not usually :p

Downside is I'm not as effective as I want to be. (caffeine for some reason slows down my mind) but speeds up my body.

So you find that caffeine helps w/ ADD/ADHD as well? I opted to not take ritalin and use coffee instead, as I seemed to be able to manage it well enough.

rice said:
So you find that caffeine helps w/ ADD/ADHD as well? I opted to not take ritalin and use coffee instead, as I seemed to be able to manage it well enough.

Yeah, I find it helps in larger amounts, not healthy though, and probably not recommend, I suppose any stimulants could help, ie methamphetamine, Amphetamine etc.

With alcohol, my body is slow, but my mind isn't, which is weird.

Pretty sure Amphetamines are used in smaller amounts for ADHD medication, don't quote me on that.

(pps, I have aspergers (autism) and ADHD) it's a pain in the bum sometimes.

Binary said:
Yeah, I find it helps in larger amounts, not healthy though, and probably not recommend, I suppose any stimulants could help, ie methamphetamine, Amphetamine etc.

With alcohol, my body is slow, but my mind isn't, which is weird.

Pretty sure Amphetamines are used in smaller amounts for ADHD medication, don't quote me on that.

(pps, I have aspergers (autism) and ADHD) it's a pain in the bum sometimes.

I have suspected I may have Asperger's. I took a few online tests and they supported the possibility, but that's obviously not a professional diagnosis. I don't know how having a professional opinion would really change anything for me, though.

Hi Angelic

what was the question? ho yes attention span.

Not have much of a working membery, mines not to good.

there are time when I really do need a caregiver.

this video might be helpfull

https://youtu.be/5GBMS7WPFSs

ho look that looks like a butter fly.

hee, hee

Last edited:
In general I'd say very short but when I'm in hyperfocus mode my attention span is ridiculously long, like 10+ hours. I have an on/off type personality.

rice said:
I have suspected I may have Asperger's. I took a few online tests and they supported the possibility, but that's obviously not a professional diagnosis. I don't know how having a professional opinion would really change anything for me, though.

It would cement the diagnosis in your medical records so they could then "treat "you for it , and of course then they could annymonize your data and add it to the cumulative data collected that helps them to decide what works best , what sometimes works etc.. your medical records are actually not ghee for your benefit , they are there to learn from and use to make future decisions for people.

It's short. Probably about an hour, then I get bored.

Tetra said:
It would cement the diagnosis in your medical records so they could then "treat "you for it , and of course then they could annymonize your data and add it to the cumulative data collected that helps them to decide what works best , what sometimes works etc.. your medical records are actually not ghee for your benefit , they are there to learn from and use to make future decisions for people.

That's actually part of the concern. I'm not sure I want it "cemented" in my records. Also, I'm not sure that I'd seek any treatment for it, even if it were "officially" diagnosed. If I truly have Asperber's, I'm pretty functional for it. I have my quirks, but I seem to be able to manage them for the most part.

I know many aspie's , including my brother, any human who claims not to have quirks is full of it and living a lie , each of us is unique and that's what makes us interesting and gives us depth as people, there is nothing wrong with being on the spectrum if you are happy that's what's important , formal diagnosis for something potentialy life ending is important , formal diagnosis for something that gives you character and depth is unnecessary, if you were unhappy and wanted to be offered a fix if it existed would be different .

Celebrate your diversity and unique strengths and quirks without the need for tests and labeling , way to much of that going on these days .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Tetra said:
I know many aspie's , including my brother, any human who claims not to have quirks is full of it and living a lie , each of us is unique and that's what makes us interesting and gives us depth as people, there is nothing wrong with being on the spectrum if you are happy that's what's important , formal diagnosis for something potentialy life ending is important , formal diagnosis for something that gives you character and depth is unnecessary, if you were unhappy and wanted to be offered a fix if it existed would be different .

Celebrate your diversity and unique strengths and quirks without the need for tests and labeling , way to much of that going on these days .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

:thumbsup::hug:

Sorry, what was the question again? My thought process got sidetacked!

MotherFaith said:
Sorry, what was the question again? My thought process got sidetacked!

Sorry aboot that!

Hard for me to say. In certain instances, I can really focus and get caught up in some sort of work, or in some sort of video, or anything that really captures my attention if I'm in the right mood. But most of the time, I feel like I have a really short attention span and will get sidetracked by looking up random crap on Wikipedia, and then watching some random Youtube video, and then I'll get distracted and start playing some sort of phone game while watching the video since I don't need to actually look at the person on the screen and I'm just listening to them a good chunk of the time. A good chunk of the time when I'm reading, it'll take me longer since I get distracted by my own thoughts that turn into tangents. So it's hard for me to say. I put 5-10 minutes for everything except for hobbies, where I put 1+ hours as while I have a really short attention span for the most part, I can hyper focus on certain tasks, and it's most likely going to be a hobby that gets me to focus like that.

I have a really poor attention span because i get distracted easily. When i am in little space it gets even shorter and I am baffled by everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back