• If doing a hobby 40 minutes to 1 hour

3 13.64%
  • If doing a hobby, 1 hour plus

14 63.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your attention span?

Default What is your attention span?

I'm curious to what everybody's attention span is whether they are in little space or not, playing, working, chatting to somebody or taking up their hobby.

Personally for me when I'm playing with toys it's around 15-30 minutes, if I'm working depending on what I'm doing it's around 10-30 minutes, if I'm chatting to somebody I'll last around 20-45 minutes before getting bored, and if I'm taking part in a hobby I enjoy it's usually around 30-1 hour before I get bored or want to change what I'm doing, I guess my attention span is short, lol!

- - - Updated - - -

(Edit) please choose a time from each category," like playing with toys 40 minutes to an hour, working 20-40 mins, chatting 1 hour plus," etc

I have a long attention span, I think because I'm a classical musician. When my back was in better shape, it was not unusual for me to practice for four hours straight. Now, I can only practice for an hour before it aches too much to continue. I'll take a break and then go back and practice for another hour. I can keep anything going for more than an hour I suppose because of my discipline and training.

MarchinBunny

I chose 1 hour + for every category. I actually am not a big fan of doing things in small bursts. When I begin to do something, as long as it holds my interest, then it's going to at the very least be an hour before I do anything else. Actually in many cases it's even well above an hour. Sometiems I get so distracted and absorbed into what I am doing, I lose track of everything else around me.
    Even to the point that I can entirely forget to even eat.

to short to handle the plethora of options presented to me, lol. I say that not as a jab, but as truth about how short my attention span is.

I have ADHD, however when I'm in the right mood, and wired on caffeine, I could focus on shit for days on end, but not usually :P

Downside is I'm not as effective as I want to be. (caffeine for some reason slows down my mind) but speeds up my body.

Quote Originally Posted by Binary View Post
    I have ADHD, however when I'm in the right mood, and wired on caffeine, I could focus on shit for days on end, but not usually :P

Downside is I'm not as effective as I want to be. (caffeine for some reason slows down my mind) but speeds up my body.
    So you find that caffeine helps w/ ADD/ADHD as well? I opted to not take ritalin and use coffee instead, as I seemed to be able to manage it well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by rice View Post
    So you find that caffeine helps w/ ADD/ADHD as well? I opted to not take ritalin and use coffee instead, as I seemed to be able to manage it well enough.
    Yeah, I find it helps in larger amounts, not healthy though, and probably not recommend, I suppose any stimulants could help, ie methamphetamine, Amphetamine etc.

With alcohol, my body is slow, but my mind isn't, which is weird.

Pretty sure Amphetamines are used in smaller amounts for ADHD medication, don't quote me on that.

(pps, I have aspergers (autism) and ADHD) it's a pain in the bum sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Binary View Post
    Yeah, I find it helps in larger amounts, not healthy though, and probably not recommend, I suppose any stimulants could help, ie methamphetamine, Amphetamine etc.

With alcohol, my body is slow, but my mind isn't, which is weird.

Pretty sure Amphetamines are used in smaller amounts for ADHD medication, don't quote me on that.

(pps, I have aspergers (autism) and ADHD) it's a pain in the bum sometimes.
    I have suspected I may have Asperger's. I took a few online tests and they supported the possibility, but that's obviously not a professional diagnosis. I don't know how having a professional opinion would really change anything for me, though.

Hi Angelic

what was the question? ho yes attention span.

Not have much of a working membery, mines not to good.

there are time when I really do need a caregiver.

this video might be helpfull

https://youtu.be/5GBMS7WPFSs

ho look that looks like a butter fly.

hee, hee

Last edited by siysiy; 15-Apr-2017 at 08:55.