Thread: cold sores.

Default cold sores.

just as i got bronchitis, i've got fucking cold sores, can't my life get any worse... worse part is it's not one, it's covered in bubbles lol
    Last edited by LittleJess; 12-Apr-2017 at 22:18.

Both bronchitis and cold sores (herpes simplex virus) tend to develop when your immune system is down for the count. You got over a cold recently and from what I gather you're likely rather stressed and malnourished, all of which contribute to lackluster immune function.

The "covered in bubbles description" is unusual though... just to be sure these are cold sores, they are on your lips / face? I ask because I once, as a child, had sores that covered my throat (worst sore throat ever), and it turned out to be a variant of Coxsackie virus (a relative of "Hand Foot and Mouth Disease").

Do you take any vitamins, btw?

if you're snotty, try wiping your face with an anitseptic wipe, regularly. also, and i don't know if it applies to you, if you're drinking from prepackaged containers, or any other kind of container which is likely to have been handled by others and/or stored in dusty conditions, it's a good idea to clean and sterilize the contacts points before use. i use scalding water from the kettle on any cans of drinks before placing them to my lips (too many times i've caught a cold sore from a can, but never, once sterilized).

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    if you're snotty, try wiping your face with an anitseptic wipe, regularly. also, and i don't know if it applies to you, if you're drinking from prepackaged containers, or any other kind of container which is likely to have been handled by others and/or stored in dusty conditions, it's a good idea to clean and sterilize the contacts points before use. i use scalding water from the kettle on any cans of drinks before placing them to my lips (too many times i've caught a cold sore from a can, but never, once sterilized).
    Quoting from http://www.herpes.org/herpes-simplex-infections/: "The herpes virus does not survive outside the body for more than about 10 seconds, and although it can survive for slightly longer in warm, damp conditions, it dies very quickly once exposed to the air."

Once you've caught HSV1, it is a lifelong infection that resurfaces whenever your immune system is off its game (such as during or following a cold, hence the name "cold sores"). To my knowledge, HSV1 is not something that is caught repeatedly per se, but rather just pulls an annoying hide-and-seek routine in the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphyre View Post
    Quoting from http://www.herpes.org/herpes-simplex-infections/: "The herpes virus does not survive outside the body for more than about 10 seconds, and although it can survive for slightly longer in warm, damp conditions, it dies very quickly once exposed to the air."

Once you've caught HSV1, it is a lifelong infection that resurfaces whenever your immune system is off its game (such as during or following a cold, hence the name "cold sores"). To my knowledge, HSV1 is not something that is caught repeatedly per se, but rather just pulls an annoying hide-and-seek routine in the body.
    This, it's a pain in the arse, It just flares up at the worst possible times ever xD, though it can give off the illusion a specific thing gave it to you, but in reality it just activates at the worst possible times.

Most people have it, but for some it never activates