4 Tape or 2 Tape Diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer the two tapes simply because in my brain, that's what true baby diapers look like. And since the tapes are larger to accommodate a larger diaper, they hold just fine. I have some four tapes due to arrive today, only because ABU was out of the good stuff again.

I like 4 tapes cause the 2 tapes don't fit right they are always to loose and not snug

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I can understand some people needing extra tapeage. Fortunately my frame is pretty skinny.

No way 2 tapes work good. Either you get a snug fit around your waist so they don't fall down, OR you get a snug fit around the legs so it doesn't leak a whole lot. Getting both is a literal impossibility with a 2 tape diaper.

4 tapes tend to work good enough, both top and bottom- well assuming you have upper and lower tapes, not upper and middle tapes anyways. (Stupid tape landing zone limitations don't work either).

Now it's been a long while since anyone has made a good diaper with 6 tapes. However, back before depends and attends sucked they both used 6 tapes. The added tapes in the middle provided for a much more snug fit, and prevented diaper sag really well. This would probably be the best from a functional viewpoint, but if only someone offered them.

I've never tried two tapes but I prefer four to give a better fit.

Attends w/ waistband have six tapes, and they're pretty much all I use now. Four tapes never seemed to fit as snug. I can't imagine two tapes!

inconsurferdude said:
Attends w/ waistband have six tapes, and they're pretty much all I use now. Four tapes never seemed to fit as snug. I can't imagine two tapes!

if the attend with waistband is working for you, you might want to try the plastic depends again as they are significantly less noisy under clothes

Tommycombs said:
I can understand some people needing extra tapeage. Fortunately my frame is pretty skinny.

Yeah... I dunno why folks are recommending 2 tapes for 'baby shapes'! LOL

I don't wear actively (mostly to bed and sitting about) but I certainly do wet sufficiently. ^///^

I'm skinny, waist narrower than hips (but a only a bit cause I'm a guy), no belly at all, reasonably toned glutes. Haven't seen a significant different between 2 and 4 tapes on the leakage front...

I prefer Space and LittlePawz, because I quite like babyish diapers, but as an incontinent person, I also need a diaper which is functional, and two-tape diapers are less functional on adults than four-tape diapers are, because of adult body shape.

The thing I like about the two tapes, aside from what I said earlier, is that they are larger in proportion to the four tapes. Heck, those things are probably a good 3 inches wide. And when the adhesive is strong enough it isn't an issue. If and when I get tapes popping I either slap down some clear packing tape across the front and/or slip a pair of plastic pants over it to keep it in place.

I am convinced having 2, 4 or 6 tab diapers is only half the fit battle with diaper shape being the other half.

Since people's bodies are shaped differently (not just based on weight) not all diapers are going to fit all people the same way.

rennecfox said:
if the attend with waistband is working for you, you might want to try the plastic depends again as they are significantly less noisy under clothes

thanks, good to know! are these a new thing? i've tried depends a few times in the past for overnight, but I think those were four tapes each?

It kinda all depends on your bodytype and how you prefer your diapers to fit. I go back and forth between 2 and 4 tape diapers all the time, but I find that 4 tape diapers fit better.

I like the idea of 2 tape diapers. But it seems for me atleast, 4 tapes fit better. The abu preschools I've tried fit really well. While the cushie's I've used have some issues. I did get a pair from that bad batch tho that Abu is currently trying to clear. So that could be a reason why I didn't like the cushie's very much. Maybe I should try them again.

I wear pampers because they actually fit me and I like the style with the two tapes because they make me feel more like a toddler. Pampers Baby-Dry size 6+ fit me nice but only because I have a small butt but a podgy tummy.

damn I wish I could fit in to a kids diaper, but for my self when I use the plastic depends that have 6 tapes I some times only use 2 preside, but they have some quality variance so some lot numbers of the depends have tapes that won't take the stress of just using 2 per side. but I like having some flexibility on how I wear it, some 2 tape preside diapers may have the bottom and top tapes to far apart and don't fit me correctly unless on mod them.

For me having a fit and look as close to a kids diaper as possible is my goal, I find it to be more comfortable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back