What if everyone wore diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
This is a thought I've had before, and has been shared here before albeit four years ago. I figured it would be okay to bring it up as a point of discussion as the site has grown a bit since then.

The question for you before I give my thoughts on it is: "What if everyone in the world wore diapers? What if continence was impossible in humans and diapers were the only way of keeping a roughly sanitary private society?"

Here are my thoughts on the matter. Since people would be placed in diapers since birth, this means that discovering a potential sexual gratification from the use of diapers would be nearly non-existent, there would be an offshoot of people who do but it would be a minute fraction of those who exist currently. However, I believe the amount of people to achieve relaxation out of roleplaying as a baby would jump significantly, perhaps even to the point of being normalized, this would be an increase in choice of babyish printed adult diapers for use by the public.

Speaking of public, I don't think that wearing your diaper freely in public would be a thing, as it would be considered the equivalent of underwear, but "your diaper is showing" wouldn't be a phrase either as it would be normal for a high-waist diaper to appear out from under clothing. Swim diapers would obviously be the norm at the beach and pools, there would likely be a mix of pull-up and tape style versions of these as everyone would be fecal incontinent as well, and there would likely be marine-themed prints available for them for the aesthetic of being by the water. Hmm... perhaps a hot summers day.

How do you think a world of incontinent people would pan out?

Plumbers would be broke and Kimberly clark would be even richer, Public assembly would stink literally. Powder would probably have more scent choices Illegal drugs would be a dirtier business. Sex would be alot messier. Sitcoms would have more bad diaper jokes.

I think ABs would fixate on other aspects of babyhood, since everyone, baby or not, would already be wearing diapers.

Lots of diaper stores offering many, many different styles, materials and absorbencies in disposables or cloth.
Fancy high end designer diaper shops, regular "intermediate" diaper shops then budget and discount shops with lame diapers.
There would also be lots more to choose from in the "changing supplies" section(creams, powders, oils, medications, etc.) and also lots of different boosters too.

Clothing companies would have "bulk friendly", "diaper accommodating" or "Stealthy" clothes to help make changing easier, show off more or help hide the bulk if that's your preference.

Commercial fabric companies would produce more "stain resistant" or "hydrophobic" materials for use everywhere(Movie theater seats, car seats, anything you sit or lay on/wear, Etc.)

Bathrooms would be a little more advanced, maybe, to help accommodate people needing a change. Vending machines for diapers and supplies would probably happen too.

There would also need to be a way to dispose of all the worlds diapers, can't just landfill all of them can you?
Dump them in the ocean? That would be really bad.
Incineration is an option, but I's assume that's pretty not good for the atmosphere.

And what about the homeless, are there homeless? is this some sort of "Ideal world" where there are no homeless?
I'd feel really bad for homeless if continence was nonexistent, they couldn't afford diapers I'd think.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I forgot all the amazing diaper bag choices and the way you carry and commute with all your changing supplies.
Fancier backpacks, satchels, bags and slings for either showing off or staying "incognito" with better internal organizations too.

I have thought about this as well, it would take the stigma away and would be convenient for people but the thing is though the smells would be disgusting. Everywhere you go, the smell of urine or fecal matter. The land fills would be twice as bad as diapers don't biodegrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need is the mother of invention.

I would expect that if everyone needed diapers, we probably would have by now a bio-degradable diaper.

I would also suspect that we either would be used to the smell and not be bothered by it or the perfume companies would be the Amazon.com's of this new world.

BabyDenise said:
Need is the mother of invention...

I would also suspect that we either would be used to the smell and not be bothered by it or the perfume companies would be the Amazon.com's of this new world.

And maybe just make much better preforming diapers, with enhanced odor reduction technology too maybe.

Omg the fashion industry would be awesome (diaper showcases!), and the advertisements would be like beer commercials, except with bottles :) lol... And all of the old people wouldn't have to feel embarrassed or helpless about getting older...
Ooh! And the diaper advertisements we have now wouldn't make you feel so alienated or weird.

I love my muses

Would make for an interesting premise for a fic set hundreds of years into the future.

I'd be interested in such an idea :eek: But then, that's a looooooot of diaper rash!!! x~x

I think diapers could be more of a sexual thing, think about how underwear can be seen as a sexual object now. Also designer diapers would be a thin think brands such as Victoria's secrets or Calvin Klein but with diapers.

aNerdyAnorak said:
I think diapers could be more of a sexual thing, think about how underwear can be seen as a sexual object now. Also designer diapers would be a thin think brands such as Victoria's secrets or Calvin Klein but with diapers.

Actually I think if adult diapers were accepted as much as underwear the "Victoria's Secret" diapers might be thicker and more worn to be seen :lol

I would have a secret fetish for regular underwear.

dogboy said:
I would have a secret fetish for regular underwear.

LOL, I know right?

I think since for me diapers are a sign of babyness, and in such a world they no longer would be, that I'd have little attraction or interest in diapers at all.

I'd probably be even more into pacifiers, and maybe things like baby bonnets...

I feel like everyone talks about smell being such an issue, but I feel making everything smell nice would now be a big focus. Diapers that destroy or minimize smell would be a big standard. You'd see commercials about it and stuff. Like how trash bags are all about trapping oders.

One thing I have thought about is how changing yourself would be the new potty training. What do people feel the appropriate age for changing oneself would be? 2, 3, 4 or 5? Would this world have changing nurses at schools to help kids that are not able to do it themselves yet? I like the diaper vending machine and designer diaper thoughts as well.

other than this being awesome! i think the world would st:rolleyes:ink!

Everybody is talking about smells, but I would think if everyone was wearing diapers everyone would be used to the smell and wouldn't notice it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone would invent a pill to make poop smell like peppermint. So everyone could tell that you did a poop in your diaper.

Interesting and fun topic!

Nappies would be considerably more advanced and available not only in a bewildering variety of styles and versions as mentioned above, but most would be available in gender-optimised versions. There would probably still be the cloth/disposable dilemma! There would be no discontinuity between baby nappies and adult - a continuous range would be available from baby to child to teen to adult. You would be able to get custom disposables made just to fit you, with absorbency/thickness tradeoffs and other parameters selectable when ordering. There would by now be much more emphasis on minimising waste from disposables - a re-usable plastic pant system with fully biodegradable disposable inserts might have been evolved to compare in performance with all-in-ones. This is already available for little ones with hybrid products like Gdiapers; an adult version might be flushable down special toilets or fixtures such as macerators that can safely dispose of bulkier nappies into the drainage system. Since part of the reason for developing drains and sewers was to remove body waste from urban areas, they might have been made more substantial to deal with disposable nappies as standard.

But nappies are only one way of collecting body waste. Leg bags, catheters etc might be popular for urine, along with collector pouches like ostomy bags for solids, so a popular topic of debate would be which method is best for which activity etc. Nappies would be best for sports and energetic lifestyles where a bag would be too easily disturbed, while the bag might be easier for long hours sat at a desk. There would be something like toilets, maybe more like slop sinks or gullies, where you could empty your leg bag or dispose of the contents of your pouch. As these accessories would be highly developed due to the large market, they would likely be very slick and convenient and not involve undressing, so the emptying stations would not need to offer as much privacy as nappy-change stations. You would simply walk up to it, open a discreet flap in your clothes and empty the bag/pouch/whatever.

Many seats and chairs might be commodes - a lady taking a seat at her desk would simply hitch up her skirt and sit bare-bottomed on the pot within. Perhaps they could be plumbed in, i.e. all seats would be made into toilets where possible. Or maybe she would simply plug her body-worn urine tube into the special connection at the desk to allow her to pass water straight down the drain without undressing. Then when going for lunch she could switch over to the leg bag, or let it go into her nappy if she was wearing one. If she had a full pouch after lunch, she could empty that into her flushable-desk-potty-seat.

In any case things would be so much more complicated to achieve the state of comfort, convenience and hygiene we are used to in social situations, that there would be lots of competing options and it would be a fascinating area to be involved with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back