What if everyone wore diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds too complicated. I'll just pee and poop in my diaper.

MotherFaith said:
One thing I have thought about is how changing yourself would be the new potty training. What do people feel the appropriate age for changing oneself would be? 2, 3, 4 or 5? Would this world have changing nurses at schools to help kids that are not able to do it themselves yet? I like the diaper vending machine and designer diaper thoughts as well.

To answer this, we will have to look at a minority reality. Think of a child who is incontinent for an arbitrary reason but is otherwise considered equal in all other aspects life, s/he goes to school and excels, rides a bike, plays outside, and does all other things without inhibition with the only quirk being the diaper strap around the waist. In this situation, I would believe that the parent would be changing the diaper up until the point that the child fully understands that skimping out on the cleanliness of a diaper change is really bad for their skin. I would imagine that a 8-year-old fitting this description may be entrusted to change their own diaper on occasion but their energy may lead them to be too excited to change their diaper properly or too focused on something to care about the state of their diaper, resulting in parental intervention for changing. A good example of this would be a video game that they're really into, could play for a whole day and not get bored. They would likely be aware of the state of their diaper but not care enough to change because of the game.

In a world where everyone is incontinent, there would likely be classes on how to change a diaper and change your own, and it would likely be good manners to ask to go change whenever you notice it, and being aware of the state and not changing could be frowned upon by everyone in the class or laughed at. Consider this similar to the difference between asking to go to the bathroom and wetting your pants for all to see. Perhaps students would be taught how to test the state of their diaper as changing on the first wetting would be a waste of product and time, but still messing would be a change-right-away kind of thing. The changing nurses may exist, but it could become the job of a teacher or assistant in the room. I can imagine it being easier to manage with someone in the room to deal with changing a diaper whenever the need occurs as opposed to a person paid to change diapers all day. Imagine in larger schools where there would be a line to get your diaper changed. Think of a constant line of 10 students in the hall waiting. If we were used to that kind of smell on the individual scale, I think it would overpower some people on the group scale.

It also isn't too far fetched to say that changing your own diaper would be a privilege that can be taken away as collateral for students who continually disrupt. This form of punishment in the higher grade could be seen as the ultimate form of embarrassment for the student as it would strip them of their individual autonomy to change their own. Although I can see it also being taken away for those who overreact to the state of their diaper as a way to get out of class.

All in all, an incontinent world would be one where kids would be expected to change their own diaper 90% of the time between 12 and 14, where intervention by others. Perhaps parents as a bonding time, or for other reasons.

Diapers would be more environmental friendly, and there would probably even be recycling programs for their disposal too.

Diapers would be made for performance much better than they are now. And like others have said would likely counter poop smells too.

Diapers would also have their own designer lines and might even be intended to be worn openly/exposed (like at the beach or pool/diaper parties).

Plumbers would not be broke, though there would likely be fewer of them (you still take a shower & wash dishes right?)

There would be a LOT more people into sexual diapers (ie. diaper fetish). This is because with everyone having them on at the time of sexual discovery, the two would be primed to go hand in hand (or no hand) a lot more.

Diapers, and voiding in general, would be an open and mainstream topic.

And best of all, our species would be dead or near extinct. This is because diapers trap heat in the testicles. However, they need to be kept somewhat cool in order for sperm to properly develop and everyone to have children- in a large enough quantity. Everyone always diapered would mean a LOT less kids. Except maybe Darwinian evolution could take over and those few that produce offspring would evolve to where "hot balls" wouldn't be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back