Looking for an RTS with base building

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also a whole bunch of civilization games too.

Ive been playing a whole lot of Factorio latley.
I also play 7 days to die.
Both you are making a base, defending against aliens or undead. Both multiplayer.

Stormtrooper said:
Age of Empires 2 is always pretty good. It does have base building, but it's probably not as complex as in other games. It's still a good time, though.

Never liked AoE, I know most people adore this game, think it was last year it was brought back as HD Edition on Steam and all the people on the Teamspeak 'Wanna play AoE?' - 'No, I don't like it sorry' - 'Whaaaaaat, are you kidding us, best game ever'

Slomo said:
There's also a whole bunch of civilization games too.

The reason I am looking for an RTS is because I am really really bad at turn based games, I think the only one I had fun with was Desciples 2 (I have Desciples 3 too, but I get my butt handed to me everytime), many people recommend the UFO games and I know they're good - It's just not my thing.

In turn based games I have so much bad luck it's rediculous, missing shots way more often than you would expect, I have the same problem with Trading Card Games...you could teach me how to play with a world champions deck and can let me play against a newbie and I would loose most of the time because I draw cards that would not help me at all.

I know it sounds pretty lame sorry :(

MickeyM said:
Ive been playing a whole lot of Factorio latley.
I also play 7 days to die.
Both you are making a base, defending against aliens or undead. Both multiplayer.

Factorio was the reason I am looking for an RTS now, started playing it a few weeks ago and now try to do all the Steam achievements for it....'Lazy Bastard'...is way more work for the player than you would expect, took me 35h to complete.
The only problem with Factorio -at least for me- is the re-play-value, I think to start all over again is not as cool as the first time you play it, and once you have researched everything and build a well defended base you have nothing to do really.

Thank you very much for your recommentations everyone.

i'm a bit late, but you might wanna check out stronghold crusader. it's an old game but it's really fun and simple to play once you learn how it works. basically you just build castles and fight other kings while managing resources. really fun and simple game. it also has a sequel if you want something with better graphics

Alexia said:
i'm a bit late, but you might wanna check out stronghold crusader. it's an old game but it's really fun and simple to play once you learn how it works. basically you just build castles and fight other kings while managing resources. really fun and simple game. it also has a sequel if you want something with better graphics

Only played the standard Stronghold, not to keen playing this again...gosh, seems that there are no games for me at the moment^^

Don't know how you feel about deep 4X strategy games but look into Sins of a Solar Empire.

SnowBlitz said:
Don't know how you feel about deep 4X strategy games but look into Sins of a Solar Empire.

I bought it when it was released in the EU and played it only for a couple of hours :(

I really appreciate all of your suggestions guys and I feel bad to say no to everything, seems the game I am looking for doesn't exist.

Sincerely,
Sabu

I had an OMG this is amazing moment with Total War: Warhammer.

There is slight base building, more city management.

the game is not the same base building as classics like warcraft 3 and C &C though..

The Homeworld remastered series is very enjoyable, its a little bit like sins of a solar empire, only you start with one mother ship, and have to manage limited resources throughout the entire story campaign. each ship loss hurts!

These are some of my favorite Steam base builder/RTS games:

King Arthur

Homeworld

Lords of Magic

Lords of the realm 2

Rimworld

Civilization Series

Starcraft II

TOTAL WAR: WARHAMMER

Dawn of war series (Have not played the third)

XCOM 2

Zeus+Poseidon

Sorry If I am repeating any suggestions here.

A few older games I liked or still play once in a while:
-Warlords Battlecry 3
-WarBreeds -You'll collect DNA from fallen enemies to get new weapons based on which DNA it's from
-Earth 2150: The Moon Project -already mentioned somewhere in this thread^^
-Cossacks: European Wars -haven't played Cossacks II tho
-World in Conflict -Came out way before Wargame: European Escalation, was quite fun playing together with a friend

Oh god yes. Factorio is an awsome game.

SabuInu said:
Hello everyone,

I would like to know if there are any good real-time strategy games with base building out there which are fun to play, maybe with a friend.

Games I enjoyed so far are the Command & Conquer games and a few others like Rise of Nations and Warcraft 3.

I tried Dawn of War, Anno 2070, Starcraft and some older games but they didn't really float my boat...think I played Anno for only two hours or so.

Do you know any good ones maybe released in 2016 or recently which are worth looking at?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Sincerely,
Sabu

Warcraft 3 was one of the best RTS ever created!

Wittle said:
Warcraft 3 was one of the best RTS ever created!

Definetivly!

if you liked warcraft 3, you may also like the 1st set of Dawn of War games.

Dawn of war: dark crusade

Dawn of war: soulstorm

MommyandMattling said:
if you liked warcraft 3, you may also like the 1st set of Dawn of War games.

Dawn of war: dark crusade

Dawn of war: soulstorm

Sorry for being late on your answer, I installed Dawn of War: Retribution (I know it's not the same^^) a while ago, but haven't played it.....stupid Final Fantasy XIV Addon and Headstart :sweatdrop:

Watched some Red Alert 2 Videos on Youtube, was more fun watching then playing myself^^

unfortunately, DoW 2 (including retribution and chaos rising) are more squad command then base building

They are great games, my favorite being DoW 2 and DoW 2: Chaos rising, BUT

the traditional DoW 1 games are base building more in line with warcraft 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back