Thread: Church bombing in Egypt...

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaSonic View Post
    ...and no outcry.
    No outcry?! What gives you that impression? Have you seen the news reports? It's being universally condemned and the Egyptian government announced three days of national mourning. Doesn't that count as an "outcry"? :-/

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    No outcry?! What gives you that impression? Have you seen the news reports? It's being universally condemned and the Egyptian government announced three days of national mourning. Doesn't that count as an "outcry"? :-/
    Why isn't it brought up by people wow following?
    Have donation drives been run?

Why isn't it brought up by people wow following?
    Sorry; by whom? I don't think anyone is deliberately withholding the kind of outcry that has been issued for the other recent terrorist attacks.

Have donation drives been run?
    I don't know, but I don't think money is really the issue. Were there donation drives for the families of people killed in London or France or Stockholm?

Meh, its only a church. World wide, religion itself is bcomming, or already is, the minority. If enough people don't care about something, then nobody else will report on it very much either.

This was an attack on Egypt and her people by ISIS, why hasn't Egypt responded to this act of war by attacking ISIS?

Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    Meh, its only a church. World wide, religion itself is bcomming, or already is, the minority. If enough people don't care about something, then nobody else will report on it very much either.
    Only a church?! It wasn't "only a church"; it was over forty innocent people being killed!!!

I'm as atheist as they come, but I don't see Christians as somehow less important just because they're in a minority. They're human beings just like all of us. I'm shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by ORBaby View Post
    This was an attack on Egypt and her people by ISIS, why hasn't Egypt responded to this act of war by attacking ISIS?
    It's not that simple. ISIS is a terrorist organisation; not a country. More than that, as is becoming apparent with some of the recent terrorist atrocities, it's often nothing more than an abstract ideology.

The Westminster terrorist had been radicalised into believing a particular form of religion. He claimed that his attack was on behalf of ISIS. ISIS claimed credit for it. But they'd never even heard of him.

ISIS are believed to be active in EIGHTEEN countries. Who do you attack? How? How can you justify your actions in a court of international law?

Almost all of ISIS's leaders come from Saddam Hussein's Iraqi military. They formed ISIS in response to American (and allied) war crimes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islami...and_the_Levant

I don't know what the answer is, but going in "all guns blazing", "shoot first, ask questions later" style hasn't exactly worked out for the best in the past.

I agree that an equal amount of news coverage has covered the Egyptian attacks as had been covered elsewhere. Murder is always horrible and unacceptable regardless of where and to whom. The solutions to ending terrorism are complicated just as the conditions that create terrorism. Imagine all the children growing up in the middle of war and carnage. Is anyone surprised that some of them will become violent? I can't imagine what it is like to be a child living in Syria.