Being Changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

nappiesatnight

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Lots of stuff going on about abuse these days made me think about how my bedwetting was handled when I went on activiies holidays when I was younger. My mum was pretty practical about all of this stuff. Most of the holidays I went on had a form you had to fill in. There was always a bedwetting box to tick. What this meant was that I had a dorm with other bedwetters. The first time I went there was still quite a lot of bullying and all of my supplies got stolen (probably hidden somewhere)... the second night I wet and my group leader asked me about it. I explained what had happened. That evening I remember her coming to the dorm with the other group leader to "get me sorted out" we went to the group leaders room ... she told me "these were all we could find" and showed me the nappies they had got. I must have looked unsure or something because she asked me if I wanted a hand... there were always two of them there but the next three nights I was basically put in a nappy. I was 8/9 at the time. I assumed it was normal and that they must have spoken to my mum about it. It did feel a bit weird.. but it was the late 80's and I didn't think any more about it. Was this 'abuse'? Anyone else have similar?

It doesn't sound like abuse, I am a bit confused... you were use to using diapers? or this was the first time? People were stealing what exactly? The way you make it sound it sounds like they took diapers but if that isn't the case what was it they stole? Also if you were in a dorm with other bedwetters why were they teasing you and taking your stuff?

In my youth i was a diapered bedwetter and as mymother was a nurse uop until she has the 3rd of 6 childrn, she worked the over night shift at a local hosptal. Bedwetting was handled practically with cloth diapers and plastic pants. She diapered us for prctical resons and no teasing was tolerated. You could say we were a prctical,progessive family in that reguard.. She diapered us until we could handle it ourselves usually aroun 8 to 10 years of age. She handled it much like we were sed the personal patients on he ward in the hospital. eally an extention of my toddler years.Sha had great patience withus and only became upsst with the occational bowel accident. understandable. i will admit to rather liking the personal attention in my youth, really an extention of my toddler years. At 9 i became porficient at taking charge of my own diaper changes and missed the personal attention. I became dry in my early teens. it wasn't until much latter that bowel issues apeared after a surgery. The did miss the personal attention of the changing transition back to diapers was probably easier for me because of all the time I spent diapered in my youth. no mistake, it was still difficult to except as an adult. But i did miss the personal attention from my youth. After long hospitalization for an

a continued posst- After a long hospitaizationfor a for a pretesting prior to the bowel resection (removal of 1' of descending colon for a concentration of diverticulitis) I unfortunately developed kidney problems and was moved to icu and place in a medically induced coma. Resporated ane imobilized for a week. I was diapered and in a state of limbo. I aawoke on the surgical ward. Still diapered and too weak to even feed myself. The nurse working the shift dutifuuly was feeding me as I was very weak after a week of immobilization. After feeding me she jokingly said I was just like her little one at home. Give them a full tummy and they just wanted to sleep and fill their pants which i proceeded to do. I was awkened as a team of nurses were changing my diaper. I was awake and partialy aware. It was so nice having somebody else attending to my needs. I was overwelmed by their tenderness and compassion.i had been fed and proceeded to load my diaper as I fell back into a drug induced sleep as I filled my diaper. Still weak to complain, i let them change me without a word of complaint. I will admit that it was bliss. i felt like putting my thumb in my mouth. I felt like I was back in my youth having mom changing me. Not an atipical reaction I'm sure. Would I succumb to such attention today? Probably. it was innocent at it's best. These days, 20 plus years latter, , I change my own diapers and only wish for those days.I hate changing myself and would welcome the help.

jack3295 said:
a continued posst- After a long hospitaizationfor a for a pretesting prior to the bowel resection (removal of 1' of descending colon for a concentration of diverticulitis) I unfortunately developed kidney problems and was moved to icu and place in a medically induced coma. Resporated ane imobilized for a week. I was diapered and in a state of limbo. I aawoke on the surgical ward. Still diapered and too weak to even feed myself. The nurse working the shift dutifuuly was feeding me as I was very weak after a week of immobilization. After feeding me she jokingly said I was just like her little one at home. Give them a full tummy and they just wanted to sleep and fill their pants which i proceeded to do. I was awkened as a team of nurses were changing my diaper. I was awake and partialy aware. It was so nice having somebody else attending to my needs. I was overwelmed by their tenderness and compassion.i had been fed and proceeded to load my diaper as I fell back into a drug induced sleep as I filled my diaper. Still weak to complain, i let them change me without a word of complaint. I will admit that it was bliss. i felt like putting my thumb in my mouth. I felt like I was back in my youth having mom changing me. Not an atipical reaction I'm sure. Would I succumb to such attention today? Probably. it was innocent at it's best. These days, 20 plus years latter, , I change my own diapers and only wish for those days.I hate changing myself and would welcome the help.

I'd help you out and give you a change if I could. I know you get tired of it.

rennecfox said:
It doesn't sound like abuse, I am a bit confused... you were use to using diapers? or this was the first time? People were stealing what exactly? The way you make it sound it sounds like they took diapers but if that isn't the case what was it they stole? Also if you were in a dorm with other bedwetters why were they teasing you and taking your stuff?

Sorry to be confusing... so it was the first time I had nappies, prior to this I was using pull ups... my pull ups were taken (i think) by the other kids... the bedwetting dorm was right next to all the other ones. Does that make more sense?

nappiesatnight said:
Sorry to be confusing... so it was the first time I had nappies, prior to this I was using pull ups... my pull ups were taken (i think) by the other kids... the bedwetting dorm was right next to all the other ones. Does that make more sense?

Yes, thank you, this makes more sense, I stand by my statement it sounds to me like they were just being professionals and helping you with your bedwetting problem.

An example of abuse I can think of from my younger years was I used to be in special ed as a child because I was diagnosed with ADHD, sat next to a kid with moderately severe autism I believe. They occasionally would tie him to his chair and tape his mouth shut.

rennecfox said:
Yes, thank you, this makes more sense, I stand by my statement it sounds to me like they were just being professionals and helping you with your bedwetting problem.

An example of abuse I can think of from my younger years was I used to be in special ed as a child because I was diagnosed with ADHD, sat next to a kid with moderately severe autism I believe. They occasionally would tie him to his chair and tape his mouth shut.
They did what the boink?! How about I shove that tape. . .?!

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
They did what the boink?! How about I shove that tape. . .?!
Yeah looking back if I remembered names I could have landed some people probably in jail.

rennecfox said:

Whoa, that's crazy screwed up.

We had a teacher at one of the local schools, duct tape a student to his chair. She was immediately fired. It made our newspaper.

Last year a mother went out and the father duct taped the kids to the wall, that was stupid, what he did next was ignorant taking pictures and posting them on his Facebook account , needless to say those kids are safe in foster care the dad is in prison and God knows what the mother is doing , I think she will always regret those games of bingo because the true cost was to the kids.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I am obviously not a kid ,But never have I ever been in the hospital and had any trouble with being changed , the nurses are always happy to do it ,I tell them it would be fine if I was elderly but they shouldn't have to do this for a young guy , to which they always say "I signed up for this , I new changing diapers was part of the job " I always feel guilty when I am sick of needing extra help, I am too young too be a burden and too old to not think I am .

rice said:
Whoa, that's crazy screwed up.

there were actually a couple of rambunctious high energy kids who got tied to their chairs. But he was the only one who ever got his mouth taped shut that I recall. I had an early realization in 1st grade that their were still kids in diapers. The Crazy thing was back then physical and mental handicapped children were lumped into classes like they were some kind of leapers.

Say what you want about this one , I would have less of a problem with a kid tied to a chair then I do with this big pharma drug them up approach , I do not trust big pharma as far as I can throw them (and that ain't far considering I cant throw a tennis ball for my dog , most people don't think of a tennis ball as difficult ,for me it might as well be a cannon ball)

rennecfox said:
Yes, thank you, this makes more sense, I stand by my statement it sounds to me like they were just being professionals and helping you with your bedwetting prob

Wow, that does sound like abuse. I think my question has been answered. I think it just really strange at the time having some people see me naked etc... and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't happen like that now...but i think that they were just trying to help. Cheers n@n

I get my diaper put on me with plastic pants at bedtime and get tucked in. It's wonderful.
She does not change my wet or messy diapers though. Happy for what I have.

nappiesatnight said:
Wow, that does sound like abuse. I think my question has been answered. I think it just really strange at the time having some people see me naked etc... and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't happen like that now...but i think that they were just trying to help. Cheers n@n

People in childcare sometimes have to deal with diaper changing. Generally now though unless the parents explicitly state otherwise they will use pullups and let older children put them on themselves.

rennecfox said:
People in childcare sometimes have to deal with diaper changing. Generally now though unless the parents explicitly state otherwise they will use pullups and let older children put them on themselves.

I didn't really get to do it myself, I think that's probably why it seems strange looking back on it. Also because the group leaders were only 18/19 themselves.. none of it seemed very "formal"

nappiesatnight said:
I didn't really get to do it myself, I think that's probably why it seems strange looking back on it. Also because the group leaders were only 18/19 themselves.. none of it seemed very "formal"

I think that they were well trained in dealing with bed wetting issues. The reason I say this is because, they had some supplies, even though they were diapers, and that they always had two of them there when putting you into a diaper. From your account of how things happened, it appears they may have been following the rules of the camp. Two counselors always present to help with getting someone ready for bed. They kept it private from other kids but kept each other accountable for the well being of you while you were there. It will always feel strange to have someone that you really don't know see you naked, but when they are processional about it and truly helping then it makes it much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back