Any stores that sell plastic backed adult diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwis

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Sorry if this is a question that was asked before, but does anyone know if there are any stores that you can walk into and buy plastic backed adult diapers? I'm currently not in a position to purchase online which I hope to clear up very soon, but in the meantime if anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful.

Country , state rough town area ?

There was a post about Depends with tabs was returning to plastic backed, but they may not be in all retail stores yet. So any Target, CVS, Wallgreens, or supermarket will be getting them.

Reactions: axoaxo
parcelboy2 said:
Country , state rough town area ?

Wi. USA

- - - Updated - - -

LittleICme said:
There was a post about Depends with tabs was returning to plastic backed, but they may not be in all retail stores yet. So any Target, CVS, Wallgreens, or supermarket will be getting them.

I really hope that is true, I'll have to keep my eyes open for that.

Medical supply stores, often. One locally sells Abena 4s plastic backed.

WildBlueCrinkle said:
Medical supply stores, often. One locally sells Abena 4s plastic backed.

Locally? Can you send me info?

Jwis said:
Just google "medical supply stores near <your city>", and start looking at the stores websites. If they don't list what they stock, you can often find customer pictures of inside, or even google street view occasionally takes pictures from the sidewalk or even a shot of inside the store. I found two stores in my area that carried mollicares via that method. Or if that fails you can just call them and ask.

Although I order my supplies online to avoid embarrassment, I have seen packs at a few different thrift stores. I've kept that in the back of my mind in case I ever run out and need to man up and just buy them.

Jwis said:

Are you local to SoCal?

- - - Updated - - -

irnub said:
Just google "medical supply stores near <your city>", and start looking at the stores websites.

I'm as much a "I want everything on the web" guy as anyone, and hate picking up the phone or (gasp) physically visiting a storefront, but in this area I recommend something more interactive. Medical supply shops are notoriously bad at keeping their websites updated, etc. For instance, South Bay Home Health only says they carry First Quality, but that's wrong (I'm not even sure if they carry FQ); in the store they have Abena M4 and L4, various Tena products, etc. But you'd never know if you didn't stop by, or at least call.

Jwis said:
Wi. USA

- - - Updated - - -

I really hope that is true, I'll have to keep my eyes open for that.

If by Wisconsin you are in the Chicagoland area that is in Wisconsin, there is Northshore Care Supply in Buffalo Grove.

Otherwise I don't know of any sort of national chain that would carry plastic backed diapers in their stores. You'd have to look around your local pharmacies or medical supply stores to see if any of them do.

i have just purchased (the return of) plastic backed Depends at Riteaid.. the only real way to know if you are getting cloth-like or plastic backed is the picture on front. For the S/M size, if the package has two tapes per side it is cloth-like, if the picture has three tapes per side they are the new plastic backed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back