Status
Not open for further replies.

DprEffect

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I've noticed lately that they have been having in-stock issues. Every time ive gone to order they are always out of stock of most of their mediums. what is going on? Are things going back down hill for the company? As much as i love their diapers its very frustrating to always go to buy to see they are out of stock STILL (since the last time i looked). Considering dropping them if this continues... With this growing competitive market it shouldn't be that hard to keep up with the demand when you sell out this much and this often....

*Frustrated AB/DL*

Currently Out of Stock:

Preschool Plastic Large
PreSchool M
Little Pawz M/L
Space M/L
Simple M
SDK M/L
Cushies M
Lavender L

I have noticed that on some the product I order from Abu lately the tapes aren't sticking to the tape landing zones. Even had tapes separate from the diapers so yeah I think that it's bad

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Big fan of their products so I hope it's a case of demand outstripping the quality manufacturing and shipping capability.

Since they have such an advertised focus on customer service I have my fingers crossed their business model allows rectification of their min/max levels in future.

In the meantime I also hate to be dissaponted so hope for a speedy restocking.

I believe they were having an issue with one of their suppliers for raw materials not passing QC. last I had heard they were working with a new company to source the materials in the quantity that they needed. this is most likely why they are out of stock of a lot of products as they run out of the reserve stock that they had that was still good. I would imagine once they get all the raw materials stocked up that the products will be coming back into stock for purchase.

Just received this e-mail from them. Here it is in case you haven't seen it:

We have had some ongoing complaints since January regarding the quality of the tapes on our 4-tape model products.

In late February, we identified the source of the problem on Medium Simple™, Space®, LittlePawz®, Cushies® and Super Dry Kids™ as using a new version of a standard tape model that was released by 3M in late September. Quality control within 3M and within our team identified no problems, even with tension testing at random intervals during manufacturing. Our customers are the real test, and these ongoing complaints have prompted us to make changes.

With regard to Preschool®, we identified that the tapes used were actually incompatible with the different style of landing zone. We immediately switched to a different style of tape manufactured by another major company that is clear instead of having a white base. After extensive testing, we’re happy to say that the clear tapes used in conjunction with the Preschool® diapers are free of defect and are very secure in real world use.

Due to the above issues, we are going to be doing a sale to clear the defective tape inventory to make way for new inventory that has been manufactured and is in transit to our warehouses. To be clear, we believe we have identified the most prone sections of the batches within our warehouses and have reserved these for this sale.

Llayden said:
Just received this e-mail from them. Here it is in case you haven't seen it:

We have had some ongoing complaints since January regarding the quality of the tapes on our 4-tape model products.

In late February, we identified the source of the problem on Medium Simple™, Space®, LittlePawz®, Cushies® and Super Dry Kids™ as using a new version of a standard tape model that was released by 3M in late September. Quality control within 3M and within our team identified no problems, even with tension testing at random intervals during manufacturing. Our customers are the real test, and these ongoing complaints have prompted us to make changes.

With regard to Preschool®, we identified that the tapes used were actually incompatible with the different style of landing zone. We immediately switched to a different style of tape manufactured by another major company that is clear instead of having a white base. After extensive testing, we’re happy to say that the clear tapes used in conjunction with the Preschool® diapers are free of defect and are very secure in real world use.

Due to the above issues, we are going to be doing a sale to clear the defective tape inventory to make way for new inventory that has been manufactured and is in transit to our warehouses. To be clear, we believe we have identified the most prone sections of the batches within our warehouses and have reserved these for this sale.

Seems to check out because a sale did start on there site. I hope they get the preschools in stock soon. I've been out of mine for about a month now :(

I'm not to worried about the tape issue due to such a simple fix (more tape). I might even order some of the SDK's and Spaces they got a sale right now because of the price and just to help them out.

I've never had an issue with ABU, I love them. I doubt they're gonna go downhill, they've got to be a top 3 AB diaper company out there, sure things will get better soon

I'm not worried about Abuniverse they are working on the fix

I also received the same email a few hours ago about the sale due to defective tapes

It's to clear out the current inventory of the defective products in the process making room for the improved products

Here's my two cents:

I don't mind ABU having delays or small problems if it is announced quick, but I think one of the problems right now might be communication, as things seems to be announced late.
For example, I've been following the production of small sizes, seeking info many times per week on their twitter and website. January 1st was announced, the deadline was missed, only to have a delay notice on twitter several weeks later. After that, several weeks without updates until it gets released in USA. It got released in Canada a few weeks later, again without updates, people asking when it would be available.

Point is, I bet a few more quicker updates and notices would be helpful for everyone, before anyone has to ask about it. Answers should come before questions. I would also enjoy seeing a few tweets on production progress here and then, like "Product X ready to ship!" or "ABU X about to be restocked in X product" so you know things are moving.

I just ordered some Simples. This is my first purchase in 4 months so will see how the quality is.

Downhill? No, That's a little bit extreme. Quite the opposite actually.

We're re-tooling right now for all new tapes across the board, and we need to blow out the old stock (hence the current sale). Manufacturing is behind where it needs to be on a global scale to meet demand, and we're also trying to ramp up. We are literally unable to keep production rates going fast enough to meet demand, and while it's a good problem to have, we get these sorts of complaints where people wonder what's going on.

These are all temporary problems. We now have the two warehouses - so we can take on more stock. We now have a solid plan for tapes moving forward, and we are working with multiple factories to ramp up production globally. Just growing pains.

-Casey, ABU.

- - - Updated - - -

TeeKay said:
Here's my two cents:

I don't mind ABU having delays or small problems if it is announced quick, but I think one of the problems right now might be communication, as things seems to be announced late.
For example, I've been following the production of small sizes, seeking info many times per week on their twitter and website. January 1st was announced, the deadline was missed, only to have a delay notice on twitter several weeks later. After that, several weeks without updates until it gets released in USA. It got released in Canada a few weeks later, again without updates, people asking when it would be available.

Point is, I bet a few more quicker updates and notices would be helpful for everyone, before anyone has to ask about it. Answers should come before questions. I would also enjoy seeing a few tweets on production progress here and then, like "Product X ready to ship!" or "ABU X about to be restocked in X product" so you know things are moving.

We got hit HARD on the small size production. We had to order all custom machine parts for them, and we built in a huge buffer to try and counter it, but every step of the process overshot our estimates and it ended up taking more time and money than we imagined - but, we're on the other side. We're going to try not to make predictions at all in the future. Lessons learned.

klo555 said:
Downhill? No, That's a little bit extreme. Quite the opposite actually.
These are all temporary problems. We now have the two warehouses - so we can take on more stock. We now have a solid plan for tapes moving forward, and we are working with multiple factories to ramp up production globally. Just growing pains.

You've clearly demonstrated a commitment to the community and I'd say you're entitled to a little slack as you grow. Keep up the good work!

I'd hardly call running into obstacles going downhill.

Growing pains do hurt glad everything is on the up and up the sky is the limit

I wear diaper pins, because, well, it's a diaper after all.

Wait, you wear diaper pins with a disposable diaper? that doesn't make sense effectivenesswise... Diaper pins are for cloth diapers, they tend to puncture and tear plastic shells on disposables which defeats their purpose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back