Diaper sag

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLC93

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've seen a discussion that talked about this issue, but I'd like expand on it more and the thread is older and closed.

I've noticed when I put on a plastic-backed bambino I can get it smug initially but as little as getting up to turn the lights off or rolling around in bed the diaper loosing up greatly around the waist, enough where there is about a 2"-3" gap when I separate the front of the diaper from my waist.

Who else has had issues in the past and what have you done to remedy to situation?

I am a chubbier guy, so I don't know if when I stand up it stretches the plastic, or if it slides down from pressure resulting from the waist and or stomach.

In the other thread I have viewed, some users suggested the diaper could of been tapped too tightly, but I don't know if that would remedy the situation in my case. Regardless it's just pretty annoying.

Me being a big person I have found that if during taping you fold the front in so that it rests below your belly it improves the fit and keeps them more snug. This is just how I get around that.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I have recently tried my first bambinos and experienced the same thing. Interested to hear other's replies.

Plastic does stretch a little, and some sliding down will also occur since it would be impossible to get it perfectly snug.

Your gap though does seem a bit much. Perhaps you're wearing a size too large? When I tried out a size on a diaper recently that I was at the bottom of the sizing range for I could get it on snug initially but after a bit it would just be too loose, so you could be experiencing something similar.

bigbluehusky said:
Me being a big person I have found that if during taping you fold the front in so that it rests below your belly it improves the fit and keeps them more snug. This is just how I get around that.

^ That is a good note as well. If your belly is larger than your waist, and you are making it tight to your belly and it ends up rolling down to your waist it won't be snug to your waist.

Actually, it should be the other way around. Tapping on a diaper when lying down, then standing up will make the fit looser. Generally, then you tape it on, the diaper should be snug but not tight. You should only be able to get a couple of fingers under the leg bands, and four fingers under the waist band (without sucking in your gut).

If you're starting out with a close fit like that, but ending up with a 2-3" gap in the morning, then something is wrong with the diaper. Cloth backed diapers will stretch like this, but not plastic backed ones like bambino.

All I can suggest is maybe try a different brand.

Diaper suspenders. I don't know enough to talk about them, I know my friend JDinVirginia does. So if he sees this maybe he could help.

Wow. A lot of responses already, so I'm going to attempt to get caught up. Also I'm on my phone and I'm not sure how I can quote multiple individuals in one response, so it will have to be separate:

bigbluehusky said:

That's a good suggestion, something I'll have to try.

It can happen try pair of plastic pants and or a onsie heips out trenenously when ever wearing a diaper

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

ClickyKeys said:
Plastic does stretch a little, and some sliding down will also occur since it would be impossible to get it perfectly snug.

Your gap though does seem a bit much. Perhaps you're wearing a size too large?

Actually they are a little smaller on me. The tapes actually don't quite reach the landing zone, which actually might explain why it might be stretching more than they normally do. If that's the case, I'll have to endure. I do have a Rearz Safari sample I'm excited to try out and it looks a size larger so I'll have to see what the outcome with that is compared to the Bambino's.

- - - Updated - - -

Slomo said:
Actually, it should be the other way around. Tapping on a diaper when lying down, then standing up will make the fit looser. Generally, then you tape it on, the diaper should be snug but not tight.
All I can suggest is maybe try a different brand.

I've got a Rearz Safari laying around too, I'll have to compare that with the Bambino.

Yeah I don't know about the fit there. I could see standing up and it getting looser, but when you lay back down it shouldn't be that much looser. I'll have to see how the Rearz works out in comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

lamando said:
It can happen try pair of plastic pants and or a onsie heips out trenenously when ever wearing a diaper

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

Is there a retailer you would recommend to look for plastic pants?

I wear a pair of jockey shorts tucked snugly over undershirt. The undershirt keeps the undies up and the undies keep my diaper snug.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

bigbluehusky said:

Same here , I tape below my beer gut

i wear a confidry 24/7 as a "diaper liner" for a cloth pull-up diaper ( the disposable "liner" keeps BM mostly off my cloth pull-up diaper ) and while this in fact is a lot of diapers it does afford me the protection level I require. This leads to the diaper "sag" you mentioned, especially when wet and or messy. I wear plastic pants and a onesie ( 5 snap facing forward for easy dressing). I have one on now and they also have leg cuffs for a better fit. Just got them and they're the best so far. They seal the diaper and with proper sizing provide excellent support,even when wet and loaded. If I need more support ( when going out ) I can always wear some strechy athletic shorts that keep everyting in place. Though I don't wear these at home or when sleeping, they work well when extra support is needed. At home I find the onsie adequate,especially when sleeping.

As for diaper suspenders (though I have not tired them): https://www.suspenders.com/everyday-suspenders/underups/2in-no-buzz-underups/

Lying down will make a tighter fit than standing as your waist is smaller. Gravity is not pulling your organs towards your feet and everything is more distributed.

If you believe that the problem is plastic stretching, you could try lacing with 1/4" elastic. I have written two threads on this if you are interested. I originally laced front and back as the 24/7 tapes kept failing, but since I have found a more reliable replacement I now only lace the back. It may seem like a lot of work, but once you get the technique down it is really very easy (see picture at left).

you might find you're taping high, across your gut, which will be a little wider than it is an inch or two down around your belt line. It may feel snug, but when your diaper gets wet, it'll swell in the crotch, and cause the top to be pulled down an inch or more, changing your waist fit. You won't be able to just pull it up either. The solution if that's the case is to tape the tops around your waist with the diaper fitting lower, so you go around your actual belt line instead of above it. Then pucker in the sides a little and tape the lowers as you normally would, or maybe a little higher. That may result in a little bulge in front, but will probably continue to fit and stay in place when wet.

I cannot comment about body shape...but I have found a tight diaper works much better. I like to use a nylon brief over a disposable diaper and plastic pants. I also wear a onesie over this. I find this combination holds the diaper closer to the body and distributes wetness upwards or assisting the wicking action.

Thanks for the responses. I'll have to try a few things out, and invest in onesie and or cover/ plastic pants. I did try folding front and try tapping tighter around the waste and it helped a little, but I could use more practice probably. Wore the Rearz I had and wow. I like it so much more than the Bambino's I had, and it fit better and didn't stretch/ sag as much as my Bambino's.

Try wearing a pair of underwear or even buy a onesie to help keep diapers snug, I mean afterall that is what they are made for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back