Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
Although illogical, from the "adult" part of myself, my "child self" still believes in the "Easter Bunny".
Is it wrong to still hold onto this simple psychological myth which is part of our culture?

I always found the history of the bunny with Eostre, the germanic goddess of fertility, and Freya, the norse goddess of sex and beauty to be fascinating.

caitianx said:
Is it wrong to still hold onto this simple psychological myth which is part of our culture?

I don't think so.

I think the fact of believing in the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, fairies, monsters and so forth while being a kid or in little space is perfectly acceptable.

I see nothing wrong with it. Every Christmas deep inside my heart I just have this feeling somewhere out there Santa must exist. I know it sounds crazy but it's the one childhood belief that no matter what people tell me and what adults believe I just can't stop believing hes real.
I'd like to believe that there is a little real magic in the world. ;)

It's perfectly fine to keep believing in the Easter Bunny. I personally only choose to believe in beings like the Easter Bunny and Santa at the actual times of those holidays, but it's fine to believe all year round too. I have my Mr. Bunny stuffie from my infancy, and just recently when I "reunited" with him, I had a thought about what if he's actually the Easter Bunny. I'm going to do a roleplay this week where I "ask" Mr. Bunny and he'll tell me no, but I'll be "in denial".

Hey your ok I do too.
Though was shocked he poops jelly beans.
Won't look at them the same way.

caitianx said:
Although illogical, from the "adult" part of myself, my "child self" still believes in the "Easter Bunny".

I don't think so. I believed in both santa and the easter bunny until almost 7th grade until some jerk at school ruined it for me :( My child at heart still believes though :)

foxkits said:
Hey your ok I do too.
Though was shocked he poops jelly beans.
Won't look at them the same way.

Those jellybean turds sure are tasty though. haha

They do exist. I believe the whole story around santa and the easter bunny is to show the good side of people - the helpfulness, caring, joyful and mysterious side of people. Santa is all about giving a gift to someone in need and those who you love to show that you love them.

Easter I am religious so its all about the resurrection and the gift of jesus dying and being resurrected for our sins. He gave us the gift of forgiveness (I think I have that worded okay - I'm on day three of a bad migraine and loaded up with so many meds I am loopy).

So chocolates and presents are just the earthly way that we show each other the love - easter bunny and santa is just a way to externalize the feelings. This is the way my mom has always explained it so I don't think I ever truly believed in the "north pole santa and reindeer" way because we always did secret santa through our church and extra donations - we were taught to be santa to others. Easter was a small amount of candy, and when we got a bit older we would get one small gift and less candy. My favourite year I got a gorgerous grey bunny beanie baby (hopper - who is on my coffee table staring at me right now) and still my favourite necklace of a horseshoe with fake diamonds.

hope everyones easter is great!!

I know that Santa dont exist but I swear that I can hear the bells from his sleigh, not every year but like each third year or so. It is strange but I love it. Where I live we have quite deep folkloristic beliefs about the nature and the spirits who guard for example a farm or a house. Some might say that is illogical but I think the world is full of wonderful mysteries.
I have a hard time telling myself that my plushies wont suffer when they have to be washed and dried in the laundry room. My plushies are alive and I just know that. I dont care what others might think (they just dont know better).

I personally couldn't believe in it because I didn't even when I was younger. I can't remember a time when I ever believed Santa or the Easter Bunny was real. It's also hard for me to understand what exactly makes beleiving in things that don't exist as childish. Isn't the only reason children believe in something like that to begin with because it's forced on them to believe in it? They are lied to and told something is real when it isn't. You could replace the easter bunny or santa with practically anything.

My point is, to me the belief isn't inherently childish. You can even get an adult to believe in things like that if they don't know any better or are just gullable.

I think part of the reason I feel that way I do is because, I don't regress, I am just always in a state of regression in my personality. So to me, it doesn't make sense to believe in something I myself wouldn't beleive. I am already childish by nature, I don't need to pretend, if that makes sense.

It's okay to believe in the Easter Bunny, but under no circumstance may you catch the Easter Bunny in a trap, kill him, dress him out and eat him. No, no, no.

dogboy said:
It's okay to believe in the Easter Bunny, but under no circumstance may you catch the Easter Bunny in a trap, kill him, dress him out and eat him. No, no, no.
noooo, hahahhaha, oh, this made me giggle, oh, hahhaha <3 <3 <3 !!!!

I hope you all still believe in ferry’s, because when a Little boy or a Little girl say they don’t believe in ferry’s, a ferry fall down dead.

And that not very nice.

https://youtu.be/Q5ncRVfJ2y8

As for the ester bunny, how else do you explain all the east eggs?

happy-bunny.jpg

Hee, hee.
Siysiy

I'm loosely Christian and pretty 'spiritual' so I believe in some things others do not. However belief in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny does absolutely nothing for me. I never remember truly believing in those things even as a very small child. Never felt like I'd been 'lied to' though it was always just a bit of holiday fun.

I remember when I was a young child, looking out my bedroom window, and there in our yard was the Easter Bunny. He was dropping dozens of chocolate eggs, so I ran out of my room and into our back yard. I had eaten several of them when my mom grabbed my hand and made me drop them. "My God," she screamed. "You're eating rabbit shit!!!" After that, I hated the Easter Bunny. Bad bunny. Bad!

Spirituality and religion aside. The Easter Bunny first appears in German writing in the 16th century, best I can tell. In it's historical origin the easter bunny was basically like santa. Where it brings treats to the good girls and boys.

As a little I love getting into the festivities of the holidays. As an adult I struggle with them.
As a farmer, I see them as little more than agricultural markers.

Addy said:
In it's historical origin the easter bunny was basically like santa. Where it brings treats to the good girls and boys .

The easter bunny was probably invented to encourage kids to behave.

CrinkleMyJimmies said:
The easter bunny was probably invented to encourage kids to behave.

​Interesting conjecture.

Aside from my stupid jokes, I remember reading that there was a pagan celebration called Ishtar. Just as in Christmas, early Christians combined Christian holidays with European celebrations to further Christianity, thus Ishtar becoming Easter. Ishtar was a Spring celebration centered around fertility and procreation, thus the eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back