Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Belief in the "Easter Bunny"?

Default Belief in the "Easter Bunny"?

Although illogical, from the "adult" part of myself, my "child self" still believes in the "Easter Bunny".
    Is it wrong to still hold onto this simple psychological myth which is part of our culture?

I always found the history of the bunny with Eostre, the germanic goddess of fertility, and Freya, the norse goddess of sex and beauty to be fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by caitianx View Post
    Is it wrong to still hold onto this simple psychological myth which is part of our culture?
    I don't think so.

I think the fact of believing in the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, fairies, monsters and so forth while being a kid or in little space is perfectly acceptable.

I see nothing wrong with it. Every Christmas deep inside my heart I just have this feeling somewhere out there Santa must exist. I know it sounds crazy but it's the one childhood belief that no matter what people tell me and what adults believe I just can't stop believing hes real.
    I'd like to believe that there is a little real magic in the world.

It's perfectly fine to keep believing in the Easter Bunny. I personally only choose to believe in beings like the Easter Bunny and Santa at the actual times of those holidays, but it's fine to believe all year round too. I have my Mr. Bunny stuffie from my infancy, and just recently when I "reunited" with him, I had a thought about what if he's actually the Easter Bunny. I'm going to do a roleplay this week where I "ask" Mr. Bunny and he'll tell me no, but I'll be "in denial".

Hey your ok I do too.
    Though was shocked he poops jelly beans.
    Won't look at them the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by caitianx View Post
    Although illogical, from the "adult" part of myself, my "child self" still believes in the "Easter Bunny".
    I don't think so. I believed in both santa and the easter bunny until almost 7th grade until some jerk at school ruined it for me My child at heart still believes though

Quote Originally Posted by foxkits View Post
    Hey your ok I do too.
    Though was shocked he poops jelly beans.
    Won't look at them the same way.
    Those jellybean turds sure are tasty though. haha

They do exist. I believe the whole story around santa and the easter bunny is to show the good side of people - the helpfulness, caring, joyful and mysterious side of people. Santa is all about giving a gift to someone in need and those who you love to show that you love them.

Easter I am religious so its all about the resurrection and the gift of jesus dying and being resurrected for our sins. He gave us the gift of forgiveness (I think I have that worded okay - I'm on day three of a bad migraine and loaded up with so many meds I am loopy).

So chocolates and presents are just the earthly way that we show each other the love - easter bunny and santa is just a way to externalize the feelings. This is the way my mom has always explained it so I don't think I ever truly believed in the "north pole santa and reindeer" way because we always did secret santa through our church and extra donations - we were taught to be santa to others. Easter was a small amount of candy, and when we got a bit older we would get one small gift and less candy. My favourite year I got a gorgerous grey bunny beanie baby (hopper - who is on my coffee table staring at me right now) and still my favourite necklace of a horseshoe with fake diamonds.

hope everyones easter is great!!

I know that Santa dont exist but I swear that I can hear the bells from his sleigh, not every year but like each third year or so. It is strange but I love it. Where I live we have quite deep folkloristic beliefs about the nature and the spirits who guard for example a farm or a house. Some might say that is illogical but I think the world is full of wonderful mysteries.
    I have a hard time telling myself that my plushies wont suffer when they have to be washed and dried in the laundry room. My plushies are alive and I just know that. I dont care what others might think (they just dont know better).

MarchinBunny

I personally couldn't believe in it because I didn't even when I was younger. I can't remember a time when I ever believed Santa or the Easter Bunny was real. It's also hard for me to understand what exactly makes beleiving in things that don't exist as childish. Isn't the only reason children believe in something like that to begin with because it's forced on them to believe in it? They are lied to and told something is real when it isn't. You could replace the easter bunny or santa with practically anything.

My point is, to me the belief isn't inherently childish. You can even get an adult to believe in things like that if they don't know any better or are just gullable.

I think part of the reason I feel that way I do is because, I don't regress, I am just always in a state of regression in my personality. So to me, it doesn't make sense to believe in something I myself wouldn't beleive. I am already childish by nature, I don't need to pretend, if that makes sense.