A little bit more about me

Status
Not open for further replies.

rice

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I'm slowly settling in here a bit. I know it seems kinda odd to make what amounts to basically 2 intro threads, but I was a bit lack on details in my original.

I think I mentioned it before, but I'm not particularly new to this. I don't really know "Why" I am this way. I can't think of a particular thing, or event that could be to blame.

I first learned I wasn't alone in the mid 90s, as a kid digging around on the Internet. I came a cross a couple websites, and eventually settled into the Teen Chat @ DPF. If was incredibly comforting knowing I wasn't alone.

My interest seem to fade w/ time. For the last probably 5-10 years, this has barely been on my mind. I'd have the occasional thought here and there, check out a random site online once and a while, but nothing particularly involved.

About 2 months ago, I experienced something somewhat traumatic to me. Nothing physically damaging, but the stability of my life was put into jeopardy due to a sudden loss of income. The good news is that issue is resolved, and has worked out in the positive for me. However, I spent weeks stressed out of my mind, literally unable to stand still at times, panicking and feeling more and more hopeless as rejection after rejection of applications came back to me.

I already live a fairly high stress life. This recent event was an unexpected dumping of more stress. (The good news is I sort of traded one for another, since the job was also a huge cause of my stress).

And now, here I am. I'm not sure what I"m seeking, other than I suppose just chit/chat and the comfort again of knowing at least I"m not alone. I'm not active or participating in any related stuff, in part because I don't see that flying in my relationship. That's another separate discussion.

anyway, I guess that's about it. Thx for being cool people, and helping me remember that, while I may be weird, it's ok. I've always been weird, so what else is new, right? lol.

Thx for reading, I'm happy to chat.

I've had periods of less intense interest and resurgences due to stress/trauma as well. You're definitely not alone in that!

Welcome to the hot tub of weirdos, we're fun, friendly and have all our shots.

Sorry to hear it won't fly in your relationship , that's a roadblock to many !

I might have mentioned this in my intro as well but I also came here to chat to feel accepted.

I think it's safe to say that normality is a lie and cannot be applied to a human's personality. Everyone is unique and has their quirks. I was once told that if everyone was the same that life would be boring. The people who are "flawed" are more interesting to me than the person who is perfect. Metaphorically, they have more flowers on their side of the field than the perfect person. I'm not a very pious person but that was something I got out of a sermon at a summer camp years ago. The more you accept this I think the happier you will be in life.

I too have gone through the cycles though I'm kinda stuck because in my current situation its next to impossible to get diapers. Maybe I will have some opportunities when I go to college this fall when I have more control over my own finances and it's been many years since I've had some diapers. I can only hope :rolleyes:.

It certainly adds an extra layer of complexity, knowing that I'd likely not see any acceptance. My SO is quite a bit more "closed minded" around certain things than I am. I tend to be fairly "live and let live. Don't mess w/ me, I won't mess w/ you" while SO is often far more opinionated about things. It's not like i'm 19 and this is some high school thing either, this is a relationship approaching 8 years.

With me I've always been accepting of alternative lifestyles and sexual orientations simply because I knew what it was like to have feelings that are at odds with what our society wants us to feel. I don't have much of an "ick" factor anymore, as I freely accept others' quirks and persuasions. Even so, I battle my own inner demons that tell me that the ick factor for this one is through the roof, which obviously, it isn't. Why can I accept others and their personality traits but not my own? But now I'm here and changing the way I think.

Tommycombs said:
With me I've always been accepting of alternative lifestyles and sexual orientations simply because I knew what it was like to have feelings that are at odds with what our society wants us to feel. I don't have much of an "ick" factor anymore, as I freely accept others' quirks and persuasions. Even so, I battle my own inner demons that tell me that the ick factor for this one is through the roof, which obviously, it isn't. Why can I accept others and their personality traits but not my own? But now I'm here and changing the way I think.

I think that's a very interesting observation about yourself, and one we can all probably relate to. Knowing that I happen to be an odd duck in a way, also surely contributes to my overall accepting demeanor. I don't want people to judge me for my quick, therefore I choose to be understanding of other's quirks.

Life in general is far too weird as is, to get hung up over little things, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back