Upset with Abena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powderedbum

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I recently purchased 3 packs of Abena L4s online for the first time. Couldn't wait to get them as I had heard so many good things about them. The first one I took out of the pack was messed up. The tapes were twisted and stuck to the inner lining. So I pulled out the second one and crap the same thing was wrong with it. I am now on the third pack and so far 15 of the 36 I bought have had the tapes messed up on them . Has anyone else had this problem? I tried contacting Abena but they haven't gotten back with me

Yep it happened to me a few years back and well i haven't bought a case of them sense

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I took a chance and bought 3 more packs because I really do like the ones that I could use. Hopefully they will be better

with the tena diapers have experienced similar things the ones made in Colombia , and the compaany SCA Chile have not answered to me the mail yet i live in Chile so get the Tena diapers made in Colombia.

you might want to contact the seller if you haven't

I've bought dozens of cases of Abenas over the years, and I've only once had a minor issue-
One case had slightly mis-aligned tapes on one side, but they still worked fine.

Manufacturing defects happen sometimes-these things are made at high speed on huge machines.
Assuming you bought the diapers from a reputable seller, you should be able to return them as defective.

Don't be mad at Abena. Overall, their quality control is excellent, and they continue to use high quality materials to make a great product,
unlike other brands that go cheap by incrementally switching to cheaper & cheaper materials. You just got a bad batch unfortunately.

If you can't return them, you might be able to use the defective ones if you reinforce the tapes with a layer of clear packing tape or duct tape?

Reactions: rennecfox
Agree call the seller for credit/replacement sent . Abena is in Europe if you are in the US call the seller they will reach out to the manufacturer sellers have business contacts that get back to them quickly.

I have had this identical issue happen, The company i bought them replaced them , in such case you might be able to salvage them ,
Heat , Hair dryer and be carefull , Blue sticky is stuck on the diaper if u try to take it off you would tear the diaper ,

I've had to deal with tapes lifted and stuck down somewhere else on diapers from time to time, but it was usually a one-off in a bag or just a couple. Someone had the folding mechanism in the machine adjusted a little wrong. Sounds like yours was way off and affected a higher percentage. Definitely contact the seller or the manufacturer. Manufacturer would probably be better overall, since the seller probably has no practical way to recoup the loss of shipping and free product, for a problem that they had no control over. Stick it to abena if possible ;)

Like the others said manufacturing faults happen and while all these crack pot corporations signed up to six sigma and the like the reality is they have been practitioners of shrinkflation for a longtime.

Are you Abenas plastic backed or that ridiculous cloth like? I found the cloth like ones apart from leaking right through the backing didn't work with the sticky tabs anyway.

As Bambinod said hammer Abena until you get something in replacement but I would recommend swapping to an ABDL brand.

carstoncouche said:
Overall, their quality control is excellent, and they continue to use high quality materials to make a great product,
unlike other brands that go cheap by incrementally switching to cheaper & cheaper materials. You just got a bad batch unfortunately.

I have to disagree, the X-PLUS was a great product. The first version of M4 saw a thinner product but it was still good. The current version of M4 feels cheap and shows that they severely cut back on quality, clumps up if you wear them overnight and is even thinner.

It's a real shame but I've gone off them now.

Agreed. Abena xplus used to be a premium diaper. Thanks to their cost cutting they just aren't even half decent anymore.

Does anyone else remember their pinhole leaks problem? (From the crysal sap pressing through their new thin plastic) Only when enough people complaind did they go back to a slighly thicker plastic. And right after that we all had tapes coming loose or tearing off the backing.

I dropped them at that point, and glad too since it wasn't long after they started having that clumping problem. Talk about ruining a good product. Of course, thanks to abenas messup that's when confidry revamped their line to take their place.

I just bought a case of m4's. I am very happy with them and so far.

Well I bought 3 more packs from a different supplier and of course the first three I got out of the first pack has the same problem. I really like the ones that I have been able to use but can't see trusting them anymore

It does happen occasionally, and it will happen with just about any brand. It's just a manufacturing error. Did you contact the seller you purchased them from? I usually order from XP Medical and they've replaced my order free of charge every time I've reported a problem, I just send them a picture of the issue.

Abene has made the same mistake depends did a couple years ago. They advertise the "breathable" backing is leak proof. Sorry, if it "breathes" it will leak. Very misleading ads. I left them too for lying about their products.

After years of depression and borderline ending my life, my wife has finally given me the green light on diapers so to say I'm excited about life again does not do it justice. After we had our talk, I hopped on Amazon and bought Tena Ultra Stretch briefs and am wearing one now. I have been PUNISHING this thing and it hasn't leaked yet. Sorry to read your L4s aren't cutting it.

jay22250 said:
Abene has made the same mistake depends did a couple years ago. They advertise the "breathable" backing is leak proof. Sorry, if it "breathes" it will leak.

I would disagree with that. They make the backing out of a very fine weave of plastic, which does turn out to be hydrophobic while being slightly porous to air at the same time. It's not a lot, but it is porous. If they can keep the weave consistent and high quality, it shouldn't leak unless pressed very hard. Any material like this is designed to hold back liquids due to surface tension, and that can be overcome with pressure. It's like "you can only fit a water droplet through here that's --><-- this small or smaller", and the surface tension of water will usually make it much bigger than that, UNLESS you try to FORCE it through the smaller hole, and then it will deform and pass through.

I think the problem companies are having here isn't the material concept, but the quality and the quality control. They're making a cheap disposable product, and it's not surprising to see them cutting costs and cutting corners.

I've seen pinhole leaks in clothback before. I've also seen it in plastic backed. Both are from poor quality or quality control. (inconsistent weave in the clothlike, or large sap grains on the plastic shell usually)

Most of the "breathable clothlike" we're seeing are actually a fine plastic or similar weave, they're not actually cloth or plant fiber. But they break down a lot easier than sheets of plastic, and are lighter by volume so they cost the manufacturer less to make/use.

Not to mention that thin plastic does not extend around the legs or towards the side. They are guaranteed to leak in any position other than standing, and are questionable at best when sitting or with flooding.

These used to be top of the line for me. Now they are not in my top 10. Disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back