Rough Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaBaby3

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
What does everyone do on a very rough day? I am having a very painful day with my chronic migraines (lovely weather change) and it flared up the depression really bad for some reason. These are the days I wish I had someone to take care of me and cuddle me like a toddler. :(

KarmaBaby said:
What does everyone do on a very rough day? I am having a very painful day with my chronic migraines (lovely weather change) and it flared up the depression really bad for some reason. These are the days I wish I had someone to take care of me and cuddle me like a toddler. :(

A number of years ago I would get migraine headaches. All I could do was go to bed and try to sleep it off. When I have a bad day, not headache related, I try to keep myself busy by dong something. Sometimes I just vacuum and clean the house. Often I practice and play piano. If it's nice outside I might go for a walk or ride my bike. I try to do something that's positive and something that I enjoy doing.

rough days are the norm, for me; what, with my knackered shoulders, hidradenitis suppurativa, migraines and each and every cold and flu that's going around from Sept to June.....good days are a rarity.
and when/if Summer comes, there's the hayfever. you gotta laugh.

supposedly, we're going to be having a bit of a heatwave, this weekend. i'll believe it when i see it: it's currently minus 2 and frosty.
IMG-20170408-WA0000 Standard e-mail view.jpg
(taken earlier, when it was slightly warmer)

and i'm only up now because i was tired and sore, earlier/last night, and went to bed early. i ended up getting about 6 or 7 hours kip, which is a lot for me, in my state (it's usually 3 or 4) and i felt groggy as hell and my current cold blossomed a bit, leaving me feeling like this when i awoke:
View attachment 29087

i gulped a couple of coffees and took an ibuprofen: ahhh.

as you can see, on rough days, i spend my while trying to feel better :biggrin:
sometimes, though, you're on such a lengthy run of roughness that you have to just say, 'feck this' and do something. i usually go out walking with the dog, but that'll depend on how bad i'm feeling. did 8 miles on this trot:
View attachment 29088

"gotta top-up the rez!" said Harry.

and for the while of my awakening, as i sit here in the kitchen, i usually watch the birds; it's mostly ravens and magpies who oversee starlings and a few blackbirds. we usually have starlings in our roof, but they gave up nesting earlier on this year and have mostly buggered off (just a couple of pairs nearby). a late freeze, last year, triggered similar, so i was expecting the same, this year. but, i've recently noticed a magpie collecting nesting materials, so it may be that.

our back end also forms part of the boundary for the upland and lowland ravens and there's often squabbles (not to mention the seeing-off of seagulls). i can just sit here and watch it all kicking off; who needs the telly?
:biggrin:

Oh no migranes are the worst thing, I truly hope you can find the trigger for yours sweety and get through them.

thanks everyone .... the health system is completely useless now. I got really bad yesterday and went to urgent care - spent 7 hours there with no improvement no matter what they gave me. What do they do? Send me home ..... I hate life. I cant function on this level of pain but nothing is working!! I hope everyone is having a better weekend than me.

Bad days I don't even get out of bed , if my pain is flaring I have my opiates to arrest that, fall and winter jncrease my pain exponentially but summer and warmth lower it a bit, in summer I am usually on the go doing stuff , in the winter I just vegatate , if I leave my house twice in the winter it's a lot. But days in bed aren't bad I have a 55" led TV with 3d and blue ray ,Netflix and a Yamaha surround sound system , plus my Lap top and tablet and a bunch of radios on my bed side table , I can lay in bed and talk with people all over the world via radio , everything in my house is set up for bad days, i used to have more bad than good , right now I am doing more good than bad .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I was given tramadol for severe headaches. It helps more than otc meds. I think my headaches are sinus related though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KarmaBaby said:
I cant function on this level of pain but nothing is working!!

my first port of call with a migraine is my heatlamp, especially if i've been woken up by the migraine; just to lessen the pain and fugginess a bit, so that i can think about what else to do, which i have a lot of for the ridding of a migraine. my mum's pain tablets are a last resort and to be honest, they don't get rid of the migraine, they just dull it; the 'weight' of it is still there, as are the visual effects.
along with playing with the humidity (pan of steaming water on the stove), i tend to take a sledgehammer to the nut with my heatpack/wheatbag, with an antiseptic wipe placed between the heated bag and my head. it can take a few goes of getting the heat up and finding the tender spots, but i usually know if i'm on the right track with a runny nose and my usual final signal is the hunger pangs that suddenly come on.
while that sounds quick and easy, the migraine can then come back a day later and/or switch sides. two or three days is typical migraine length.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back