A Question for German-speaking furries

Status
Not open for further replies.

baby664

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I am an American, and not a furry, so this question is just out of curiosity.
German has two words for "to eat", one of which ('essen') is used for humans, and one ('fressen') which is used for animals.
The Question is: when you talk about eating (as your fursona (sp) or in a story about furries), do you use 'fressen' or 'essen'?
Please forgive me if this has been asked before.

Ohh! Very interesting. I hadn't thought of that before. If you don't get an answer here in a couple of days, I'll ask a few native Germans I know.

baby664 said:
German has two words for "to eat", one of which ('essen') is used for humans, and one ('fressen') which is used for animals.
The Question is: when you talk about eating (as your fursona (sp) or in a story about furries), do you use 'fressen' or 'essen'?

I asked this to one of my native German friends, and this was his answer:

"Haha, that´s an... interesting thing to think about xP
I´d definitely say "essen", but I can see how slightly more feral anthros could use "fressen" instead. For a werewolf I´d definitely go for "fressen" :B"

(My fursona character is a human that can change into a werewolf. That's why he made the comment about a werewolf.)

Mattew said:
I asked this to one of my native German friends, and this was his answer:

"Haha, that´s an... interesting thing to think about xP
I´d definitely say "essen", but I can see how slightly more feral anthros could use "fressen" instead. For a werewolf I´d definitely go for "fressen" :B"

(My fursona character is a human that can change into a werewolf. That's why he made the comment about a werewolf.)

I was wondering about that badge, so no more mountain mew?

rennecfox said:
I was wondering about that badge, so no more mountain mew?

I haven't decided on that just yet. The last several badges that I've had made were for my human / werewolf character. I might keep the Mountain Lion character, just not sure.

The Mountain Lion is more of a cub character. I'm not a cub or an AB. That sort of stuff just doesn't interest me. Never really has. My character was originally going to be a canine, but someone really wanted me to create a feline one, so I did. As time has gone on, I just don't really see that as me.

You can see my profile at http://www.furaffinity.net/user/mattew-the-werewolf/

I really need to do some work on it, and add more stuff.

Mattew said:
I haven't decided on that just yet. The last several badges that I've had made were for my human / werewolf character. I might keep the Mountain Lion character, just not sure.

The Mountain Lion is more of a cub character. I'm not a cub or an AB. That sort of stuff just doesn't interest me. Never really has. My character was originally going to be a canine, but someone really wanted me to create a feline one, so I did. As time has gone on, I just don't really see that as me.

You can see my profile at http://www.furaffinity.net/user/mattew-the-werewolf/

I really need to do some work on it, and add more stuff.

Ahh I see.

baby664 said:

For Humans or almost every babyfur related context i also would use "essen"
The word "fressen" is more used with animals like Mattew already said.

If someones really hungry, because maybe did not eat anything for many hours and is eating verry fast or just gobble some snack down (with bad manners or verry messy) its also possible to say "fressen" in this case for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back