another job using diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said it never once was an issue for them, he flew B-29 Superfortresses stationed in Okinawa, he was attached to the 22nd bomber group. He suggested that adrenaline may have been a factor. I also know a guy that presently flies C-130's, and he said no ones uses diapers at the base he is stationed at, and said most aircraft these days use relief tubes, but he did hear of a bottle being used once by someone.

okmis said:
He said it never once was an issue for them, he flew B-29 Superfortresses stationed in Okinawa, he was attached to the 22nd bomber group. He suggested that adrenaline may have been a factor. I also know a guy that presently flies C-130's, and he said no ones uses diapers at the base he is stationed at, and said most aircraft these days use relief tubes, but he did hear of a bottle being used once by someone.

Interesting, I wonder if it could be a base by base sort of thing. Something where at least a few might use diapers, but others (most?) don't.

Slomo said:
Interesting, I wonder if it could be a base by base sort of thing. Something where at least a few might use diapers, but others (most?) don't.
I asked around a bit more and the consensus generally is that they are not worn by most guys unless they have a medical issue, however, this is extremely rare and would only affect a small number of guys. Also he said many military ships (especially bombers, cargo planes and those with a crew of more than 2 men) now have one limited toilet (more of a bucket with a lid mounted in place with the blue chemicals in it for an emergency and it is out in the open usually, so women would not be allowed to use it, so I suppose diapers might be worn by women but they would probably just avoid putting a woman on the crew to avoid the issue altogether.
If I had to guess maybe at the base you were stationed at there just coincidentally happened to be those guys but they may have been the only ones for all we know.

Ooh, a racing related thread! Drivers had admitted just using their firesuits in the past. Indycar drivers were on family feud last year and Steve Harvey asked them, and they just admitted and said "use the suit man." So I doubt the driver in that video was padded.

Drivers do sweat a lot but surprisingly you do hear stories of drivers having to urinate while they were in the car. I was watching a race a few years ago and Tommy Kendall was disclosing a story another racing driver told him (can't remember the drivers name though) and the driver said it was under caution and he had to go so he unzipped his fly and urinated into the door frame of his car. Tommy explained that the driver was radioed because the car behind him reported seeing fluid coming out from his car, and the fluid was hitting the driver behind in the helmet/ face because he was driving an open-cockpit prototype. XD The driver responded saying "Don't worry, it should stop soon."

I also doubt you will see a driver wearing unless it is a cloth diaper because I've also heard drivers have to wear cotton because in the event of a fire plastics in clothing and melt and can be absorbed or infused in the drivers skin. I don't know the accuracy of that, but I trust the word of the individual who stated it because he was a teacher of mine that worked on the racing circuit for 12 years.

DLC93 said:
I also doubt you will see a driver wearing unless it is a cloth diaper because I've also heard drivers have to wear cotton because in the event of a fire plastics in clothing and melt and can be absorbed or infused in the drivers skin. I don't know the accuracy of that, but I trust the word of the individual who stated it because he was a teacher of mine that worked on the racing circuit for 12 years.
He is correct about the plastics part however, a cloth one would not be allowed either due to safety regulations, the undergarments have to be made of a special flame retardant material (cloth diapers obviously aren't flame retardant).

okmis said:
He is correct about the plastics part however, a cloth one would not be allowed either due to safety regulations, the undergarments have to be made of a special flame retardant material (cloth diapers obviously aren't flame retardant).

Yep, Nomex and cotton undergarments if I'm correct. You've heard of that plastic side effect too? Sketchy shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back