Anyone else using a Raspberry Pi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungPixel

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey there!
I am currently viewing Adisc from a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B and it's just great.

I've got a few disks around and I was thinking of mounting a NAS with this tiny computer. Any other ideas?
I am curious if any of you is using this for anything else, feel free to explain it here :)

I have always wanted to get a Raspberry Pi. I have a Super Famicom shell I imported and always wanted to mod it so I could put a Raspberry Pi in it with RetroPie. I'm just waiting until the next revision then I'll probably pull the trigger and order one. How well does Adisc and other websites run on the Raspberry Pi? There are so many amazing projects people have built with the. I really like the media servers people build with them, you could try playing around with that.

I use a raspberry pi to run a digital radio WIFI Bluetooth Hotspot to encode and decode P25, NXDN, DMR, DSTAR & C4FM FUSION for digital radio communications protocol with this I can use a low power handheld radio to communicate around the world on 1 watt instead of firing up the base HF equipment running 1.5 kilowatt to say talk with China.

I have a recently installed kodi with exodus on my raspberry pi 3. I've had mixed results getting movies to watch, and have failed to get any tv shows. I haven't had too much time to figure out how to make it better.

I've also dabbled in programming in minecraft. I made a rocket pack script that is pretty crazy.

I use my Pi 1 as a nas, password protected and running 24/7 without a screen or other input. I access mine via my cell or pc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yoshiDL said:
I have always wanted to get a Raspberry Pi. I have a Super Famicom shell I imported and always wanted to mod it so I could put a Raspberry Pi in it with RetroPie. I'm just waiting until the next revision then I'll probably pull the trigger and order one. How well does Adisc and other websites run on the Raspberry Pi? There are so many amazing projects people have built with the. I really like the media servers people build with them, you could try playing around with that.
It's kind of fluent with light websites, but if you are going to watch Youtube videos and so on I'd rather use Openelec with Kodi as it's much better. And about the next version, the RPi 3 (I think) has a better processor than the RPi 2, so I'd consider it. I have tried RetroPie with this RPi and it works perfectly.

I've heard of the Raspberry Pi, but I don't really know much about it or what you'd use it for. How easy is it to program? What can it be used for?

I used to want one. It seems like a nice little device! But I don't really know what I'd use it for now.

YoungPixel said:
It's kind of fluent with light websites, but if you are going to watch Youtube videos and so on I'd rather use Openelec with Kodi as it's much better. And about the next version, the RPi 3 (I think) has a better processor than the RPi 2, so I'd consider it. I have tried RetroPie with this RPi and it works perfectly.

That's awesome, I think as soon as the next Raspberry Pi model is released I'll have to get one and finally do RetroPie. The only reason I don't have one now is because I'm hoping the next model will be able to support N64 and PS1 better than they currently do, they are supper close and I would think with the next model they will be perfect or close to it.

I have three Pi's. Two 3's (one doing what Tetra is doing with theirs and one that is used as a learning platform as I start down a road to certifications...) The other is a Zero that I am planning on trying to migrate the Hotspot to... (Having some... Odd issues with this experiment...)

Kodi works really well on both my Raspberry Pi 1 & 2, I do have a problem with a USB 3 2.5" Toshiba HDD working properly, I have it plugged in via a powered USB hub and it almost keeps up unless the file is over 2GB in which case it stutters.

I have a PI 3 and a zero. So far, I have only downloaded the OS and have yet to power them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back