Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price per diaper

Default Price per diaper

Anyone have a place or a spreadsheet somewhere that lists an estimated price per diaper. Insurance is trying to help me find the most premium absorbent.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

XP Medical has it for the various brands they sell, look under the diaper reviews.

The true cost of an IC product is in the frequency of changes. Everyone's needs are different because everyone voids at different frequency and volume. Also, time that can be spent in a super absorbent product is greatly dependent on the users environment, activity level, skin durability, and so on. It is hard to nail down the actual cost per diaper with all those variables.

I used to use only cheap products, such as the original Depend and equivalent brands. Those products were only good for about one void and, depending on my fluid intake, I could use upwards of 7-8 during the day alone. I would go through 2 at night if I could wakeup after my first void, otherwise wet sheets. A Super Premium (ABU Simple) can last me an entire day. It might even be able to last from overnight and throughout the next day. But that is an exceptionally long time to remain in a product. A Regular Premium (NorthShore Supreme) can get me through a day with three changes, one in the morning, one in the evening, and one before bed.

Each one of these products has a window of use that maximizes their efficiency and cost per product. If I know that I am going to be on the move a lot, and that changing when wet is more important that maximum absorbency it wouldn't make sense to use a Super or even Regular Premium. The cheapies become more cost effective. If it will be a normal day I will stick with regular premiums as they can give me excellent absorbency and minimze changes. They can be used to the full potential. If it will be a lazy day with no responsibilities or activities planned outside the home I will opt for a Super Premium at bed time and probably won't have to change until the next evening. I'll change and take a shower before dinner time and use a cheapie before using a premium for bed.

The short answer is "No". Most likely not. Everybody has different factors and needs that can wildly throw off the equations. However, the best possible solution is to have at least a couple of products of different capacity to adapt to different needs from day to day. If you know that you would have a need for a Regular or Super Premium from time to time try and get them approved due to the higher initial cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Llayden View Post
    The true cost of an IC product is in the frequency of changes. Everyone's needs are different because everyone voids at different frequency and volume. Also, time that can be spent in a super absorbent product is greatly dependent on the users environment, activity level, skin durability, and so on. It is hard to nail down the actual cost per diaper with all those variables.

I used to use only cheap products, such as the original Depend and equivalent brands. Those products were only good for about one void and, depending on my fluid intake, I could use upwards of 7-8 during the day alone. I would go through 2 at night if I could wakeup after my first void, otherwise wet sheets. A Super Premium (ABU Simple) can last me an entire day. It might even be able to last from overnight and throughout the next day. But that is an exceptionally long time to remain in a product. A Regular Premium (NorthShore Supreme) can get me through a day with three changes, one in the morning, one in the evening, and one before bed.

Each one of these products has a window of use that maximizes their efficiency and cost per product. If I know that I am going to be on the move a lot, and that changing when wet is more important that maximum absorbency it wouldn't make sense to use a Super or even Regular Premium. The cheapies become more cost effective. If it will be a normal day I will stick with regular premiums as they can give me excellent absorbency and minimze changes. They can be used to the full potential. If it will be a lazy day with no responsibilities or activities planned outside the home I will opt for a Super Premium at bed time and probably won't have to change until the next evening. I'll change and take a shower before dinner time and use a cheapie before using a premium for bed.

The short answer is "No". Most likely not. Everybody has different factors and needs that can wildly throw off the equations. However, the best possible solution is to have at least a couple of products of different capacity to adapt to different needs from day to day. If you know that you would have a need for a Regular or Super Premium from time to time try and get them approved due to the higher initial cost.
    What I meant was price per diaper listing average. Example. Say there is 60 diapers in a case and the case costs 72 dollars.
    7260=1.20. Price per diaper is $1.20. This way I can calculate my daily expense. I normally wear 4 tranquility atn per Day so 41.20. 4.80 a day/144 a month.

I was just wondering if someone had an average ppd alrwady typed out like xp medical does...Guess I'll just do the research and make a spreadsheet.

SEE! This is the point we are trying to make. Take confidry for example. They cost $1.63 each. Expensive right- not! Now if you can get by with just 4 ATN per day (which you're badly dehydrated by the way), then you can easily get by with just 2 confidry per day at that same level of hydration. At a total cost of $3.27. Stop wasting your money. Stop looking at just the cost per diaper. You need to look at the cost per day, or you're just throwing your money away with each extra change.

I said 4 as an example

Quote Originally Posted by ABdei View Post
    I said 4 as an example

Yeah, I got that. And a Confidry can very easily hold twice that of an ATN. Actually quite a lot more, but I was being conservative- as an example. Regardless, you still sound dehydrated though.

What insurance is actually doing is letting you find the cheapest diaper you will accept ,rarely does a single diaper work for a person's needs through the entire day in an average week, however I have never seen insurance pay for more than 1 brand at a time ,choose the highest absorbency they will pay for ,but also remember the fit of the product needs to be looked at as well, if the cut of a chosen product doesn't work for you that's simple , you don't use it , but don't just price shop , wear each brand and see what gives you best fit and protection, a diaper you don't trust , is a diaper that causes you to lead your life differently and that's a cost that can't be measured.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

A vendor I found is actually adjusting the price for the insurance. I am allowed 200 diapers a month. But if I can find a better premium absorbent and get away with 150 of those, they can write off the 150 as 200. Leaving room for better quality.

Yeah it does, but it also makes you an accomplice to insurance fraud , and Lord knows thieves hate competition , so the insurance company will come after you if they ever get wind of it .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk