Not open for further replies.

archer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Hey everyone I think I just post the issues here, I'm not sure if anyone has the same issues with me.

I often get a side leak that comes from the part of the diaper that has tape in it. Because I'm.... let's say graciously proportioned so usually the tapes fit in the edge of my thigh.

Anyone has the problem here? I want to hear from big size ABDLs too it seems for us diaper leak is a major thing. I think the only solution I can think of is plastic pants.

Only GOOD solution is to wear a cloth diaper or adult training pants over the diaper. That would catch it.

I would have to agree with Nova..Of course I wear Very Thick cloth Diapers and at least 3 pairs of plastic(vinyl)pants..The only times I have had any leaking problems was when I intentionally repeatedly soaked my Diapers over a period of Several hours(lot's of liquid consumed)..Quite Fun Really..:). I also wear a set of smaller Diapers with plastic pants under a Bigger set of the same over them, Great Fun for Many reasons, But more to the point, Very Secure!..:)

I hate leaks and feel your pain.

Do you mind if I ask are you folding your diaper before use down the middle to create a channel front to back and reduce the channeling toward your legs? That practice has eliminated all of my minor leak issues.

Are you flooding? Personally never found a diaper that likes flooding.

Do you use cloth-like or plastic backed? The non plastic ones aren't waterproof on the sides. I can wear medium but would rather use large and overlap more. Also, I feel like plastic pants are a must for slowing down leaks. Put a thin stuffer in the pants to soak up any big leaks.

I will never understand why disposable nappy manufacturers do not pad the sides. Side sleepers leak unless they use cloth.

Not true, you just need to go with a large enough diaper that has losts of padding and sap towards the sides.

The only diaper I know which fits this bill is confidry. I use their larges as well as a baby diaper booster. I also sleep on my side, yet have not leaked in a very long time (except for once when I fell asleep already quite wet).

If they fit, crinklz larges are actually even better too. They don't need a booster l, have very high leak guards that work, and so much sap they swell up huge.

I will second the "try a size larger" response.

Also, there are differences in padding width in front and back, as well as height of padding, from one diaper to the next, so you can get better protection without upsizing by simply changing brand/model.

And if you're leaking, is that while laying on your side, back, or while standing? are you pointing down?

Hi everyone sorry because of personal issues that affect me lately I only able to reply now.

So I'm quite limited on diaper. I can only got a very thin Tena Value (plastic backed) and Tena Super (cloth backed) as my diaper. Usually I put my cheap tena as first padding and make a cut in the middle of it. And use 2nd Tena Super as a outer padding there.

I think it happened because I use it to sleep. I move from time to time and it might cause the leak.

Yes I usually do it flooding and sadly because of my size it's hard for me to get larger padding.

Do you mind if I ask are you folding your diaper before use down the middle to create a channel front to back and reduce the channeling toward your legs? That practice has eliminated all of my minor leak issues. - What does this means?

And yeah I think the solution is plastic pants or adult training pants

archer said:
Do you mind if I ask are you folding your diaper before use down the middle to create a channel front to back and reduce the channeling toward your legs? That practice has eliminated all of my minor leak issues. - What does this means?

And yeah I think the solution is plastic pants or adult training pants

Sorry missed your post. Diapers in packs come trifolded generally with the folds creating channels toward the leg openings, and being in the packs the fluff pulp is extremely compressed.

What a lot of us do after unfolding the diaper is do a gentle fold the length of the diaper which both creates a new channel top to bottom and might help fluff the pulp a touch, means the liquid can flow a bit easier from front to back rather than directly to the sides. This isn't a magic fix but it certainly works for me to maximise the diaper and stop unnecessary leaks.

I know a lot of people are not fans of plastic pants here, as soon as you take them off you have all the escaped moisture to deal with and it makes your diaper area that much warmer.

Rather than double diapering I am an advocate of booster pads where the diaper just isn't up to the task.

Fingers crossed you find what works for you.

I do the legnthwise fold/crease also. I also use a cloth pull-up diaper with plastic pant and rarely get leaks and if I do leak it's small and ends up on my bed pad.

My diaper leaks at the sides so I wear plastic pants over it at night and lay on a bed pad. I usually get up and change at some point at night, but if I don't sometimes the bed gets a little wet. It all feels good to me.

Kenn said:
I will never understand why disposable nappy manufacturers do not pad the sides. Side sleepers leak unless they use cloth.

I suppose padded sides produce awkward, indiscreet bulk that is hard to fit under normal clothing... might work for special night nappies though?

NO disposable is going to do really well if you sleep on your side. Conditions for drainage are really stacked against you. You need maximum wicking and really fast absorption, which you will get more of from cloth than disposable.

bambinod said:
NO disposable is going to do really well if you sleep on your side. Conditions for drainage are really stacked against you. You need maximum wicking and really fast absorption, which you will get more of from cloth than disposable.

Not true. Crinklz has worked awesome for me, no boosters needed, lots of wetting, and still no leaks. And yeah I sleep on my side.

if this is a sleep issue, plastic pants, underwear over the diaper under the plastic pants possibly putting a hand towel in the plastic pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back