A,I

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyBBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I don't know a lot about AI, but I do know that a lot of jobs for humans are disappearing because of robotics. When I was a little kid in the '50s and we had Weekly Readers, this was all predicted for the future, so nobody should be surprised.

I suppose a certain amount of AI is programmed into things like Siri and Google Home, etc.

Ever watched Humans Need Not Apply?

I get the want to make things better, cheaper, less tedium for the employees and take away the dangerous jobs but I don't see this ending well for the bulk of humanity with no jobs.

Apart from diapers I do try and stay away from mass produced items in favour of hand crafted but yet to actually live this ideal.

You can replace workers with robots but you can't replace consumers with robots. Sooner or later something has to give because workers and consumers are the same thing.

As far as artificial intelligence goes, business leaders already appear to be operating on artificial intelligence, so we could save a lot of money by replacing them with Note Pads or smart phones. We might need a 'Greed' app, but that shouldn't be too hard.

Last edited:
Jobs will be gone. Some may remain, but lots of jobs will be gone forever. It can't be stopped.

It's not a bad thing... unless we let it become one. The world needs to start caring more about other people than greed... or we'll truly end up in a dystopia.

Because of the persistent greed in the world, and other terrible things....I often have a hard time thinking we're not a stupid as hell race of idiots.... I definitely DO NOT want civilization to end, I want things to be happier and more fair for everyone... but sometimes I think we deserve the end of the world... if that makes any sense? :frown:

ShippoFox said:
.. but sometimes I think we deserve the end of the world... if that makes any sense? :frown:

Yes for sure it makes sense but of course our children deserve better so we need to remain opposed to it.

Argent said:
Yes for sure it makes sense but of course our children deserve better so we need to remain opposed to it.

I agree. Though I don't have any plans to have kids. I don't want that responsibility, plus I don't want to have a major part in bringing a new life into this world to, highly possibly, suffer. Maybe I'll change my mind someday, who knows, but i find that extremely unlikely.

We already have a prelavent amount of limited AI out there. Robots and programs that excell at just one particular task. What most think of AI being is a robot or program that can excell at being human. We do not have this- yet.

As for the AI completely eliminating jobs, this is a bit of a misnomer. Every robot needs manufacturers of their own. They need a lot of resources to be made, and most importantly they need ongoing programmers, transporters, installers, operators, and mechanics in order to operate. These newely created jobs more than fully offset every one person being replaced by them. What's more, is those replacement jobs are typically a lot better paying.

AI of today is simply not eliminating jobs. However, they are ensuring our children will have better paying jobs (assuming they get a decent education anyways).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back