• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Seeing as all the other titles will be "introduction", I thought i'd be different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow456

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hi everyone, i'm a guy who like video games and action movies. Currently looking into expanding my horizons in anime too (you should totally watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure for the record, I'm hooked).

I thought I'd make this because I've been a closet AB and DL for a large part of my life, only having recently worked up the courage to order some adult nappies. You don't need to be a psychology major to know that suppressing emotions is bad for you, so I figured I'd just get this out here.

As I previously stated, I am primarily a gamer (as well as an aspiring game dev), so that's what I've devoted a, depressing, large amount of time to. Seriously, I really should be studying, but if I even glance at my PS4 controller I'm playing Dark Souls for the next 4 hours. I also have an interest in film, particularly action.

So yeah, that's me in a nutshell, a pretty introverted gamer with an interest in AB/DL. The latter in particular wanting to be expressed in some other form than when I'm home alone. I'll cut this off now before I start rambling.

Welcome, I'm new here myself. Also a fairly introverted tech guy :p

Hi and welcome to the site. I used to play a lot of games and eventually I realized I wasn't creating anything of value, just clicking and swearing. Now I'm learning a number of Chopin pieces on the piano.

dogboy said:
Hi and welcome to the site. I used to play a lot of games and eventually I realized I wasn't creating anything of value, just clicking and swearing. Now I'm learning a number of Chopin pieces on the piano.

not to hijack, but that's one thing that sort of put me off gaming as well. I just don't feel like I have the time anymore, because I want to spend time doing other things. Studying new topics, trying to learn how to build stuff, more "tangible" things. I'm not knocking anyone who's into gaming, trust me, I just kind of fell out of it.

Shadow456 said:
...I'm playing Dark Souls for the next 4 hours.
'
You are excused for that Shadow. Best game ever made imho. "Praise the sun!"

Yeah, I didn't mean to put anyone down who enjoys playing games. I had a lot of fun playing. I've just changed directions because my passions are in different places like writing and learning new pieces on the piano.

Welcome. I used to play a lot of video games, but I don't play as much anymore. I kind of prefer for realistic games. Huge fan of the GTA series. I like sports games. Some shooters, specifically in the Battlefield series.

Shadow456 said:
Hi everyone, i'm a guy who like video games and action movies. Currently looking into expanding my horizons in anime too (you should totally watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure for the record, I'm hooked).

Welcome to the site, nice intro!

I'm also a big game nerd. I'm kinda hooked on Zelda right now. I've heard good things about Dark Souls also, but am scared 'cause its supposed to be so punishing. I do like Hyper Light Drifter though which is like Dark Souls mixed with the original Zelda I hear. What other games do you like?

Big anime fan too! What do you like about JoJo's? Maybe I can point you in the direction of other things you'd like?

Are you gonna go see Ghost in the Shell this weekend?!!!! I can't wait... I hafta talk to may Mommy about it, but I'm thinking about going ... um ... padded ... so I don't miss any part of the movie. *blushes*

dogboy said:

Hey, the best things to focus on are what you enjoy. I used to play accoustic guitar, but gave up before really getting anywhere. I mainly just play to pass the time between school and such anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Spaz said:
'
You are excused for that Shadow. Best game ever made imho. "Praise the sun!"

Sounds like you and I could "engage in jolly co-operation!" lol.

- - - Updated - - -

AdorableRabbit said:
Welcome to the site, nice intro!

I'm also a big game nerd. I'm kinda hooked on Zelda right now. I've heard good things about Dark Souls also, but am scared 'cause its supposed to be so punishing. I do like Hyper Light Drifter though which is like Dark Souls mixed with the original Zelda I hear. What other games do you like?

Big anime fan too! What do you like about JoJo's? Maybe I can point you in the direction of other things you'd like?

Are you gonna go see Ghost in the Shell this weekend?!!!! I can't wait... I hafta talk to may Mommy about it, but I'm thinking about going ... um ... padded ... so I don't miss any part of the movie. *blushes*

Great to hear, I'm also ever-so-slightly addicted to Breath of the Wild.

And yeah, pretty much every souls game is punishing. But the effort you have to put in makes it all the more rewarding when you 'git gud', like a lot of things.

So far I'm about 6 episodes into part 2 (the one before they're introduced to Lisa Lisa). I'm loving Joseph as a character, the creativity of the fights and the overall fast pace of the show (seriously, in one episode their fighting vampires in New York, then Nazis in Mexico in the next!)

I've heard good things about Ghost in the Shell, but haven't watched the original. I know that's like a film-buff saying he hasn't watched Citizen Kane, but whatever. The only anime I've actually watched entirely in FMA Brotherhood and Cowboy Bebop. I'd want to watch the original before the new film, and that isn't going to happen for at least a week.

- - - Updated - - -

rice said:
I just kind of fell out of it.
I understand, I know plenty of friends who I played video games a lot with when I was younger, but a lot of them lost interest with it as we got older, devoting more of their time to sport, making music, etc. I guess I'm just a one-trick pony, but I wouldn't do it in the first place if I didn't enjoy it. We're all different people, with our own different interests. Accepting myself as an AB really helped me adopt a 'live and let live' attitude.

When you say "build stuff" are you talking about wood-work, metal-work, or something else? Just curious is all.

- - - Updated - - -

DLC93 said:
Welcome. I used to play a lot of video games, but I don't play as much anymore. I kind of prefer for realistic games. Huge fan of the GTA series. I like sports games. Some shooters, specifically in the Battlefield series.
Personally, I prefer less realistic games. Something about rejecting the mundane real world and just having fun with wacky concepts like super powers and giant monsters. But I get that those aren't everyone's cup of tea.

As someone who prefers realistic games, can you tell me what makes (or made, I guess) you like GTA over something more, for lack of a better word, out-there, like Saints Row?

Shadow456 said:
I understand, I know plenty of friends who I played video games a lot with when I was younger, but a lot of them lost interest with it as we got older, devoting more of their time to sport, making music, etc. I guess I'm just a one-trick pony, but I wouldn't do it in the first place if I didn't enjoy it. We're all different people, with our own different interests. Accepting myself as an AB really helped me adopt a 'live and let live' attitude.

When you say "build stuff" are you talking about wood-work, metal-work, or something else? Just curious is all.

I'm trying to learn more about building w/ wood. I want to build a shed this year. I bought a super old, dumpy house, and it needs a lot of love, so I'm kind of learning as I go along fixing things. I do IT work, and it's stuff that's very cerebral, mental, etc. I try to have hobbies that are kind of the opposite, more hands on, creating tangible things.

Shadow456 said:
As someone who prefers realistic games, can you tell me what makes (or made, I guess) you like GTA over something more, for lack of a better word, out-there, like Saints Row?

The last time I played a Saints Row I wasn't really impressed with the graphics compared to that to GTA. Note this was quite a while ago. I also enjoy the randomness and goofiness you can find in GTA.

Shadow456 said:
Great to hear, I'm also ever-so-slightly addicted to Breath of the Wild.
I've heard good things about Ghost in the Shell, but haven't watched the original. I know that's like a film-buff saying he hasn't watched Citizen Kane, but whatever. The only anime I've actually watched entirely in FMA Brotherhood and Cowboy Bebop. I'd want to watch the original before the new film, and that isn't going to happen for at least a week.

Yeah BotW is just nonstop...

GitS is pretty good in many incarnations. I actually don't care for the 3 animated movies... too dull and oddly soulless. A bog fan of the two TV shows (Stand Alone Complex), and the recent Mini Series + Made for Tv Movie GitS:Arise.

I think though, you could watch any in any order. This show has been super remixed/rebooted like 5 times now so it's all good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back