Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaliborio

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I've been dealing with decreasing continence for the last couple of years and I've found that my wetting volume has been increasing over time, so I've been needing to increase the absorbency of my base diapers more and more simply so I'm not constantly running off to change. I'm actually moving up a thickness grade with my purchases, but in the meantime, I'm boosting a lot.

Currently, I'm using Tena Pads Maxi Night in the crotch of my Abena M3s. However, I'm looking for a no-name brand that I used to use because a friend had them. They were completely porous - no backing, just a thick absorbent wodge that was clearly intended to be worn in a diaper rather than underwear. I miss them but my friend had no idea what they were.

What do you use?

I use Lille healthcare Classic pad maxi. The maxis are 15 x 60 cm (I understand they have just started making them slightly smaller) I did a quick search and can see they are available in Australia. The maxi is the most absorbent 1050ml. Add that to a premium diaper and it helps a lot. In the UK you can get packs of 28 for under £5.

I can second the Lille maxi classic booster they work well and make a big difference however I think the 1000+ml rating is a little ambitious. there still worth a shot and cheap.
Independence Australia has them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

depends on if its at night or not. Generally at night I prefer something concentrated like a tena overnight pad, during the day I use something like a belted undergarment inside my brief with some slashes inside my tape on brief.

I can triple the Lille Classic pads! They come in a few different sizes. The 15 x 60 cm ones fit in between the leakguards and along about 90% of the length (front-to-back). The 15 x 47 mm ones might be worth considering too.

What I particularly like about the Lille Classic pads is that they are absorbent, but still really thin. I tried some other brands (Abenas and Save Express own-brand) and they were about 3 times thicker, yet no more absorbent. They just felt too bulky, and uncomfortable.

I use Tranquility Top Liner Heavy Absorbency. 14 x 4. One inside of a Northshore Supreme or Confidri 24/7 gives me some added comfort. It's a security blanket of sorts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite boosters are the Abena Abri-let Maxi and the Bambino Quadros.
Abri-let on top for wicking and dispersal, Quadros underneath for capacity.
The Abri-let is thicker and fluffier when dry giving more dry bulk. The Quadro starts thin and swells a lot, but the capacity is awesome.

The best combo with diaper I used was the Abena Abriform M4(plastic backed) using these boosters, Quadro under Maxi. A bit on the bulky side but really did the job for me.

I use perforated size 6 baby diapers as boosters.
Cheap and they work really well.

My boosters of choice are the Abena Abri-Let Maxis, they're by far the ones I use the most, along with no-brand lookalikes that I got some time ago from the well known German diaper shop. I have tried Lilles too, thinner than the Abenas as Tiny said, but I found them to be not as performant. They're good for when you need a boost but you're still keeping an eye on the bulk.

Jonnythepony said:
My favorite boosters are the Abena Abri-let Maxi and the Bambino Quadros.
Abri-let on top for wicking and dispersal, Quadros underneath for capacity.
The Abri-let is thicker and fluffier when dry giving more dry bulk. The Quadro starts thin and swells a lot, but the capacity is awesome.

The best combo with diaper I used was the Abena Abriform M4(plastic backed) using these boosters, Quadro under Maxi. A bit on the bulky side but really did the job for me.

That is one impressive combo which I tried a few times taking inspiration from you, both in Abena M4s and Dry 24/7s. While 24/7s have plenty room to accommodate the bulk, in M4s I end up feeling a little "squeezed" down there. I've also noticed that sometimes having a high-SAP booster between the Abri-let (which is mostly pulp, so excellent at distribution) and the diaper kind of hinders the ability of the Abri-let to distribute the wetness as evenly as possible throughout all the padding. When standing, this translates in a huge squishy bulk between the legs while the extremities of the diaper may still be dry. Still great for nighttime though for max absorbency when using up the back and the front padding is less hard!

I will use multiple adult diapers and then use size 6 baby diapers as stuffers within those for my overnight diapers. For my daytime diapers, it depends how long I'll be out for...if I'm out for extended periods, I'll be sure to use the same combo as above. For normal daytime wear, I'll just wear a single thick adult diaper, such as a Bambino Bellisimo or Abena M4.

Myself -
I use Male Guards to up the absorbency of my dydees.
They come in packages of 52 Male Guards.

I like the Tranquility brand boosters but I usually use a kids diaper with slices cut though the outer cover, some times that will get wet enough that at a rest room I can pull it out and then re-tape the adult diaper if it has not too wet, I don't like the bulk as much but kids diapers are cheap and easy to get in a pinch

Northshore supreme with there large booster, very nice containment and great absorbency the large liner will fit all there diapers because the crotch is nice and roomy.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Sheepies said:
I use perforated size 6 baby diapers as boosters.
Cheap and they work really well.

I did this recently as well and amazed how much it swelled!

I had been meaning to get some more boosters but might do this more often for some of the less reliable nappies.

I like to use goodnite tru-fit for boosters. They have no plastic backing swell nicely and can probably hold more than the cheap diaper I am use them with.

I have the Rearz InControl Booster Pads. Used them pretty often during the week when I was out of the Rearz Inspire+InControl and used them in Wellness Superio briefs which aren't normally that absorbent, but those boosters can hold a lot. They pretty much tripled how long I could keep the Wellness on safely before leaking. Will double the capacity of an Abena L4. For boosters they hold a ton.

ClickyKeys said:
I have the Rearz InControl Booster Pads... For boosters they hold a ton.

Do you get them from the Rears site, or do you have another place?
Looked them up on the Rears site, they look pretty nice and wanna try them.

I get them directly from Rearz, I have a membership for the free shipping, but if you don't you may be able to find them elsewhere?

ClickyKeys said:
I get them directly from Rearz, I have a membership for the free shipping, but if you don't you may be able to find them elsewhere?

Alright, thank you :)

Jonnythepony said:
Do you get them from the Rears site, or do you have another place?
Looked them up on the Rears site, they look pretty nice and wanna try them.
If in Europe save express have them 11.99 euros for 30 plus p&p
yes they're good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back