Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches

Default Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches

Just curious how do you like your peanut butter in your peanut butter and jelly sandwiches whenever you or your caregiver makes them for you? Me personally, I like mine thick. That way it takes a while and you aren't hungry as much later.

MarchinBunny

I am with egor. Crunchy peanut butter with homemade jam is just the best.

I think the only thing I like better is replacing the jam with Nutella but that isn't what the thread is about lol XD.

@MarchinBunny. Mixing Nutella with Peanut Butter sounds good. Mabye a little too nutty for my taste considering Nutella is made from hazelnuts. Still a good idea though and anyone is open to discuss how they like their sandwiches; not just how I originally posted.

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by MailCat581 View Post
    @MarchinBunny. Mixing Nutella with Peanut Butter sounds good. Mabye a little too nutty for my taste considering Nutella is made from hazelnuts. Still a good idea though and anyone is open to discuss how they like their sandwiches; not just how I originally posted.
    lol well in that case, for sure Crunchy Peanut Butter and Nutella. It's like a delicious peanut butter cup sandwich XD.

Creamy with Karo Syrup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crunchy peanut butter (or fresh ground, even better). Homemade jam. PB on one slice, jam on the other, potato chips in the middle. yum.

I don't like super squishy textures, so I like the extra crunch from chips.

I like crunchy peanut butter and jelly, and I tend to make them thick. I usually have apricot jelly and I'll make them on an English muffin.

I only use creamy peanut butter. I think I usually put the peanut butter on both pieces of bread and the jelly on one. Lately though I've been using the stuff that has peanut butter and jelly in the same jar.

When I first heard about "peanut butter and jelly sandwiches" (PBaJS), I just assumed it was a joke! Not only do they exist, but... Americans seem to almost universally like this weird conconction!

I bet, if you did a survey, over 85% of Americans would love PBaJS... And in every other country on Earth, that figure would be 5% at most! But why?!

Who invented PBaJS?! Just the idea of putting jam and peanut butter together is... very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by rice View Post
    Crunchy peanut butter (or fresh ground, even better). Homemade jam. PB on one slice, jam on the other, potato chips in the middle. yum.

I don't like super squishy textures, so I like the extra crunch from chips.
    Peanut butter, jam and crisps...? Wow.

P.S. Just wondering... Do you guys use any flavour jam/jelly? Is apricot jam just as good as blackcurrant or raspberry, for example?