pacified by pacifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teddybearbaby85

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
I may or may not have posted this before. I type and then delete so I don't know...sorry if it is repetitive.
Why does a pacifier tend to really soothe me and stop a meltdown for me much like it does a real baby?? Am I the only one? I can be bawling and honestly feel really close to a complete breakdown and I pop my paci in and I calm down. Embarrassing????

Well, I'm kind of like you. But replace the paci with stuffed animals. Everytime I'm upset, or happy just over all in any mood. I always talk to cuddle my teddy bears. I don't thinks embarrassing unless someone doesn't understand how you feel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

It's a learn subconscious response that you had and it still works,
You figure when your parents made you give up the binky it was like maybe three years or two years or longer.
That's​ a long time and it simulates nursing that's how it works fool's Baby into thinking it's nursing.
There are some person's I know that suck there thumbs still but not in public but times they do forget,
It's a response your body remembers.
Like us that wear diapers for Comfort same thing.
We're just wired different than other people some people bite their nails to become calm some even eat and spend money.
It's how we cope with things.

I have returned to needing my blanket to calm down and sleep .... pacifier does also help me sometimes which is funny because I would use one as a baby but love it now.

blanket, stuffies, pacifier and a lullaby is how I get through my chronic daily migraines. AB is defintely a coping strategy for me to handle the pain and stress of a chronic pain syndrome.

Pacis don't pacify me when I'm in adult mode and really need to just have a good cry.

However, pacis do reduce my stress level in general - I have a stress tic of clicking my teeth, which increases my stress because I know it's bad for their alignment. Pacis make that less of an issue by keeping my teeth out of contact with each other.

I'm also a little emotionally dependent on my paci when I'm away from home - I take it to some places in an inner pocket of my (most adult-looking possible) jacket, and if I'm sleeping in a new place I virtually need to be sucking on my paci in order to sleep comfortably.

Well I'm seriously down and out, I find I don't really want my pacifier. Went through a strong depressive patch in October and didn't touch it for days, despite the fact I normally sleep with one.

But sometimes it's nice to have when you're just chilling watching cartoons too, although in the past I've found sucking it during the day might make me kinda sleepy.

Sometimes I take mine with me places; I found one in my winter coat pocket and never bothered to take it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back