Status
Not open for further replies.

Inuyasha92

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Am I the only one who's gotten subpar customer service on the phone with ABU. The guy just sounds like he hates his job and AB/DL customers even calling and asking him. Some guy named Caleb I got the past 3 calls.

I love ABU's products but I don't know if I'll continue buying from them, if that's the "warm welcome" I get.

Your thoughts? :confused:

A friend of mine has had that problem with Abena, but making it public on a forum can some times wake them up. I had an electronic device fail on me and the company only started to respond once I threated to post every thing on a forum that a lot of there customers use. But that does not always work, I play with lasers and had a 3 day old laser driver explode on me and destroyed the laser it was connected to and the damned company did nothing, so I made it public and they lost some customers over it.

I don't know what happened, but I've talked to Caleb twice now. He was very helpful and friendly. Had no issues at all.

I am able to transact business solely through the website interface. Why do you have to call them so often? Usually the reason small businesses have websites is to keep costs low.

Inuyasha92 said:
Am I the only one who's gotten subpar customer service on the phone with ABU. The guy just sounds like he hates his job and AB/DL customers even calling and asking him. Some guy named Caleb I got the past 3 calls.

I love ABU's products but I don't know if I'll continue buying from them, if that's the "warm welcome" I get.

you must have got them on an off day, they were nothing but warm when I called with an issue.

I almost always go in person to the Everett warehouse. They've been friendly and knowledgeable but I also know some of them personally.

Nothing but great service from ABU. Especially after the takeover. I was lucky when the original owner went MIA. I hadn't ordered in a while and got wind of the issues. New owners service has been great.

I guess I think of worst I guess. He wasn't mean or anything, he just sounded monotone. But I'm glad that everyone has said ABU has good service. The first time I called was delivery questions, the second and third was to check in for the Preschool diapers, as I didn't know when they would come back in stock. Plastic Sounds, I will take note of that, as some of my questions could of been answered on their FAQ's page. Maybe I should look more.

I have had great customer service with ABU, and have heard great things from other people on this site. I agree that you may have just caught someone on an off day, but also just sounding a bit "monotone" as you say may just be that they probably deal with the same questions many times in a day. I wouldn't look too far into it, and I'm sure that if you needed anything they would be willing to answer you considering they are a business in a niche market and probably consider customer service a priority...

Wiles said:
I have had great customer service with ABU, and have heard great things from other people on this site. I agree that you may have just caught someone on an off day, but also just sounding a bit "monotone" as you say may just be that they probably deal with the same questions many times in a day. I wouldn't look too far into it, and I'm sure that if you needed anything they would be willing to answer you considering they are a business in a niche market and probably consider customer service a priority...

Thanks Wiles! Someone else said that on this forum. I do look into things a little too much, and I guess I don't realize everybody has their own way handling business.

Inuyasha92 said:

Hey @Inuyasha92 - I must say I'm a little surprised by this as I know Caleb personally and have heard his telephone manner and it's very good. I'll make sure the feedback gets passed onto the guys at ABU though.

ABU has always been a great company, they put a ton of effort into rebuilding the brand name, but like all good things, it might be coming to an end per-say. The larger the business the less mom and pop feel. I really didn't have a normal abu stellar experience on my last order either.
I not trying to sink there ship, maybe use this as productive criticism.
I place an order last week for a case of sdk's, I'm in the northeast so I was kind of expecting to get this case within (2) days since they opened up there new Baltimore warehouse.
As normal abu issued the UPS label and sent the email that the product was shipped with the tracking info. A day later I checked the tracking out of curiosity, it showed my info was voided. Now I have had issues with UPS in the past (remember the def con 5 post) so I sent an email to ABU cares, the email was promptly answered and I was told that the sdk's stock was empty in Baltimore, and that they would ship out of there Washington warehouse. I thought no worries, (its good to hear there moving product and doing good)
One would think that they were aware of this on Monday, customer contacts them on Tuesday so they would follow up with the order right away; this is were the "mom and pop" feel starts fading. I wait until Friday and still now tracking / packing info, so I email again, my email was promptly answer with tracking info, but the dates don't lie, I looks as if my email caused an "ohh crap moment" and they printed out a label, my product didn't ship out until yesterday...9 days after placing the order.
I personally and legitamently care about this company, they are really the ones in my opinion that have turned abdl around in a positive light with good service, good products and laid the foundation and the standard for other companies to follow, but they might be growing to fast.
Please abu, come up for air, think about the long run, I'm sure there's a ton of stress, if your hiring more employee's make sure you have a good strong hr policy set.

JoJo1993 said:
Hey @Inuyasha92 - I must say I'm a little surprised by this as I know Caleb personally and have heard his telephone manner and it's very good. I'll make sure the feedback gets passed onto the guys at ABU though.

Thanks Jojo! :)
I would hate to stop buying from them because of this. :(

pampers4U said:
ABU has always been a great company, they put a ton of effort into rebuilding the brand name, but like all good things, it might be coming to an end per-say. The larger the business the less mom and pop feel. I really didn't have a normal abu stellar experience on my last order either.
I place an order last week for a case of sdk's, I'm in the northeast so I was kind of expecting to get this case within (2) days since they opened up there new Baltimore warehouse.
As normal abu issued the UPS label and sent the email that the product was shipped with the tracking info. A day later I checked the tracking out of curiosity, it showed my info was voided. Now I have had issues with UPS in the past (remember the def con 5 post) so I sent an email to ABU cares, the email was promptly answered and I was told that the sdk's stock was empty in Baltimore, and that they would ship out of there Washington warehouse. I thought no worries, (its good to hear there moving product and doing good)
One would think that they were aware of this on Monday, customer contacts them on Tuesday so they would follow up with the order right away; this is were the "mom and pop" feel starts fading. I wait until Friday and still now tracking / packing info, so I email again, my email was promptly answer with tracking info, but the dates don't lie, I looks as if my email caused an "ohh crap moment" and they printed out a label, my product didn't ship out until yesterday...9 days after placing the order.
I personally and legitamently care about this company, they are really the ones in my opinion that have turned abdl around in a positive light with good service, good products and laid the foundation and the standard for other companies to follow, but they might be growing to fast.
Please abu, come up for air, think about the long run, I'm sure there's a ton of stress, if your hiring more employee's make sure you have a good strong hr policy set.

Thank You! You're the voice of reason I was looking for. At first I thought I was too sensitive, but at least someone had the same experience as me with ABU. He just didn't sound too friendly to me

pampers4U said:

I'm going to review this situation. We have some new staff that are still training and learning the ropes, and I bet that your sense that there was an "oh-crap" moment is right. Mistakes happen, and we need to be transparent about them and communicate clearly with the customer what's going on (even if there was an oh-crap moment). We're human, and we learn from this stuff.

I've also sent this thread over to Caleb for review, and I think he'll be responding as well.

I very much appreciate everyone being patient and working with us as we grow. It's important to get these things out in the open so they don't fester.

-Casey,
President, ABU

klo555 said:
I'm going to review this situation. We have some new staff that are still training and learning the ropes, and I bet that your sense that there was an "oh-crap" moment is right. Mistakes happen, and we need to be transparent about them and communicate clearly with the customer what's going on (even if there was an oh-crap moment). We're human, and we learn from this stuff.

I've also sent this thread over to Caleb for review, and I think he'll be responding as well.

I very much appreciate everyone being patient and working with us as we grow. It's important to get these things out in the open so they don't fester.

-Casey,
President, ABU

And that right there ladies and gentlemen is why I would stick with this company, yes everyone makes mistakes, the head boss read my post, he saw a problem, and he is addressing it with his staff using the proper chain of command. I really cant ask for anymore than this, Thanks ABU.

Heya~!

I'm really sorry that my voice came off as uninterested on the phone. I assure you it is the exact opposite. I consider myself immensely lucky to be able to live the dream of working for an ABDL Diaper Company and I personally struggle with self conscience issues regarding my voice and sometimes worry that I can be found as "monotone" and “nasally". This is a reality that scares me and has actually led me to get speech therapy. I apologize for letting you fall through the Customer Service cracks and not giving you 110% of my service. If you call in again I can only hope your first impressions will be changed through a better interaction. All of my fellow employees at ABU want to bring the highest quality service we can. We appreciate your input so that we can correct any of the shortcomings immediately. So thank you for reaching out and letting us know that we had dropped the ball. I will continue to learn and grow as a customer service agent and hope to surpass your expectations. Have a fantastic rest of your week and Stay Crinkly!

Caleb ABU

I really like your customer service over at ABUniverse, although I do have to admit that the AB part kinda bothers me a bit. I just wanted to be honest about it. :)

This is why ABU and the staff are amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back