How to explain diaper packs arriving for those who aren't 'out'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
babybobby said:
Wow. That hurts my heart to read. I'm so sorry that you've had such sociopathic abusive assholes as parents. Coming from a person with a alcoholic borderline personality mother - I know that pain well.

I'm here if you need to talk - just know that you are beautiful, loved, and perfect- just the way you are. And no one - not even your parents has the right to say otherwise.

[emoji847]

Well my parents actually always cared for my PHYSICAL needs very well, in fact, I'd say up until my early 20's I was the apple of my parents eyes. I was pretty much a spoilt child. Sometime around 21/22 though they just kind of turned on me, and started literally sneering and jeering at me because they thought I didn't have enough physical/non-internet social life and because I was self employed (running an online business) rather than climbing the corporate totem pole. They'd actually laugh at me because they thought I had "no friends outside of the internet"...which actually wasn't even true I just didn't want to introduce any of my real life friends to them because I thought they'd be too judgemental.

Well I got my diapers xD. I told my roommate that they were new bedsheets (something I guessed she wouldn't be interested in and wouldn't want to see) and thankfully she didn't ask any further questions. But in the future I will probably arrange for them to be delivered to the postoffice to avoid any embarrassing incidents (I didn't even realize this was a thing before!)

Well that's a great thing. I'm glad everything went well. It's for me now even more difficult to receive anything at home so I'll second your idea of delivering them to the post office :p

CrinkleMyJimmies said:
I recently ordered my first online diapers from Littles Downunder. I live with a friend who in general respects my privacy but who sometimes gets a little nosy when a package arrives for me (since I don't buy stuff online all that often, maybe only 2-3 times per year packages arriving for me are a little out of character). Especially a large package. What excuse should I tell her if she questions me about it?:confused:

I know for me its different but I'll say anyways. I buy stuff all the time online and probably get small to medium packages most weeks. When them orders of 80 something diapers come I just say that it was a bulk purchase and the company likes bubble wrap😉

CrinkleMyJimmies said:
Well my parents actually always cared for my PHYSICAL needs very well, in fact, I'd say up until my early 20's I was the apple of my parents eyes. I was pretty much a spoilt child. Sometime around 21/22 though they just kind of turned on me, and started literally sneering and jeering at me because they thought I didn't have enough physical/non-internet social life and because I was self employed (running an online business) rather than climbing the corporate totem pole. They'd actually laugh at me because they thought I had "no friends outside of the internet"...which actually wasn't even true I just didn't want to introduce any of my real life friends to them because I thought they'd be too judgemental.

Fortunately for you they adopted this attitude when you are an adult and did not damage you as a child. As an adult, you can now tell them to fuck off when they pull this crap and deprive them of your company. Until you do, they will continue to abuse you.

My mother used to verbally abuse my wife (not in my presence of course - she knew that I would not tolerate it). My wife with her then prodigious memory would calmly tell me verbatim the conversation that transpired on the way home. I did not say a word to my parents, merely deprived them of my company. Message delivered (though I believe that my mother was too stupid to understand it).

Kenn said:
Fortunately for you they adopted this attitude when you are an adult and did not damage you as a child. As an adult, you can now tell them to fuck off when they pull this crap and deprive them of your company. Until you do, they will continue to abuse you.

My mother used to verbally abuse my wife (not in my presence of course - she knew that I would not tolerate it). My wife with her then prodigious memory would calmly tell me verbatim the conversation that transpired on the way home. I did not say a word to my parents, merely deprived them of my company. Message delivered (though I believe that my mother was too stupid to understand it).

Exactly! The exact time they started up with this attitude was exactly the same time I moved out and thank goodness! I was lucky that they pretty much doted on me as a child (I was the only girl, and the youngest and kind of the bandaid baby in their relationship). I feel sorry for those whose parents pulled this crap on them while they were still underage and they had no escape. I have since tried to patch things up with them, but our relationship is still strained because of that time, and I still feel like their opinions have more power over me than they should even as an adult.

CrinkleMyJimmies said:
Exactly! The exact time they started up with this attitude was exactly the same time I moved out and thank goodness! I was lucky that they pretty much doted on me as a child (I was the only girl, and the youngest and kind of the bandaid baby in their relationship). I feel sorry for those whose parents pulled this crap on them while they were still underage and they had no escape. I have since tried to patch things up with them, but our relationship is still strained because of that time, and I still feel like their opinions have more power over me than they should even as an adult.

I understand feeling like their opinions have more power than they should. I have spent my whole life trying to impress my mother, to prove I am worthy and good enough. Even now that I am moved out, I still struggle with doing things I think she would want and not things that are best for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

photogirl said:
I understand feeling like their opinions have more power than they should. I have spent my whole life trying to impress my mother, to prove I am worthy and good enough. Even now that I am moved out, I still struggle with doing things I think she would want and not things that are best for me.

As long as you recognize it, you can fix it. :)

Kenn said:
As long as you recognize it, you can fix it. :)

I suppose. It is just hard to try to separate what I want for myself and what I think my mother would want for me.

photogirl said:
I suppose. It is just hard to try to separate what I want for myself and what I think my mother would want for me.

IKR? It's like that feeling that you are 'damaged goods' or 'fallen from grace' in their eyes, and yet you are still the same person on the inside who they used to love and care for?

BabyCorry said:
It's not that people snoop through the trash. Its that 2 or 3 diapers a day fills the trash FAST.

I recently tried going 24/7 and wow, you were right! I wasn't quite prepared for this huge volume of trash, even though I haven't been wearing my best Bambino diapers 24/7 but alternating them with land store bought Depends and various pullups which are thinner. I usually empty the trash as frequently as possible anyway, since I'm a very hygienic person so that's not out of character...but man, these nappies sure are creating a LOT of trash. I put wet/soiled nappies straight into a ziplock bag and empty the trash at least every other day...so I'm hoping nothing seems too amiss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back