Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to explain diaper packs arriving for those who aren't 'out'.

Default How to explain diaper packs arriving for those who aren't 'out'.

I recently ordered my first online diapers from Littles Downunder. I live with a friend who in general respects my privacy but who sometimes gets a little nosy when a package arrives for me (since I don't buy stuff online all that often, maybe only 2-3 times per year packages arriving for me are a little out of character). Especially a large package. What excuse should I tell her if she questions me about it?

Unfortunately no lol. Usually the only stuff I buy online is makeup and skincare which arrives in tiny boxes.

I also have nightmares about my parents coming over while I'm out and signing off and opening the box for me (they have the keys to my house). But I think the probability of this happening in reality is tiny.

Got any family issues like nieces, nephews birthday gift or an Easter gift , or buy a cheap bed comforter and hide it , if anything comes up about the delivery , say you got a great deal on a comforter & pillows .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

There's always the option of, "It's personal, I'd rather not discuss." And, if its a friend you trust, you could just be up front and go with the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyCorry View Post
    There's always the option of, "It's personal, I'd rather not discuss." And, if its a friend you trust, you could just be up front and go with the truth.
    Well I am fairly close to her but I tend to be a pretty guarded and cryptic person by nature. I am the stereotypical 'cat' rather than 'dog' personality. The thought of having to tell anyone irl still makes me squirm to my bones. Although I'd 'fess up and tell the truth if someone actually confronted me about it.

I think we all know that feeling. It comes down to do you want to be open with your friend or not. Another factor is how often are you going to wear. If you wear and use your diapers around the house while she's also home, she may notice. There is also throwing away used diapers even if you don't wear around her. They take up a lot of trash space. Not trying to scare you away from your diapers. Just a few of the logistics of wearing. The hardest part about wearing 24/7 for me is at home with roommates. Out of the house, even at work, people are just don't notice and if they do they don't care enough to say anything. Friends and family at home, sooner or later will find out if you wear 24/7 or close to it. So that conversation has to happen eventually. Or maybe not... I've got two people renting from me. I have cases of diapers delivered about every 6 weeks. I'm wearing around the house, obviously. There is no way they don't know, but it's never been brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyCorry View Post
    I think we all know that feeling. It comes down to do you want to be open with your friend or not. Another factor is how often are you going to wear. If you wear and use your diapers around the house while she's also home, she may notice. There is also throwing away used diapers even if you don't wear around her. They take up a lot of trash space. Not trying to scare you away from your diapers. Just a few of the logistics of wearing. The hardest part about wearing 24/7 for me is at home with roommates. Out of the house, even at work, people are just don't notice and if they do they don't care enough to say anything. Friends and family at home, sooner or later will find out if you wear 24/7 or close to it. So that conversation has to happen eventually. Or maybe not... I've got two people renting from me. I have cases of diapers delivered about every 6 weeks. I'm wearing around the house, obviously. There is no way they don't know, but it's never been brought up.
    Thanks for being honest about the logistics of wearing 24/7, which is something I aspire to, eventually. I wonder do many people really snoop through the trash to see what their partner/kids/room mate are throwing out though? To me that's pretty yukky! I have thrown stuff away at certain times of my life that I didn't want the person I was living with to see (parents, exes, roommates) and nobody has ever questioned me about it. I just double bag the item I don't want attention of (ziplock bag, then black garbo bag) and voila! It's just trash. Admittedly used nappies are higher volume than most embarrassing items, which might make a difference.

It's not that people snoop through the trash. Its that 2 or 3 diapers a day fills the trash FAST.

I've had a boat roommate who asked about a delivery of a case of diapers. My response: No.

No is a complete sentence. If they push harder, you be firmer with your boundaries. No - it's private and thats all I feel comfortable sharing.

If they push even harder - I said no, and I would ask you to PLEASE respect my boundaries.