Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Iowa Legalizes Same Sex Marriage.

Default Iowa Legalizes Same Sex Marriage.

Iowa Supreme Court legalizes gay marriage - More politics- msnbc.com

Iowa because the third state and the first in the midwest to legalizes same sex marriages. I'm fucking happy that the state I live in, finally did something right for once. So what are your guys thoughts on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post

Iowa because the third state and the first in the midwest to legalizes same sex marriages. I'm fucking happy that the state I live in, finally did something right for once. So what are your guys thoughts on it.
    I've been waiting for someone to get on here ALL NIGHT to let him know this.

My feelings are two-fold:
    1. FINALLY - the economic depression is forcing legislatures to leverage the tax ripoff that is marriage. This should bring money into the economy.
    2. Gays and non-gays alike are now permitted to screw up their lives with marriage. This is a good thing.
    3. Oh, and I'm sure the state will somehow screw this up. Remember, there's a 21-day period between now and when the first gay can marry in the state. Methinks swine- and corn-addled heads will prevail and the progressive stand will crumble.

Yea, the bad part is the 21 day waiting period before it final. Let just hope that the swine- and corn-addled heads are too busy cow tipping to worry about gay marriage.

Yea, the bad part is the 21 day waiting period before it final. Let just hope that the methinks [ed.] swine- and corn-addled heads are too busy cow tipping to worry about gay marriage.
    Hope so, but there's already evidence of grumbling on the news.

Now they're calling for "the people of Iowa" as an integral part of legislation. If they do that, not only will I mark down the "Hell, yes" option, but I'll be demanding direct representation or voice in other matters as well.
    Last edited by h3g3l; 04-Apr-2009 at 07:58. Reason: Added "or voice" to representation.

Good to know that another state has legalized it, 3 down 47 to go!

Iowa won't have a "Prop 8" any time soon.

If I read the rules to amending the Iowa constitution correctly, why can't they just use simple English? In order to amend their constitution the current House and Senate have to propose and pass the amendment, then the next House and Senate have pass the amendment, then the amendment is put to the citizens of the state where it has to be passed.

Wow amendments are tough in Iowa. They have do have a vote on having a Constitutional Convention coming up next year.

VICTORY for gay people victory *waves flag* the obama revolution is upon us

Butterfly Mage

Gays have been let down before. The Mormons have deep pockets and have proven they aren't afraid to use out-and-out lies to accomplish their theofascist agendas.

Awesome! That's exciting.