Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Loses on ACA Repeal

Default Trump Loses on ACA Repeal

Yesterday the Republicans had to pull their bill to repeal the Affordable Care Act after realizing they did not have enough support to pass it. This is a monumental embarrassment for President Trump, the Speaker of the House, Paul Ryan, and the Republicans themselves, who campaigned for seven years that they would repeal the legislation, yet were unable to prepare a platform which they themselves could support.

In spite of the number of Republicans who voted against the legislation, Trump was true to form by blaming Democrats for not supporting the bill. This is a case of a majority government snatching defeat from the jaws of victory! Throughout the campaign, Trump promoted himself as a dealmaker, yet went down in stunning defeat on his first significant piece of legislation, not because of the Democrats, but because of a rebellion from a faction of his own party.

After losing twice to the courts on his travel ban, his false accusations of being wiretapped by the Obama administration, the FBI investigation into the Trump campaign's communication with Russian authorities, this latest loss further weakens the perception of Trump's competency and credibility, calling into question his poor negotiating skills and his lack of influence over Republicans in Congress. It gives hope to the Democratic opposition in Washington and in the growing resistance around the country.

It's also a serious setback to Paul Ryan, the Speaker of the House, since it severely undermines Ryan’s leadership. Ryan even stated publically that the outcome on health care will make it harder for them to pass their next item which is a major tax reform package. Republicans will now have to explain to their constituents why they could not manage, even with full party control of the presidency and Congress, to keep their “repeal and replace” pledge, after having seven years to prepare for it.

Most importantly, it lets millions of people keep their health insurance who would have lost it under the proposed bill. The poor would have been hit the hardest. The bill would have resulted in a 25 per cent cut in funding for Medicaid, the government insurance program for low-income people.

The Republicans can theoretically try to pass another health bill at any time. But the possibility is highly remote after such a humiliating process, and Trump has said he wants to move on. In addition, the popularity of Obamacare has increased since Obama left office and it is much more popular than the Republican proposal. About half of Americans said they approve of Obamacare while in one March poll, approval for the Republican plan was 17 per cent.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...re-repeal-plan

After only two months in power, Trump is already showing himself to be the worst president ever.
    Last edited by Starrunner; 25-Mar-2017 at 15:15.

Fantastic! I personally don't have insurance but my grandmother is one of those people who would have been hit hard by the proposed bill.

It feels so good when the little people can stand up to that arrogant tangerine.
    Hopefully more are catching onto Trump's lies.

This pisses me off. Now I get to continue to be extorted by the Democrats.

Trump doesn't have a majority to work with. This just proves what I've been telling you all along. This is about Washington elites and their media lackeys fighting to preserve their turf...and their power over the citizens.

The GOP hates and fears him as much as the AGP does.

Not to worry. Obamacare will disintegrate under its own weight, as it was intended to do. Hopefully it doesn't take too much of the economy with it when it goes.

Hell I'm more worried about the sizable chunk of my income the ACA is stealing for a service I will never use. They can keep the damn ACA just get rid of the "mandatory health insurance" part. I don't need it, I don't want it, it's a burden on my income, and I have no use for medical insurance.

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post
    Hell I'm more worried about the sizable chunk of my income the ACA is stealing for a service I will never use. They can keep the damn ACA just get rid of the "mandatory health insurance" part. I don't need it, I don't want it, it's a burden on my income, and I have no use for medical insurance.
    Well, you could always move to a different country that doesn't make you contribute. I bet it be a pretty shitty place though.

Quote Originally Posted by MarchinBunny View Post
    Well, you could always move to a different country that doesn't make you contribute. I bet it be a pretty shitty place though.
    Well or I could stay in my home country and they can take out that that one mandatory part and keep the rest.

Besides name another country that has legal civilian firearms.

I'm having troubles understanding here, does this mean we keep our healthcare and Trump lost for trying to get rid of it?

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post
    Well or I could stay in my home country and they can take out that that one mandatory part and keep the rest.
    That "or" isn't dependant on what you want. So it's not really a decision you have. You can, hope, that it occurs ... but that is all you can do. Otherwise ... you can only deal with it or move. Those are your choices.

Personally, helping those in need, I don't see any better place to put taxes. Certainly better than putting it toward stupid shit like military weapons XD.

Besides name another country that has legal civilian firearms.
    LOL ... that is what you care about? XD

Edit:
    Well, you can't have everything you want I guess. All well.