What does it feel like to be Little?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tickles51

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I'm an AB, not a Little so I was wondering, what does it feel like to be Little? As an AB, I regress to infantsy, perhaps around 6 months old. I would describe the head-space when I'm regressed as being needy (cuddles, etc.). As long as I'm content, my mind is at ease and there are no extraneous thoughts. I become extremely oral and get frustrated if my bottle or a baby spoon is not in my mouth. I whimper when I'm frustrated. (I think I know why babies cry, they're frustrated.) I'm soothed by the sound of a baby rattle and I will shake it to relax myself. I move somewhat erratically, the way a baby kicks its legs.

How about you?

(please leave out the sexual parts)

Last edited:
To me, it feels like I'm physically the age I'm am, and I tend to act accordingly, I kind went into little space at my nanas when I was trying on clothes and I just managed to stop myself from stripping myself S if I was expecting my nana to dress me or something, that was so awkward! Now I know my littl side is ligit!

But seriously I tend to be more happier in little space and more calm and need more cuddles and attention and entertaining so I go entertain myself or go talk to somebody to get rid of the loniless feelings as an adult.

I tend to regress more when I go to bed when I padded up, go my paci in and with my favourite teddy bear and I imagine I'm in a crib as I drift off to sleep.

- - - Updated - - -

To put it this way, I think being little is part of somebodys personality to a point which of course has to be repressed, but on the other hand, adult babies I think end up being little only sometimes and most of the time think like an adult, I personally think little are more likely to get a full wardrobe of adult baby clothes, including adult sized regular clothes that make them feel like a little girl/boy, hvae pacidiers, wear 24/7 and have their room as a little room at least with loads of toys, kiddy posters and bed sheets and go about daily life with bottles and kids plates when they can at home, but at the same time they go to work , think adult for a few hours and when they get home they regress once everything's been done in moderation, that's my take on it anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps, I can't speak for every little or ab out there, that's just what I feel

I'm basically the same as: ticles51 :paci:

As an adult, I deal with a lot of stress and I struggle with depression and being anxious so that's always affecting me. When I'm in little space that tends to go away. I'm happier, calmer. I laugh easier, I don't censor myself as much so I'm more affectionate, sillier. I'm more open. It's very freeing for me. I'm always pretty needy, but I'm not scared to express it when I'm in that headspace. I also tend to be more into my childlike/babyish interests than I am in my adult headspace.

For me, I just feel more like myself when I'm regressed. And like others have said, I tend to be there more than the adult reality. There's nothing really sexual in it, I actually want to be a little girl, to think, act, play & if I could, to physically be a little girl (damn that last one, I know it will never happen). Humiliation & forced behaviour do absolutely nothing for me. My regressed age is also older than most at around 8-11. What I like best is cuddling up to my fave teddy & watch TV under my butterfly quilt. I wish the feeling would never end.

Reactions: Dirtydiaperboy
Note said:
In a word, it sucks.
Note, what do you mean by 'it sucks'. Don't you like it when your in Little space? Most people describe Little space as being a relaxed mental state. It's a stress relief for most. Do you think it interferes with your adult responsibilities? Or do you mean 'suck' as in pacifier?

tickles51 said:
Note, what do you mean by 'it sucks'. Don't you like it when your in Little space? Most people describe Little space as being a relaxed mental state. It's a stress relief for most. Do you think it interferes with your adult responsibilities? Or do you mean 'suck' as in pacifier?

Yes, I too am curious about this. Unless Note is making a pun (which doesn't appear​ to be the case), I am left wondering why, if being Little feels so bad, would one be a Little at all?

Reactions: Dirtydiaperboy
kerry said:
Yes, I too am curious about this. Unless Note is making a pun (which doesn't appear​ to be the case), I am left wondering why, if being Little feels so bad, would one be a Little at all?

Well, for me personally, as an AB, not a little, there are times when I might feel particularly small and needy, and without someone there to comfort me, it's not that rosy of a situation. So perhaps Note experiences something along those lines.

I wouldn't say it sucks, unless there's a negative emotion being felt while regressed. If that be the case, though, that part surely can. I'd say it floats. There's a bit of, "If they only knew. Gosh, sometimes I'm good at this adulting stuff, but sometimes, I'm so not," when I'm adulting. There aren't any sexy parts for me. I adult for that, or little me isn't safe. Right now I'm wearing my 1-piece minions PJs and a minions sweatshirt, both off the rack, from a regular store. I'm not doing anything wrong in wearing this, so, I'm not hiding it. I'd wear the sweatshirt in public, with a pair of jeans. Why not? It came off the rack. Please, don't take this to mean I get super far down in public. Barring a visit to a candy factory, huge toy store, or Crayola factory, I'm good. I think. I hope. Maybe.:lol: I'd just have to consciously put the brakes on.

It floats is the only words I have. Oh, no, wait! I think I have something that fits! Yay! It's like there's a bit of every age in me, all sewn together like a patchwork quilt, and together, all those patches make me. That makes sense, too, because, I hate being pigeonholed into an age!

I do know a bit about child development, so, I used to give a range, and I still feel it's pretty accurate, most of the time, but sometimes, it's too, I dunno. There are certainly times I definitely feel. . . Wow, the words left.

They came back, or got replaced by better ones. Don't you love how that works?

I've always said this. Emotionally and socially, very young, and cognitively, absolutely ridiculously picky. I can watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and be thinking, "Gosh, this is stupid! Yes, we know it's a cylinder! Glad to see CCSS has crept into preschool," but Miles and Doc are my friends, and Mickey and the Roadster racers isn't terrible. There're a few things on Baby1st TV that check my boxes, but I also like science court, and Schoolhouse Rock.

Anything stop motion, puppetry, or costumed character, captivating, just wonderfully captivating! I'm there! Instant Littlespace teleportation device!

I too get very oral, if I get down far enough. No matter how far down, I start wondering everything.

"Bubba, whewe's Timbuktu?"

"Bubba, how oo say mowe ven one pla'pus? How 'bout ocapus? Hippupamus?"

How I sound when I'm curious changes depending on how far down I get.

Oh, my gosh! Piggytails become awesome, if I'm regressed enough.

Anything pink, sparkly, or girly, no matter how far down.

There was one particular time I remember being so far down and emotional, that, I kid you not, spelling got hard. I was reduced to emojis and stickers!

Last edited:
Truthfully, I think the very simple answer is going to be it varies depending on who you ask.
For me, being a little doesn't feel any different than who I already am. My personality, in general, is just childish. I often put it as there is no on and off switch for me, for being little. Rather, there is an on and off switch for being an adult. XD

I have never considered this much myself. As I explore my DL side I do feel maybe 8-12 when this all started for me. I tend to cuddle more too. I can understand both AB and Little from my point of view. I hope everyone finds their comfort space and enjoy.

MarchinBunny said:
For me, being a little doesn't feel any different than who I already am.

This is pretty much how I feel about it too.

The only times I would say I actually ''regress'' would be when I'm feeling very needy, as I mentioned before, or maybe when I'm really excited about something, like how I felt when I got my PAW Patrol backpack earlier this month.

MarchinBunny said:
Truthfully, I think the very simple answer is going to be it varies depending on who you ask.
For me, being a little doesn't feel any different than who I already am. My personality, in general, is just childish. I often put it as there is no on and off switch for me, for being little. Rather, there is an on and off switch for being an adult. XD

Oh, my gosh, girl! You're awesome! Yeah, naturally childish adult. For me, it's like an age dial, instead of a switch, and it only gets turned all the way to adult when absolutely necessary.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
This is pretty much how I feel about it too.

The only times I would say I actually ''regress'' would be when I'm feeling very needy, as I mentioned before, or maybe when I'm really excited about something, like how I felt when I got my PAW Patrol backpack earlier this month.

I can regress, like Kimba, when I'm at the extreme of any emotion, or, come to think of it, mix thereof. This is what I meant trying to explain my emotional component. Now y'know why I mentioned Crayola factories and stuff, because in that situation and environment, I'd be super happy and excited.

Last edited:
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Oh, my gosh, girl! You're awesome! Yeah, naturally childish adult. For me, it's like an age dial, instead of a switch, and it only gets turned all the way to adult when absolutely necessary.

Ahh ya and thanks, You're awesome too! =^.^=
That is probably a better way to put it than a switch. It's the same with me. A dial.

But ya, practically all my life I have been considered childish by others, just in the way my personality is. Like balancing on the curb on the street while humming or being goofy. Or how I stand on my tippy toes as I was the food in the microwave spin. Or how to me plushies or toys just seem to be normal to have. Cartoons are just part of the day to day life. Cute things like Sanrio characters make me squeal and become giggly and excited. I rather have a cute cup than just a boring plain looking cup.

But in the past, even though people would tell me how childish I seemed, it all just seemed absolutly normal to me and never could understand why others wanted to be all serious and "Hur Hur I am adult ... I am working ... Hur hur I am serious about everything ... Look ... I am having meeting cause I am adult and important ... I am working on the lawn ... I have adult hobbies." Booooo *sticks tongue out* >.<, Just seems so boooooring to me. XP Just it seems for a lot of adult all life is too them is about work and nothing else. Even when they get home all they do is work x.x ... just a different type of work.

MarchinBunny said:
Ahh ya and thanks, You're awesome too! =^.^=
That is probably a better way to put it than a switch. It's the same with me. A dial.

But ya, practically all my life I have been considered childish by others, just in the way my personality is. Like balancing on the curb on the street while humming or being goofy. Or how I stand on my tippy toes as I was the food in the microwave spin. Or how to me plushies or toys just seem to be normal to have. Cartoons are just part of the day to day life. Cute things like Sanrio characters make me squeal and become giggly and excited. I rather have a cute cup than just a boring plain looking cup.

But in the past, even though people would tell me how childish I seemed, it all just seemed absolutly normal to me and never could understand why others wanted to be all serious and "Hur Hur I am adult ... I am working ... Hur hur I am serious about everything ... Look ... I am having meeting cause I am adult and important ... I am working on the lawn ... I have adult hobbies." Booooo *sticks tongue out* >.<, Just seems so boooooring to me. XP Just it seems for a lot of adult all life is too them is about work and nothing else. Even when they get home all they do is work x.x ... just a different type of work.
Same, even when I was gone I got through my so called teenage stage, I thought everybody my age was boring!

kerry said:

Maybe his Little side holds all his pain, or, at least, a significant amount? I said that because my Little side did, and to a lesser degree, still does. Don't mean to project.

Last edited:
tickles51 said:
I'm an AB, not a Little so I was wondering, what does it feel like to be Little?
How about you?

What does it feel like to be a little? Well for me I do not identify with a specific age. I will wear clothing such as onesies, both lap neck and standard tees, footied pj's, especially in winter, and diapers (either cloth or disposables) and plastic pants. I have added some young-ish underwear that I will wear at times when I'm adult outside but little underneath. I could dress as an infant but be doing adult things or maybe I would be dressed as a little boy instead doing the same. Crawling is not something my knees like to do any more. I walk where I need to go no matter how I dress.

I like Lego and it does not matter what age group it is for. I could be dressed in diapers and a onesie while building helicopters and houses. I may be dressed as an adult and be photographing someone making bubbles for me. I look at things with a different mindset. A rock is not just a rock. It could have fossils in it! There could be an awesome discovery to be made! Or maybe it is just a rock to throw into the water and make a big splash with. I say this as I look up at the rock with the fossil in it that I found walking up a mountain on holidays. But that rock was just a tiny piece of a huge area of fossils on the fire trail where the Cats had pushed a fire break the year before. Even the burn area was viewed differently, what new things were growing, were there any animals? My little is curious, interested in the world, wanting to learn, see things, do things.

My little one also wants to have fun. Sometimes I dress little, age-wise, or do things, like order 2 McHappy meals for dinner. Tonight I will sleep in a cloth diaper, plastic pants, and a onesie. I may take my soother with me. For sure I will be sleeping with Blue, my stuffy. Then when the alarm goes off I will get up, maybe wet, maybe dry, clean myself up, and get ready to go into work for 4 hours of overtime on a Saturday. After work, who knows, I might wear disposables for the rest of the day or I may dress as an adult....I will be myself, my little self....much happier than I have been for years...because I want to be.

Last edited:
I live a good part of my life as a "Little/Toddler", but I am still a very functional "Adult" to meet my needs.
Regressing and feeling "Little" feels good and I feel comforted and safe.
After all the outside world especially now is very hostile towards disabled adults like myself.
Being "Little" is where I "Feel Safe".
Yes, it is a "Good Feeling", even though it is only "temporary".

I agree with many other posters, when I in little mode (which tends to be most evenings / weekends) I'm a functional adult that is just a little more childish. I like it because it makes me more open or well rounded. To the people that know my secret they like it also because it opens the door for them to be softer and more providing. Being in little mode doesn't mean I need to be wearing a diaper or acting helpless, although I do like that also. I think of it as being a fully responsible adult that knows the difference between right and wrong but has an open mind and floods of creativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back