Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! My diapers were stolen by USPS

Angry Help! My diapers were stolen by USPS

I have came to the conclusion that my diapers were stolen by the USPS.

First what happened is that on March 14th 2009 I have ordered two 12 packs of their overnight diapers and with that and the shipping it has cost me $67.99

So after waiting for a couple of weeks because I given the benefit of the doubt for the sake that it might have been delayed for one reason or another so the next day which was March 30th 2009 I called the vendor and asked them what is going on and they have told me that it was delivered on March 14th 2009 which yes I did get mail but it was not diapers. It was a late arrival of a pamphlet from emergencyessentails.com and nothing more and nothing less. And they have instructed me to contact USPS and they given me a tracking number to use. So I called them and reported a package stolen and they told me that as valid as a case that I have they are not going to do any thing to cover the costs or anything like such.

So at this point I don't know what to do and I don't have any money what so ever to go out to the store to buy me even a package of diapers.

So what now?

I'm a little confused.

March 14th 2009 I have ordered two 12 packs from who?

I called the vendor and asked them what is going on and they have told me that it was delivered on March 14th 2009 They say they were delivered the same day you ordered?

So I called them and reported a package stolen and they told me that as valid as a case that I have they are not going to do any thing to cover the costs or anything like such. Who is "them", and why did they say they wouldn't do anything? If it is the Post Office, call your Congressman and explain the situation, you don't have to say what was in the package, just that a package is missing and PO won't do anything. If the company said this, contact the Better Business Bureau where ever they are located and file a complaint.

oops.

They were ordered from Secure Personal Care

I meant 18th Hit the 4 key by mistake

And I called USPS

Hope that answers every thing

Secure Personal Care normally uses UPS, not USPS.

But if the USPS says they won't do anything, call your Congressman's office and explain the situation. That is one of their jobs.

Solution..... NEVER use the United States Postal Service. EVER. They suck, they are underfunded and will do the bare minimum to ensure your package arrives in one piece.

USPS still owes me for the fact that my application for admission to Stanford University NEVER MADE IT THERE>.............

^^^ And an equal amount of people will say "never use ______! (FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.)". They all screw up occasionally.

I'm confused because SPC uses UPS by default, not USPS. Also, USPS has no responsibility to pay for your package unless you paid for shipping insurance, which can be requested at the time of sale. UPS on the other hand includes such insurance with most of their shipping programs by default.

In other words, the OP is screwed, unfortunately. Chances are that someone other than the USPS took the package after it was delivered anyway.

Darkfinn

Honestly... this is why you don't use the US Postal Service for shipping anything of value. I work in shipping/receiving and we get things like this all the time... so we have instructed our customers to use either UPS or FedEx. The Postal Service sucks big time when it comes to packages.

Chalk it up to a lesson learned... pay the extra cost and use UPS or FedEx next time.

I will say, it might not have been the postal service that stole them. It could have been neighbors. I once had a shipment of Omaha Steaks stolen from my front porch. I guess they had been delivered, and a neighbor (I didn't live in a great area at the time) must have wondered what they were, they probably just went up to the porch and looked, which if they didn't see my car there, they would know I wasn't there. Needless to say I was pissed, however I called Omaha Steaks, told them I never received it, and they re-sent it at no charge. I know diapers and steaks & lobster tails are different, but you might try contacting Secure Personal Care and explain to them the situation, they may send it to you again.

Edit: Woot! 500th post, now I'm at like 1/10th of Pojo's post count
    Last edited by Ace; 04-Apr-2009 at 15:27. Reason: add the post number.

Thanks for the information and this is indeed a lesson to be learned.

I will try to contact them and let them know that my package was infarct stolen and hope that they will re-send me a package. I will put in here a quote from the Representative.

Thanks for all your kind help.

I am sorry to hear about your luck Mauiman. I have had pretty good luck in getting my diapers delivered in the past. I have had all 3 delivery companies too(UPS, FedeX and USPS). I live in an apartment and when I am not home for the attempted delivery they always take them to the apartment office. I have had a few embarrassing moments there though. I have had some diapers delivered in their regular box and last year the box came open while it was being shipped and the diapers(Attends)had spilled out. They were still in their packs but it was a little embarrassing to say the least. I hope that you have better luck in the future and do try again to purchase some diapers again.