Not open for further replies.

paddedone

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
I've been an ab/dl since I was a preteen (DL then and have become more of an AB as I've gotten older). I decided to wear a wet diaper to bed last night to help myself regress and I did. I woke up later in the night to pee again (small amount), but couldn't go back to sleep until I changed into a fresh diaper. I've worn to bed previous times (dry only) and have had good sleep and bad sleep. Afterwards, my sleep was a little inconsistent. Does anybody have any advice for keeping a good night's sleep when nature calls?

Hey there Paddedone! If I have a minor accident I don't change, having good diapers (I like my Tykables and ConfiDrys) should mean you don't have to change just because you use them in the middle of the night. THAT SAID, I never go to bed wet as the cold feeling and possibility of rash keep me from getting good sleep if I'm not dry. A dash of powder also helps keep moisture down which decreases skin irritation which can prevent itiching (and that will keep you up, trust me). Just my two cents.

Seconded. You didn't say what kind you're using, but you need to be using at least half decent diapers for overnight. Go with something too cheap and you'll have that clammy wet uncomfortable feeling.

Stick with something like abena, molicare, or better. I prefer confidry or crinklz myself, but if you're not going to be fully using your diaper at night then you probably don't need a diaper this good.

When I had to go back into diapers again it was very hard to get a good nights sleep. It took me almost 2 months before I could get a full nights sleep which affected my school performance academic wise .

Just takes getting used to. While I usually won't need them at night unless my stomach is being particularly grumpy I can't fall asleep worth a darn without a diaper on because I'm just so used to wearing them by this point.

Just do it more. I eventually got so used to it I started wetting the bed and, obviously, the rest is history.

Hehe, yeah I think I may actually be getting close to that myself as well. In a dream the other night my character in the dream wet her diaper so who knows when that'll progress to also the waking world.

Practice, practice, practice. That's the best way to really get used to it: just by doing it. That's how I got used to it.

When I started sleeping in diapers, I had no trouble going to sleep. One thing you can do is not to think about what you're wearing. Then eventually you can sleep any night with a diapy.

I can't sleep without a nappy on it just doesn't feel right.

It takes some getting used to, just have to practice. When I started wearing diapers to bed again in 4th grade, it took me about three weeks to get used to having to sleep with a thickness between my legs, but now I can't even tell I am wearing anything, you want to be sure you buy quality diapers, so they don't leak at night. I use Pampers size 7 stuffed inside an AppleCheeks cloth diaper at night, and it makes it through 10 hours of sleep. The only times I have had to change in the middle of the night is when I was sick with a fever; I had to wake up at 2am, after 6 hours of sleep and change into a fresh diaper.

Thanks everybody! I've been using abu simple and northshore supremes. I think it's about getting used to wearing my diapers to bed and I'll continue to acclimate it into to my routine. The feeling of tucking myself in with a nice and thick diaper on is so nice.

I'm still getting used to sleeping in a nappy too - but apart from the odd setback it gets gradually easier over time.

It really does take a lot of practice - and don't worry if a few nights don't work out too well.

Your skin gets used to being wet - and with a good disposable it's not that wet anyway.

It helps if you are confident you're not going to leak - so wear a good diaper and plastic pants if you can get used to sleeping in them and try to train yourself to pee on your front or back. Alternatively you can wear cloth nappies and then you can pee in any position.

Drinking enough water so you are well hydrated helps - but not too much.

A bunch of good advice in this thread :)

I agree totally that a major factor is a decent diaper, and having confidence in it. You mentioned that you wear Northshore Supremes, a very decent night-time diaper.

One thing that worked for me was timing, and setting a routiine. Barring any major incidents, I change into a fresh diaper in the morning, after I've been up for over an hour, and showered. I change again after work, which is normally when I am wettest. I change the last time right before bed, adding plastic pants/Garywear briefs if I know I've been drinking more than usual. I know from experience that my Northshores can go through multipe MAJOR wettings, so I have confidence that I'll be "covered" throughout the night, even if I wake up multiple times to wet, which is rare.

Lie on your back or front (back is better), and just relax, knowing that it will be okay. The wicking and absorbency on the Northshore Supremes is excellent, so you should have zero concerns about leakage, and you don't get that constant soggy/clammy feel. You DO feel and notice the weight and the swelling, but is not uncomfortable at all. It's important to relax, because if you don't, you'll hold back, and possibly wake up multiple times for smaller,wettings.

If you're still paranoid, you can just use an insert/doubler/stuffer and plastic pants. I've never experienced any issues with leakage with that setup. Of course, an even better option is wearing thick, multi-layered cloth diapers and plastic pants. I've only done that a few times,because I HATE washing diapers, but it the far more secure, and as another poster mentioned, the only way to safely wet while in any position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back