I wonder what non-abdls think when they see you buy nappies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrinkleMyJimmies

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Yes, I know this probably isn't the best place to ask:eek: But it's always fun to speculate and imagine things from the point of view of the other side. If you were not an abdl and either saw someone else buying a pack of adult nappies or suspected that they were buying adult nappies either in store or online what would your first reactions be?

What do you think is going through a 'vanilla' store clerks's mind when they are scanning a pack of adult nappies? I'm going to guess it's probably not "hahaha I KNOW, I am imagining you in that diaper right now" or "wow you are pretty kinky!" unless they also happen to be abdl. Do they just really not care or think about it because they don't fetishize/sexualize and dwell on incontinence products like we do? Do they assume it's most likely not for you but a relative if you appear to be an adult, but a non elderly looking adult? Do they think to themselves "ouch, how embarrassing having to buy this, you poor thing"? Or do they assume it's for you because you're incontinent and think "man it must suck being incontinent and having to buy this old folks stuff at your age"?

Also if a non-abdl accidentally saw your internet search history and saw a site selling adult diapers, what would their first instinct reaction be?

Last edited:
I've never had any problems purchasing, but it doesn't mean the paranoia isn't there. I get less anxious each time.

I think we may over think it, at least I do. Most people don't actually pay attention to what I'm buying or if they do they don't make any comment or reaction to it. It's hard to get inside of other peoples heads and realize that most people don't think it's any different than going to the store and buying a deodorant stick. Similar to buying tampons for your gf. No one is going to care.

Well no one is going to care isn't always true. I've gotten some odd looks before. Once or twice I heard laughter. In a general sense, yes, no one is going to care. There will be isolated incidents occasionally. It doesn't change how I feel about getting them: paranoia, anxiety, that just get it and go feeling.

A friend of mine who use to work retail said that for him, everything was just an item to scan, so he never really paid attention to what the item was.

Additionally, I know a few people who were not ABDLs who have purchased diapers in the store for their elderly family, so not all who purchase are purchasing for themselves.

I think the more normal you make the purchase and the less nervous you act, people don't react at all.

They probably think you're buying it for an elderly family member or something. Maybe worst case some kind of joke or hazing ritual if you like like a younger member of the party crowd.

As far as internet history goes, people who know me personally would probably think it was for some kind of idea or experiment I had in mind having nothing to do with wearing them. Though depending on how well they know me, they may be able to put two and two together and realize that they're actually for wearing.

irnub said:
They probably think you're buying it for an elderly family member or something. Maybe worst case some kind of joke or hazing ritual if you like like a younger member of the party crowd.

As far as internet history goes, people who know me personally would probably think it was for some kind of idea or experiment I had in mind having nothing to do with wearing them. Though depending on how well they know me, they may be able to put two and two together and realize that they're actually for wearing.

That is kind of similar to my pre-planned excuse if someone happens across me on this site or bambinodiapers.com etc. I will tell them I was simply curious about the whole ab/dl scene, but not admit I was actually into it. It would have a chance of flying since I'm a curious and scientifically minded person by nature.

Edit: Premetheus - thanks for being honest. I'm sure so called "Vanilla" folks are extremely different within themselves and yes, some of them WILL indeed judge you because of your kink and sneer at you for being anything slightly out of today's politically correct accepted norm. That's a fact of life.

In short I think a certain percentage of my fear is imagined/overthinking it, but a certain amount of it is REAL. Face it, humans can be very judgemental, conformist and cruel to those who don't conform.

Last edited:
I'm incontinent; and for many years, I have been buying diapers from a pharmacy located a few blocks from my house that specializes in the sale of incontinence products. It's handy to have a nearby store that specializes in the things you need to buy on a regular basis.

For many years, the only absorbent products that the pharmacy carried were those clearly designed for use by people with a medical problem. Then, about a year ago, they started carrying the lines of diapers produced by Rearz that have interesting babyish prints on them. I was quite surprised to see the new abdl designs and asked about why they had started to carry them. They told me that a number of their incontinent customers had asked for them. Of course, I have no idea whether those customers are the real deal or just pretend to be incontinent when buying adult diapers.

Another thing that I've observed is that AgeComfort and Healthwick (two of Canada's leading suppliers of incontinence supplies that take orders online and ship nationwide) have also started carrying adult diapers with babyish prints on them. As an incontinent guy, I might even consider buying some diapers with juvenile prints except for the fact that my partner would have a fit, "What if you had to go to the emergency room when wearing a diaper like that."

Inconinmiss said:
I'm incontinent; and for many years, I have been buying diapers from a pharmacy located a few blocks from my house that specializes in the sale of incontinence products. It's handy to have a nearby store that specializes in the things you need to buy on a regular basis.

For many years, the only absorbent products that the pharmacy carried were those clearly designed for use by people with a medical problem. Then, about a year ago, they started carrying the lines of diapers produced by Rearz that have interesting babyish prints on them. I was quite surprised to see the new abdl designs and asked about why they had started to carry them. They told me that a number of their incontinent customers had asked for them. Of course, I have no idea whether those customers are the real deal or just pretend to be incontinent when buying adult diapers.

Another thing that I've observed is that AgeComfort and Healthwick (two of Canada's leading suppliers of incontinence supplies that take orders online and ship nationwide) have also started carrying adult diapers with babyish prints on them. As an incontinent guy, I might even consider buying some diapers with juvenile prints except for the fact that my partner would have a fit, "What if you had to go to the emergency room when wearing a diaper like that."

They could be the real deal. I'm not as into "babyish" prints per say, but I do from time to time like having some "girly panties" so to speak. So in the past I've had some DC Amor on hand, and also been interested lately in the Rearz Princess Pink. But I could easily see someone like me that just wants something cute in general. (Or even like the Age Comfort Fab Sense I'm trying out at the moment)

I've once chatted it up with a cashier at a medical supply store. She was very apologetic for my having to deal with incontinence at such a young age (17 yrs old at the time). Of course I didn't tell her I only wore diapers because I was a DL and liked them. Most since then have just given me the feeling they either truly do not care, or are at lest somewhat sympathetic to my being "incontinent".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back