How to stop wearing 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

nezquic66

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
As the title says, I am in need of help of stopping wearing 24/7, but, don't know how to do it. I went 24/7 about in the beginning of January starting off as a weekend only, and that progressed to a week and now I'm here, 24/7 for 2 months. Before this, I was never 24/7 for more than a week or so. In these two months, my bladder has significantly shrank in size and I am urinating a LOT more often and often find that I do not recognize it when I need to pee.
Sometimes I will recognize the urge, others I catch myself as I am wetting, and I even won't know that I wet myself at other times. Most of the time I can catch myself before I wet, but, my "accidents" do scare me because I have them a few times per week. Wearing is enjoyable, but, it has become a hassle and is growing expensive on a college budget.
As part of my "training" back, I am wearing more Goodnites during the day to make me think more about wetting before I do it (in order to avoid both overflowing my diaper AND avoiding an accident during the day undiapered). How have you all gotten out of diapers after a long stint? How long did it take you and was it hard?

I haven't ever worn that long, but I would think the thing to do would be to intentionally hold it and do some kegel exercises (Google the term) to help strengthen your bladder again. Also, maybe stop using the diapers and go in the bathroom instead, but keep a diaper on until you feel comfortable and confident. Basically, just because you're diapered doesn't mean you have to use them, so wear for security until you get back to normal.

That's a good idea!! I try to go to the bathroom a few times per day when I think about it and try to pee, but, I still find myself in a wet diaper at times (though I am wearing less diapers now versus two weeks ago).

ArchieRoni said:
I haven't ever worn that long, but I would think the thing to do would be to intentionally hold it and do some kegel exercises (Google the term) to help strengthen your bladder again. Also, maybe stop using the diapers and go in the bathroom instead, but keep a diaper on until you feel comfortable and confident. Basically, just because you're diapered doesn't mean you have to use them, so wear for security until you get back to normal.

Just so. Pretend you aren't diapered and you'd need to use the toilet. Don't go any more frequently than that. That's how I prefer to wear/use my diapers anyway, so I've had zero reduction of capacity after wearing 24/7 for months at a time.

Maybe something is medically wrong. Just coincides with your going full time. If you don't regain control soon. Please see a doctor.

You've spent two months reverse potty training. Going back just means you have to potty train again.

Wearing training pants, or a very low capacity pullup is a good start. Going before you need to won't really help though. You need to restretch your bladder and strengthen your sphincter muscles.

The next time you need to pee- don't. Most of us can remember the old pee pee dance we did as young kids. This is what increased our capacity to hold it, and it's what you're going to need to do too.

Haven't tried it myself, but I read somewhere about setting yourself a schedule. Pee every half hour, then every hour and longer and longer times till you can hold a normal full bladder.

I am already partially setting a pee schedule. I try every two hours, on the hour, to pee. If I hold it to wait, I usually forget about it and wet myself

nezquic66 said:
I am already partially setting a pee schedule. I try every two hours, on the hour, to pee. If I hold it to wait, I usually forget about it and wet myself
Nesquic has the right answer , setting a timed voiding schedule with increased frequency to void in the toilet and not in the diaper , slowly moving the times farther apart until you are back to holding like normal, minimum 2 hours of holding ability. That's how physical therapist teach it .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Go cold turkey. Put regular underwear on. If you have a couple accidents, your brain will catch on and put a stop to it. The shock of wetting will reinforce it.

I tried twice. Haven't succeeded. Don't intend to try again.

Vinylfeet said:
Go cold turkey. Put regular underwear on. If you have a couple accidents, your brain will catch on and put a stop to it. The shock of wetting will reinforce it.
Or turn him totally to the "dark side" , as a kid having an accident seems monumental at the time but over time you forget about it, having an accident at work or with friends as an adult is something you will not soon forget,because he certainly can't tell them "chill out I am trying to go off diapers cold turkey" talk about outing yourself !

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I went 24/7 back in 2001 and only noticed a slight decline in capacity (mine is below normal anyway) but even now I still try to hold my bladder and make it to a bath room, try exercising the muscles used to stop the flow of pee even if you don't have to go at that time, try Kegel exercises to keep those muscles strong and treat your diaper like it's underwear, or even just wear a pad with normal undies, but for me treating my diaper like it's underwear has helped keep my control to best of my ability, if you can, avoid caffeine but don't reduce liquid intake, you don't want to be dehydrated. I some times also think about the money I will save by not using my diaper, I wear cheap stuff but still 70 cents to a buck each adds up, I have been told keeping a diary how many times you go an noting the time as well can give you an idea of when you may need to go and then head to the bathroom. I treat a diaper like underwear to the point I will even use a urinal standing up and pulling out my junk from the side leg gathers of the diaper just like I would with underwear, get into that routine and you should be able to get back to your starting point.
If you can't get back control I would strongly suggest you see a doctor

Thanks for the advice. I am trying to use my pee schedule while drinking normal amounts of liquids. That has been good so far, though, I've only been doing that for a few days. I am wearing Goodnites as well so I will notice when I wet more easily. I need a few more days of this to see the success, but, I'm feeling good!

The most important thing to remember is don't take away a safety net right away, wait a week or two until you are sure you are done with accidents.

I've still been diapered 24/7 in a pull up pretty much for a week now, treating it as normal underwear. I pay attention to my bladder and pee every two hours on the hour. This has helped and I have only wet myself twice since Saturday. I'd say that's pretty good! I'm still in the habit of wetting myself either in the middle of the night or when I wake up, so that has been hard to break

night time is the hardest for me to wet and when driving, I have no clue why, I will wet when I don't want to but have difficulty when I want to, the only time I really wet at night is when I am drunk but the usually leak, so I wear a better one if I am intoxicated, I take a tricyclic antidepressant and that does help some of the time.

I think a good rule of thumb from now on for those who wanna try going 24/7 is to always hold it in for a bit and do some kegel exercises to keep up strength in case you ever need to stop wearing 24/7. It's what I plan to do when I move in and have babyfur room mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back